Welcome to the Jets, Jace "The Hound" Amaro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, May 9, 2014.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have gotten long in the pass catching department. If you were ever going to have a group of receivers that might make Stephen Hill worth something it's these guys.

6'6", 6'5", 6'4", 6'3", that's a lot of height in the receivers. Then you have this 6'5" guy who runs a 4.4 40 split on the end and no chance anybody is using a safety over the top on him because the other guys are all mismatches elsewhere,

Axel3419 likes this.
  2. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

this x 100. Im not sure why no one is talking about this

3. Br4d

Because feeding the trolls just creates fat, flatulent trolls.

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Idzik: we want to move up from #49. How about we toss in a conditional 7th rounder in next year's draft?

Licht (Bucs GM): (click)

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Chicago Bears like. The best thing for a young QB are some huge targets that can box out and get the ball.

Br4d likes this.
  6. Br4d

The Jets weren't going to get a deal done with the Bucs this year. That franchise is still smarting from renting Revis at a huge price last year.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The guy is a playmaker. I was hoping we would get a more traditional TE and one who can block. Which isn't to say he can't block. He just doesn't have too much experience blocking. Marty hasn't really gone to tight ends as much as I think he should have. And he has more weapons this season with Chris Johnson, Decker, etc.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

He has blocking size so you have to imagine he can atleast improve in that area. It is a passing game though and I love the giant target with great cutting ability.

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I agree... iw as pissed with the pryor pick at first but mostly because i didnt know much about him, was high on clinton-dix, and REALLY wanted manziel.

either way, after researching him and watching some of his games from last year, i think he is a great fit. the 'louisville slugger' is a very fitting nickname. he really is like a bigger bob sanders

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I like the sound of the hound in the slot.

dudes just huge and has pretty good pass catching technique, its like getting an Evans at TE.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I can hear him now:

"Da kid was a betta fit faw da Giants. Now dat he's a Jet, I don't know how he's gonna do in dat system. Day don't use dare tight ends like da Giants do, so dis pick by da Jets is basically a wasted pick."

74, MaximusD163 and abyzmul like this.
  14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ill be honest, im no draft genius, but usually by the time the 2nd round rolls around the players names being drafted, I have NEVER heard of. The fact that I knew who Amaro was when we called his name is definately a positive in my book. I heard positive things about him and was aware that he was potentially the best TE in the draft. Its not like Stephen Hill, who I never really heard of, and then when he was drafted all I heard was how played in an offense that rarely passed the ball.

15. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Ive seen mocks that had Amaro going to either us or the Fins...at 18 and 19!

Im convinced if we didnt take him at 49 the Fins would've jumped on him at 50. I think that might've been the reason they traded out of that pick.

TE remains a huge hole for Miami.

16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

17. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

It's kind of appropriate that Jace has chosen #88 for his jersey number. Richard Caster wore number 88 back in the 70's for the Jets. In a lot of ways Caster was a precursor of today's TE's, he came in to the league as a WR But moved to TE for the Jets. He was a big guy (for the day) at 6'5 225. The biggest difference between today's TE's like Amaro and Caster was that Caster didn't have the most reliable hands, but when he caught the ball he was dynamic (3 seasons averaging 20+ yards per reception as a TE for the Jets, and that was in the pass unfriendly league in the 70's).

Hopefully Jace can be just as electric (but with much better hands).

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lol

Dude I think this is more accurate for the third and later rounds, not the second. You're telling me you didn't know who these guys were:

Marqise Lee
    Kyle Van-Noy
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    LaMarcus Joyner
    Derek Carr
    Jordan Matthews
    Cody Latimer
    Jimmy Goroppolo
    Jarvis Landry

I think you are referring more to the third and later rounds. The first and second round picks are usually players many people know or have heard of.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well ive heard of all em so clearly I was off.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lol yeah I figured. I think that is geared more towards the third round and beyond. That's when people are clueless lol