Welcome to the Jets Calvin Pryor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, May 8, 2014.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You know.

Reaching for offensive talent >>>>> taking the defensive talent that's there at the pick.

Of course

Trading the farm and the barn for that coveted few players >>>> reaching for offensive talents.

Idzik is a fucking moron, right? I really think Jets should bring the genius Tannenbaum and let him handle the draft again.

2. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

I wouldn't call Wilk or Richerson gentle giants. Defiantly not on the field. No one on our defense is gentle...Please re phrase your statement.

3. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Taunting I think would be the call if he does that here..The zebra's will throw their laundry at us all day long for lesser offenses.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, that would be the Mark Gastineau rule...haha

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Wilson is not even close to being a HOF caliber QB

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Hey man trading the farm to reach for a QB in 2009 got us where we are today!

:p

It's funny how somehow past GM's and coaches and players dictate what decisions the GMs, coaches, and players of today will do. There is a clear plan from Idzik and it's funny how people, like the one you quoted, don't see it. If people disagree with the plan sure, but there is a clear direction Idzik is heading. Paraphrasing Idzik, he wants to win today, tomorrow, and the next day and that's how he has approached building the team. He had his hiccups so far, but that slow, methodical approach relates to the phrase he said.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

We just added:

A top free agent WR
    A runningback coming of 6 straight 1000 yard seasons
    A 2nd round pass catching tight end

id hardly say we are ignoring offense

Br4d and Jets69 like this.
  8. jerseyjay14

a bigger bob sanders

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If the Seahawks win a couple more superbowls with him at QB they will have no choice but to vote him in to the HOF.

Br4d likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Minus the HGH.

11. jerseyjay14

gentle???

12. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Haha just watched the Day 1 Presser on the NYJ site, and Idzik likened himself to Nicholas Cage looks-wise. Cracked me up.

On a more related note, excited to have Pryor roaming the middle of the field putting the fear into opposing TEs and WRs. Nothing like a rangy hard hitter to make sure hands less sure. I like that he does it legally too.

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

That's fair. So ... 8 out of the last 10 Super Bowl teams had "in the conversation" HOF caliber QBs.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Anyone catch this dude's nickname? "The Louisville Slugger"

Haha that's badass.

15. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Just watched some videos (albeit Highlight videos) of this kid. Man.... All I could think is how much fun Rex will have deploring him all over the field.

The man can hit. He can play the deep CF role, he can play in the box, and he looked competent playing man-to-man as well. Rex will be able to put him all over the field and mix up his looks on defense to keep the other team guessing.

Beefing up the secondary, with the front-7 we have, this defense could be seriously fun to watch.

The 1985er likes this.
  16. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

It`s not a problem, but if the offense can`t score more than FGs, this team is going to suffer because no matter how great the D may look(on paper at the moment), they`ll simply wear down like they have season after season while REX has been here. Balance is a tough act to establish in this league, especially with the talent pool watered down as it is. I`ve noticed the last few years(10+), the league has suffered as far as talent goes. Could be a multitude of excuses, like kids not playing the game due to head injuries, not enough good talent due to having too many teams, etc... Aside from the cheating Patriots, there haven`t been any "Elite" teams to beat. That, to me, is because there just ain`t enough talent anymore with the exapnsion teams. I doubt any team is "really good" anymore. I see the trick is to just not suck as bad all the other teams. Was this past Seattle team really a "powerhouse" team? A team the rest need to beat? It`s not like the Steelers of old or the 49`ers. Even the Cowboys and Redskins aren`t as significant as they once were.

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Totally ignored offence! woody needs to take the drafting reins from Rex!

18. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

How you guys feel about durability issues with him i see a lot of bob sanders in this guy just hope he doesnt have that kind of problems.

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey Dias--who you liking Boyd?!? :D

_

20. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Good value there dont mind the pick but as you saw i wasnt far off from what teams tought of him lol he was a lucky man by rex son play in clemson , below average QB great person.