Welcome to the Jets Jalen Saunders

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ATL-JET, May 10, 2014.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

uhh yea, I have many posts on here in particular championing Nick Foles and I was widely disregarded as an idiot so you can laugh at my posts all you want

2. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Ellington isn't as good as you all are making him out to be..... There's a reason he was taken in the fourth........ Not the first like cooks.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

was just watching NFL network - this was Jamie Dukes' favourite pick of the 4th round and had some good things to say about it on the basis that this is a guy that can stretch the field.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Asked to describe reporting style, mentally diminutive ESPN's Rich Cimini said he's a cross between an ape and a border collie.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...york-jets-draft-jalen-saunders-and-shaq-evans

Sounds a lot like Andrew Hawkins to me. And I'm fine with that especially with this offense. Think about how fast we got with a healthy Kerley and the additions of CJ and now Saunders, assuming he pans out. It's something we sorely lacked.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I talked to my friends who is a Sooners fan. Said this guy is pretty good and he didnt have anyone good throwing to him.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He's gonna be an immediate contributor.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You don't?

Ok, here's what to do: pour yourself a nice pinot noir and enjoy Ellington "on another level."

jtrain, 'chill' …. the draft's over….we did ok.

Then there's the post-June 1st releases to consider as well:

One of the more complex phrases prevalently used this time of year is the Post June 1st release. I’ll do my best to explain this in layman’s terms as it most often applies to a player.

Real Example: The Cowboys recently released WR Miles Austin, designated him a Post June 1st Release. He carries $7,855,600 in total dead cap right now, $2,749,400 of which is allocated to the 2014 cap, $5,106,200 if which will accelerate to the Cowboys’ 2015 cap.

The first thing to note is that Austin is being released on March 12th, and being designated a June 1st release. Per the rules of the CBA each team has the option to designate two players per year in this manner. The catch here is that Austin’s current contract must stay completely active on the Cowboys’ books until June 2nd. This means his original $8,249,400 cap figure will remain on the Cowboys salary cap until this time.

One June 2nd, all Post June 1st Designations are properly allocated in this manner:

• Any bonus money allocated to the current year (2014) + any guaranteed salary throughout the remainder of the contract turns into 2014 dead money. In the case of Austin this includes the $2,749,400 in restructure bonuses.
    • Any bonus money allocated to the remaining years of the deal (2015+) are accelerated into 2015 dead money. In the case of Austin this means $5,106,200.

9. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Let's chill people...I think this kid adds a dynamic element we haven't had in a while...I
    believe he will turn out to be a steal!!

10. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Saunders is one player I like a lot. Immediate upgrade on ST. No more unnecessary fair catches and 2-yard punt returns.

But I think there's a good chance he would have still been there with our 2nd pick in the 4th like 10 spots later.

We could have taken Bruce Ellington before SF stole him and still gotten Saunders.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Why on earth would we want both of them?

12. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea it's like they read a draft magazine and think they're GM's who know all about the draft ... very humorous actually.

14. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Same kids who play Madden and think they can coach a team.

15. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I only saw the highlights, but i really like the cut of his jib, so to speak. Aside from the physical talent, he seems to keep his head up and have terrific awareness of where he is on the field. Very under-control and aware of his limitations and abilities. Also like his td celebration (flip the ball to the ref and move on, like he has been there before). Seems like a winning player.

16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

He's got this stop-and-go headfake that he uses several times in the video, and it often leaves the defender on the ground despite him being untouched. It also is so hard that it leaves Saunders on the ground at times, too.