What Would The Jets Have To Do To Make You Abandon Them

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GrifinMil, Mar 30, 2014.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree with you completely. woody did blow it. he had such a hard on for one thing that he went full tunnel vision on it. who was the guy who was in charge of the whole new stadium thing. id like to punch him in his taint too.

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

If they became the Boston Jets.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

If they moved to CA and became the Torrance 'n Jets.

I'd never cum to their games ; - )

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Somehow, the LA Jets has a certain "it" factor to it..

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

You are prob not going to find what it takes not to be a jets fan anymore on board filled with jets fans the people who jumped ship because of vick arent going to be around this board because they are done. I seem to be still coming around but no way no chance I can root for vick

6. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

the only reason Woody agreed to signing Vick is he has hopes he can seel more PSLs. That was the whole Tebow idea. Keep the circus in the big top and somehow people will buy it. (not necessarily go in for PSls, but gameday tickets at the very least). Woody just sucks at this being an NFL owner thing. He purchased a team that consistently sold out no matter how shitty they were/are/will be, and turned them into a team who can`t sell out anymore. Well at the current prices no one is going to jump in head first anymore. Years ago the Jets were a cheap ticket even for those scalping. Today, a lot of fans stay home. It`s cheaper, more comfortable and a better experience without going there to experience it.

7. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I went to Vero Beach several times. One time I sat next to an LA DODGER fan. He found out I was a BROOKLYN DODGER fan and started breaking my chops. It was fine until I broke his nose. Dodger blue runs deep in Brooklyn Dodger fans! I was sickened to see in the gift shop at Dodgertown, they were selling more BROOKLYN DODGER t-shirts and hats then LA!

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is such a pathetic thread. It has over tones of "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm going to eat some worms."

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am not sure - but it sure is getting close. I definitely care a lot less about them than I did 10 years ago.
    I have been a Jets fan for about 40 years, Had season tickets at Shea as a kid and I was a STH as an adult for about 10 years until the PSL came along. I am still pissed at Woody for not having any other option than joining up with the Giants, I was in favor of the WSS, but there should have been a better plan "B".
    Haven't agreed with the Favre, then Tebow and now Vick signings -- team just continues down the same stupid path over and over again.

I don't think I can ever truly abandon them, but living in NC, I am starting to root for the Panthers equally..

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

You hope he gets hurt? Wow.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Vick is one player that you don't really need to hope gets injured, it's pretty much just a matter of when and how.

12. sheajetgirl

sheajetgirl New Member

After 35 years and gray hair....Nothing!!!

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

If they take Amaro @18, that could push me over the edge.

14. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

you people are all saying things like "if they take this guy, or that guy, or move, or change colors". What about them taking your your hard earned money and giving you nothing but fuckin heartache after heartache year after year? Giving you the shittiest 1.6 billion dollar stadium ever built by mankind in the hiostory of the world? Bringing in the douchiest players a team can just to sell PSLs? Bending over so the Giants can penetrate deeper than ever before?

C`mon people, look at the big fuckin picture and decipher. They`re taking you all for all you got, or at least willing to give. Woody don`t give a fat rats ass if this franchise wins ever again. He wants pocket money and the sad thing is, he seems to be getting it from you all.

I was ok with giving my money to Leon. He sucked too as an owner but he tried to win and tried to get us fans a better deal. And the Jets were one of the best, if not the best, NFL deal around for quite some time. The Jets went from the cheapest NFL ticket around to one of the most expensive and still NOTHING in return. It`s gonna be like this for the foreseeable future. Keep supporting financially, and this 46 year rebuild fiasco will eventually be a 50 year old rebuild fiasco and so on.

Just stop throwing money their way and enjoy them at the cheapest cost possible(get out now if you are a PSL owner and watch at home for the minimal cable costs).

15. abyzmul

Rinse, Repeat.

16. abyzmul

Do you even realize that your posts, in their volume and frequency, sound like lunacy? And I'm not even calling you a lunatic. I haven't spent a cent on the Jets in close to a decade, and I have seen some merit to your posts, but they don't penetrate because you are acting belligerent and people disregard that behavior.

Honest question: Did you stop buying season tickets because somebody yelled in your face about it? Or because you came to the conclusion, by yourself, that you were being fucked?

17. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

well, making 82 posts since 2012 really can`t be considered as "volume and frequency". Might sound like lunacy if you hear it that way? I`m very happy you haven`t spent a cent on them in over a decade. I wished I had been smarter earlier, or not such a stubborn "lunatic" fan for as long as I was. Maybe I should find another way to, as you say, penetrate those fans who can`t see the hosing they`re getting. I just hope that some of my "lunatic posts", as others may find them to be, get through to even just one fan. I don`t see anything posted on the internet anywhere as "belligerent". I don`t pay much attention to what others think about my posts or any posts on sports forums. It`s all a vendetta from me against this franchise for going in the direction they went. For the time being, I`m just trying to help those frustrated see the light and with some hope eventually stop financially supporting this franchise. In all honesty, the best thing for the Jets to do would be to move the franchise to LA and start over. Thats just my opinion.

as far as your honest question? Both. My wife and kids were concerned about many things(physical health, mental health, etc)when I would come home from a Jets game. As far as getting fucked as you say? If I`m gonna get fucked by the Jets, it better be on the cheap end. LOL The way they fuck now is outta my league. :)

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Where did you get that backwards apostrophe?

You're from France, aren't you?

_

19. abyzmul

Maybe I should have been more specific about volume and frequency. When you shotgun posts on one single subject and make them 9 paragraphs apiece, that's noticeable. But I'm not going to take exception to your message because you feel strongly about it and it's your right under the rules of this forum to share it

20. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Favre and Tebow were in the same vein of basically splash guys the media could hype for them. I'm less convinced it was so much Woody but Tannenbaum trying to make Woody happy, but he was a true cap guy and didn't get the true ramifications of what he was putting on the football field. I think Idzik is more tuned to what it actually is he is providing his coaches to work with, and Vick is far more a football move than Favre or Tebow. That's just how it seems to me.