Stephen Hill boasts offseason "growth"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, May 26, 2014.

1. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

I have minimal faith at this point but still feel strong that 3rd year is a a make or break for "project receivers" So i will hold faith until he proves something different.

VanderbiltJets likes this.
  2. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Definitely not holding my breath for a major turn around, but he is just 23 and still maturing as a player and person. At this point, it'll be nice if he registers a catch in each game he plays. Maybe competition will increase his competence.

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Not sure what to say to that other then I'm glad you're thinking of me.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

“I can’t play like Eric Decker, I can only play like Stephen Hill.”

Yeah...ok.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Stephen Hill hasn't done shit up to this point other than to justify competing for a depth position.

Bottoms up

6. Ajitator

That's just like, your opinion... Man.

But really, This isn't even a discussion anymore it's almost sad. You have your panties in a twist because he dropped a ball that "changed our season" 3 years ago.

Get over it. I didn't even post in this thread until he had to call me out in a way that doesn't even make sense. He absolutely will have a spot to compete in camp and you saying he doesn't "deserve" one is irrelevant. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. As is mine,. So not sure why we need to make these things so personal.

7. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Fine, I'll bite......

It's NOT A TUMOR

Capt. Ace Nick likes this.
  8. laxin

laxin Active Member

The guy plays smaller than Kerley because he cant high point the ball. An extra inch or so means nothing unless he can actually use his size to his advantage and attack the ball in the air.

9. abyzmul

The sad part is that you automatically assume that I am a jilted fan that holds one missed catch against him instead of 2 years of failure. Actually, the saddest part is that you use an iPhone, but I don't want to digress.

It isn't even a discussion? I've seen the pathetic arguments you put up to defend this guy. I know that he's a "project". I also know the sad history of projects that this team has drafted over the years. Guys that never did a thing in college outside a 30 second highlight reel. But, hey, measurables and potential, right?

I want to ask you a serious question here, not even relating to Hill.

Who is your favorite of the 2014 draft class to make the team, outside of the third round? Do you have one?

10. Ajitator

Now what phone I use suddenly has relevance for my ability to asses a player? Hop off your tall bike, and put down the PBR tallboy . I know it's an American holiday and everything but that doesn't mean you need to be an asshole.

The fact that you're holding past draft "projects" against Hill is a joke.

As for your question; I don't have a favorite yet because I've seen very little of how they'll fit into our system but I'm pulling for the McDougle pick to work out.

But you're really not interested in a foot ball discussion you just want to blast me for giving Stephen hill a chance. So you want me to say; Saunders and Evans will both be cut cause Stephen hill is the best WR. Sign this beast!!!?!?!?!?

Have a glass of water before bed bud. You'll thank me in the morning.

11. abyzmul

Man, lots of whining up in this post.

I was joking about your phone, unless you couldn't get your inadequacies out of the way in time. If you couldn't, then I was totally serious and you should be ashamed to show your Fagphone in public.

Thanks for the "asshole" comment, that means I can stop holding back that you seem like an emotionally fragile turd that is tentatively hanging into the mere possibility that a really bad player might someday in your sad existence make half a dozen plays that you can brag about before they get cut, and then you can turn your Stephen Hill jersey into the beat rag it was meant to be.

And the PBR comment... easy to guess your age, and easy to tell that some big nosed hipster tard edged you out for a pussy you really wanted.

Now that we've gotten that unfortunate part out of the way, I'll address your next two points.

There's no myth about the previous FO team's failures with project players unless you just want to pretend this is THE BIG ONE THAT WILL PROVE ALL OTHER PROJECTS WRONG. I mean, really? Name a single project player they drafted before Idzik took office that was successful, to the point that their draft position was unquestioned.

Just one.

Second point: how is it that you were all in for Hill a couple of years ago but are not even really interested in the current draft class? I know it won't look suspicious to you, but I know anyone that reads your Hill fanboy posts will agree with me. It's bizarre.

Have a glass of... just have a nice night, since I know Stephen Hill's balls are dreadfully empty at this point.

12. Ajitator

So because I don't have a "favorite" I'm not interested at all in the draft class . That makes a ton of sense. Blaming Hill on a string of unsuccessful draft projects makes no sense. You don't hit every time but saying you'll never hit on a player because you haven't yet is kind of a dumb way to think about things.

You must be very proud of yourself with all that but I'm done with this for now. When you sober up maybe we can still have a conversation later so I won't ignore you now.

None of your post was even about football. You're just attacking me on an Internet forum about my opinion haha. Get a life.

13. abyzmul

Don't go all pregnant prom queen on me, girlfriend, I have been asking you football questions and you choose to focus on how you have been destroyed verbally, it just illustrates your self esteem issues.

But let's get past that stuff.

I asked you if you had a favorite in the draft class. Past round three. I didn't specify a position. I gave you a chance to just post about a player that has upside. You choose to play victim.

Grow a fucking sack. Do you even have an opinion about the draft class? Anything but whining about me?

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe he did grow something over the offseason...a PAIR!!!! LOL I'd be happy if he just grew webs between his fingers and the skin on his palms turned very sticky.

Richiebsweet likes this.
  15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Don't care how much he grew, Hill isn't a good football player. I'll believe he has improved when I see it.

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

When Stephen Hill dropped that first down pass against new england he ruined my life. I will never forgive him. EVER.

17. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

I'm pretty sure we would all be ecstatic if Stephen Hill managed to prove us wrong this season.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Hill returned to his grade school to talk to the kids. Their teacher had the class recite nursery rhymes for him:

"'Ol McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. The ball bounced off his outstretched arm, E-I-E-I-OOOOOOO"

and then this:

"Hickory Dickory Dock, the ball bounced off his cock"

Then his agent called and told him to get the hell out of there.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Hill is the kwame brown of the NFL

legler82 likes this.
  20. Ajitator

Wow.. This was good for a laugh, But you've lost it bro. Take a few deep breaths ( and drink a little bit less ) between posts next time. The "fact" that you that you "destroyed me verbally" and that I have "self esteem issues" actually got a LOL.... Who's the one attacking people on the internet with homophobic slurs gay insinuations?

I do have a lot of interest in the draft class and this team ( or I wouldn't be here ). I posted a number of times on this forum about our WRs ( including all the rookies we picked up ) in a post that got a large number of views and likes and started a pretty good discussion. You can look up the thread if you care ( but i'm guessing you don't )

I chose McDougle because it's the pick everyone is ragging on the team for. Last year it was Sheldon and it blew up in their faces ( he's a beast ). This year everyone's saying this kids a bust and too injury prone and was a total reach. If he works out not only does it rub dirt in their faces but it fills a HUGE need for this team. I gave you a short answer because this isn't the right thread for that discussion.

If you took half a second / bothered to actually read some of the posts that are longer then a sentence and have real content, rather then just trying to start up flame wars with complete strangers, you might actually learn something from this forum. I know I have.

I've actually found your posts in the past to be pretty insightful and you usually have something to add, So again I'm not going to ignore you just yet. But seriously this was pretty uncalled for. Hopefully it was just the booze talking, I know we've all been there.

NCJetsfan likes this.