17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I got one also so I assume all UDers got them as well :mad:

2. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

For you guys who have season tickets. Are your seats coming up on your My Jets Account. I see nothing.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay, so my date was this morning, May 16, at 10am. So I logged onto my account, but not without getting a warning that I needed the latest verson of Mozilla or IE or Chrome. So I ignored that and went into "My Account" and then to the "Upgrade" and then attempted to click on the little box for the upgrade, to see what's available. It wouldn't take!

So now I went back and had to download the latest version of Chrome. Then I went into the NY Jets (My Account) with that browser and got to the window for the upgrade, and this time it allowed me to "see" the available seats (in green). Seats in red are already gone and seats in purple is what you have now. Seats in yellow are presumably what you'll see if you select new seats. Now, be CAREFUL with upgrading your Windows IE to version 9, which is what they are calling for if you want to use IE, because they are saying Windows 9 isn't compatible either, even if you upgrade to it. I'm not a geek so I don't know what's up with that.

But anyway, was able to "see" using the new Chrome and of course, there is nothing else available that is better than what I have, so I just logged out and left my seats alone.

Hope this helps you other guys when your time comes to see other available seats.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The seats I returned to the NYJs because those renters opted out are gone so I doubt there will be any FR UD sidelines seats available for us to upgrade to:mad:

5. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up! Were there a lot of seats available in section 338?

6. Section 227. Row 5

Negative. I looked and there was nothig in the first 4 rows. Same with 339. I believe there might be a couple in Rows 7 or so in 338. Just scattered seats though, and no more than a couple here or there. It's really picked over between the 40s.

7. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Really appreciate it man! One of my buddies is in 334, and I wanted to see if he can make the move to 338, where I am located.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

I doubt you looked but anything in 347?

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Strange not to be involved in the seat-dance this year. I opted-out of my row 3's, then bought a 3-game pack. Locations aren't as good as what I had, but I'm saving money. My goal is to score tickets for the other five games on game day. I live close enough to the stadium so the risks are low.

The biggest surprise with the 3-pack was the availability of mezzanine B seats for $150 per game. These must be defaulted PSL seats now owned by the Jets. I bought them for one of my games - Denver.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Sorry, I didn't check.

11. Section 227. Row 5

I don't blame you. If they hadn't come up with my 4 seats together in Row 1 somewhere between the 40s, I was going to pack it in too. He must have detected that attitude in my voice too, because he called me back 10 minutes later adn I got the upgrade (last year). At that point I was like, "Okay, I am ready to pack it the fuck in, but now I got what I always wanted, so screw it... I'll stay now and see what happens." It was either that or I just lucked out to be calling on the right day at the right time.

After that, I never expected a price DECREASE! That totally blew me away. So now I think the problem with the UD Primes is going to be that they are more attractive now than ever because of the price drop. This is why they have all but disappeared in Rows 1-4 and also between the 40s. Row Ones with no PSL attached is a no brainer. This is something we all drooled about 5 years ago, that maybe we could score something like that. So whenit appeared, I nearly fell off my chair.... thought it was some kind of joke. Then the guy told me, "No man, you can have these seats" and I grabbed them and then got off the phone and immediately made myself a couple of good strong drinks.

After all of the fucking around by the "reps,' after all of the lies, the holding out of better seats, the misrepresentations, the "pay today and we'll see what we can do for you later" bullshit, here I was on the phone with one guy who actually gave me the upgrade I wanted. I had to buy two sets of 4's mind you, at one point. I wound up owning 8 seats for a time, just to try to create my own upgrade. Then"traded" them all in for the 4 I got 2 years ago, and then the last upgrade came along and I grabbed it.

But it's been an unbelievable trip for all of us. I think back on some of the conversations we've all had over the years. Really left a bad taste in a lot of guys' mouths too. So I don't blame anyone for doing what they had to do... Champ included. They fucked over the "Senior Longevity" like nothing else I've ever seen. Probably lost a lot of good loyal fans in the process too, which explains all the Raiders, Pats, Ravens, Dolphags fans, etc. It'll take them two generations just to get back the loyalty they had from the old-timers that they tossed out the door like yesterday's garbage.

12. Section 227. Row 5

^^^ I will also add that WINNING for a change wouldn't fucking hurt either.^^^

I think they can get back SOME of the loyal fanbase they kicked out the door by WINNING a few Championships and getting to the SB and at least creating the excitement again. But there's been a lot of damage... The Jets are going to have to become winners and stay that way for a number of years before they can get back the loyalty they had with us. Right now they've got the PSL Yuppies who mortgaged some of their future wealth to buy into the PSL nonsense. A lot of them have even bit the dust. Ironically, they lost even those numbskulls who just had to have $10,000 PSLs at the time and were tripping over themselves to commit to huge, unending, annual expenditures for a team that drafts the likes of The El Guappo, 16-Starting-Game Experiment. Unbelievable.

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

There were some seats in 338. You could probably move to a lower row a section or two over and get four no problem at a cheaper price.

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

Reality finally set in. I also wonder if new marketing people joined the front office who realized things were pretty fucked up and it was time for a change. Prices had to go down. Remember a few years ago about 900 pages earlier in this thread people were praying just to get a seat in the upper deck. (Holy shit this is 927 pages couldn't even make a book big enough). The upper primes between the 40s are a now brainer in the first four rows. I still see some further down the sidelines in row 1 on the seat viewer which I was shocked by.

When the Jets moved to the new place all they had to do was throw a $20 per ticket price increase on every seat and we all would have gotten over it. Now I'm paying less for my seats now than I did in the old stadium.

15. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Need some help from you all. I currently have an orange parking pass, and have been given the opportunity to upgrade to yellow. I turned down this upgrade last year, but this year I am thinking about it. Is a yellow parking pass worth it?

Edit: For the last couple years, my father and I have been parking in the garage. We have it down to a science, so it would probably take some great benefits to move. Since my Dad is older, I do want to make it an easier walk for him. Do B and D, yellow zones fill up? and if they do, how early do you need to show up. We rarely tailgate, so we usually show up 30-45 minutes before game time.

#18535 JetDan, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  16. max

max Active Member

It's free to upgrade from orange to yellow. I got the same offer today. Might as well get the yellow and if you don't like parking there go back to parking in orange. No biggie.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'd go yellow. You can always park in orange with a yellow pass.

18. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I was unsure if you can use yellow in orange zone, so that solves that.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its been 3 weeks since the last post. That time of the year until training camp. Not only was I able to get a yellow pass, I was able to get 2 so I don't have to meet someone before the game and park my car at the diner an go in one car. So much easier especially after the game. Why couldn't they just do this to begin with... I know why, because they were arrogant greedy corporate fucks trying to milk the public for $ as much as possible until the public said F U.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I got 3 game package this year. Any idea when I should expect tickets to arrive?