Welcome to the Jets, Dexter McDougle CB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, May 9, 2014.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Well considering this is year two of the Idzik era, I'll continue to be a little patient with his vision. Looks like it's panning out and shaping up to be something good. I think we are finally heading in the right direction, I think a consistent winner is well on the way.

So, bringing in winners and Jet type players, should get us to where we want to be. I'm behind it.

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Hope you're right. Hm, wonder if there's some more advanced stats on his 2012 season out there somewhere including stuff like number of times targeted and completions allowed?

3. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

What the hell just happened tonight?

Hey Johnny / Rex, here's a thought:

How about adding some players who can help score some fu-king points?

In your talent-based world view, you see dex mcdougle as more talented than all the other players left on the board including Philip gaines, dri archer, and donte moncrief?

There was a run on playmakers in round 2 and Idzik couldn't react because he takes a week and a half to get his "process" going....

#143 al_toon_88, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    tomdeb likes this.
  4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Not sure if you know I was joking. I could see why, though, based on posts by others in this thread.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

To answer your question since 2010, which I would consider the year they started assembling the core of their team, they've taken offense twice as much in rounds 1-3 than defense. (Some incredible drafts in 2010, 2011 and 2012 by the way)

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

OMG it's TOTALLY BPA!

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You sure do get annoyed easily. ALL fans are entitled to voice their opinions and not just the sunshiners who would agree and say "great job" regardless of who Idzik drafted. There hasn't been that much negative said at all.

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I just read the SI.Com article written Wednesday of this week on McDougle. They said he is a 6th rounder at best and may not even by drafted. A little early for the 3rd round, wouldn't you say? And you call me clueless? Your logic is ridiculous, i.e. because a team THINKS a guy will contribute, everyone is supposed to agree with the pick. Under your logic no team in the NFL has EVER made a bad pick, because obviously every player they draft they believe will make it. And you call me clueless?

74 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Idzik will win at some point in the future. Odds are with him on that. Idzik is walking a marathon one step at a time. I don't think Jet type players are necessarily "winners" because I've seen no such evidence that the Jets are "winners" in the modern era. We do find inventive ways to lose and choke in big games though and if that's the definition of a "Jet type" player, there's plenty of evidence to support that. Sadly, there's not a lot of evidence to the contrary.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

nice post

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's nice that he can block. Maybe he can switch to an offensive lineman.

I tend to like receivers that can run routes and catch the football. Saying he can block well is like saying my car doesn't run but its got a nice radio

Lon Chaney likes this.
  12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

They played Notre Dame in 2011 and absolutely embarrassed themselves, especially on defense.

13. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

uh.... not sure we're on the same page. maybe i should have added a :rolleyes: at the end?

14. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Scooter accident in 2010, and hurt his shoulder last year.

and he's injury prone? lol.

Solid talent, Jets have some great team doctors ala Milliner's shoulder and Landry.

Altoona likes this.
  15. Cman68

I kinda thought you were being sarcastic.. :)

16. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I really don't know what to expect. Whether you're a darksider or a sunshiner, the fact is this guy is a New York Jet. I'm not going to argue if this is a good pick or not because really at this point it's irrelevant. We'll see for sure once he starts to play.

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Calvin Pryor fully endorses and is very excited about this pick so im cool with it.

18. Cman68

At the end of the day, it is what it is with this team and you can either accept its philosophy or not. This is not a offense centric team. Not in the Ryan era. That's not gonna change. Just learn to deal with it and make life simpler.

19. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

well wheres the fun in that?

without a back and forth what are we supposed to do till august? mildly agree with each other. BOR-ING. :p

20. deeznuts21

deeznuts21 Member

WELCOME DEXTER!!! I have to agree with those whose views are that the JETS Draft Room might just barely have more information on these players than we do .. Especially if you are someone that replied to this pick by saying, "WHO?!"

Only those in the JETS Draft Room hold a copy of the 2014 JETS Draft Bible and only those in that room ultimately know the plans in store for personnel to be selected in and after the draft. But one thing we all know is that we HAVE 9 REMAINING PICKS LEFT .. AND there is plenty of TALENT LEFT at our need positions!

We made no moves whatsoever ( at least we will not know if we tried to make moves until after the draft .. if then) and That could be the result of our player draft board values. If we had McDougle ahead of other corners/players then according to our War Room it was not a reach but a consensus selection that was best for the team. So Patience fellow Jets fans and you wanna be GM's or Scouts .. let's see how these players turn out!

Altoona, The 1985er, Windeos and 4 others like this.