Welcome to the Jets, DL IK Enemkpali

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, May 10, 2014.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Round 6, pick 210.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

He's small. Thought he might be converted to an OLB or something, but saw he runs the 40 in 5.0 seconds...

3. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

That's the scouting report.... Moving to OLB.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Hopefully he pans out. Might be a practice squad guy.

5. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

I haven't posted in forever but I have to ask (and forgive me for this somewhat loaded but sincere question). If we're going to pick a late-round tweener DE/OLB, isn't Michael Sam just a better football prospect? I guess teams, particularly the Jets this, year, can have different draft boards, but Sam might have been a steal at this point.

6. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Maybe Idzik wants to be the only gay guy in locker room.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think value is extremely relative. Different eyes and different teams see each player a little differently

8. cbman13

Sam, comes with baggage....... Right, Wrong or indifferent, he will turn a team into a circus.....

jetsons likes this.
  9. Penning10toColes

That's what I want to believe--Our WR first couple picks illustrate that. But I really don't know...I wonder if the Jets will be asked about it.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Good question. They must like these guys for other reasons, maybe they are good team players or something. Some of these later picks have me scratching my head. We could haveve picked up a good punter, which could help us consistently put opposing offenses is tough positions or maybe a fullback who could have instantly upgraded our run game. While these positions are considered low in importance, this is the 6th round after all.

11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Maybe we go punter in the 7th round. Tom Hornsey and Kirby Van Der Kemp are still there.

12. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

if he never said he was gay…. you wouldn't have logged in to ask or know who he was

13. Penning10toColes

Maybe. But he did. And I did.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Hope so, for a defensive team, punting is important and the past few years have been nauseating.

15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Actually, a lot of us knew who Michael Sam was even before he announced that he was gay.

16. cbman13

If your a football fan then you should know Sam for his play, not the fact that he's gay..... He had a hell of a year production wise lady year....

17. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

I hope we take Sam with our 7th round pick. Why? Sheldon Richardson said he was a great player, and a great guy. He was the dude's roommate. If Sheldon Richardson rooms with the guy, plays with the guy, and speaks highly of him, I'll take him on my team any day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-about-former-roommate-michael-sams-decision/

"He’s a killer."

Enough said.

We've been a circus for 5 years for a lot of the wrong reasons. Rex's mouth, Sanchez's Page 6 material, Tebow. I don't want to be a circus, but I think this would be for the right reasons. You aren't breaking new ground just for the sake of doing it, or just to make the papers by converting Tebow to FB or something...you're doing it because the man can play football and has earned that opportunity.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Kid has a good head on his shoulders and I love his motor...was the same reason I liked when we picked Richardson.
    I like High Motor players... Hope he sticks.

19. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Improved his times at his pro day and his power/ strength are impressive. Appears to me like a James Harrison/ Bart Scott type of pick. Sure, some warts in terms of fluid athleticism but could catch on. Steelers and Ravens have been very good at bringing in guys like this, who you don't hear much about for 3 years, and then they're pro-bowlers out of nowhere. Let's hope it pans out as a legit OLB replacement in a couple of years. "He's an overachieving guy, just a madman with an amazingly high motor. Just an animal on the field who's going to find his place and rush off the outside edge for you all game long." "strong, tenacious, tightly wound leverage-power rusher most ideally suited for a 3-4 outside linebacker role". Though small- school, La Tech plays some very legit competition every year with several games against SEC opponents-- so scouts and coaches also had access to relevant film against NFL- caliber talent-- aka Luke Joekel-- who he allegedly "gave fits". This is one of the most intriguing of the day 3 picks IMO.

20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I think people are underestimating this pick, move him to OLB, this guy will become beast like, one of my favorite picks!