Sunday Ticket- Is there any other way for an Out of state Jet Fan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 26, 2006.

1. sect105

sect105 New Member

300 bucks???? I pay 199 split with someone else (see my post above). Listening to Football on the radio just isn't the same unless you are a cab driver or trucker.

2. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

I paid less that $200 for Sunday Ticket and as a regular subscriber I got an additional $20 off.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't want to hear anyone bellyaching over $300. Try $3804 for 4 tickets in the Mezzanine for 10 games! And 2 of those games are preseason. The FO is killing us in the Mezz section.

4. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

:rofl: Gus, now I have to clean Pepsi off of my monitor! :rofl:

I have Direct Tv also. Wouldn't be without it. Even in Central Pa, the CBS station splits the games between the Ravens and the Steelers and Fox, Eagles and Redskins. I got it to watch the JETS but the hubby can watch the Steelers when they're showing the Ravens instead.

$199 this year. Best spent money..ever IMO

#24 Pam, Sep 27, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  5. sect105

sect105 New Member

Yeah I got the same deal!! It automatically updates every year at the special price.

I do the Ticket and have three season tix as well, plus parking at the game food, drink etc. I need a second Job just to support my Jets/Football habit.

6. bamjets

bamjets New Member

What part of Indy are you in? I just moved out to Fishers/Noblesville a few months ago. I didn't realize how much I hated the Colts until I moved out here. My cousin played for them in the mid-90s so I kinda followed them back then but it wasn't hard to start hating them once he quit playing.

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I'm a Jet fan in Indy. This is my first season I've been away from home, and I thought it was going to be a ot worse than it is. I don't have the cash to go and run up a tab at sports bars, so instead I ordered NFL Field Pass, and it's been all gravy since then. Once week 4 is over, I will have listened to 2 games on the radio, and watched 2 on TV. It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and the Jets radio guys Wischusen and Lyons, are much better to listen to than most of the CBS TV personalities...

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I live in the Jet market and would never ever be without my sinday ticket.....if you cant afford it that sucks, but if you can and you dont have it, youre not a football fan, period

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Sunday Ticket is the best solution for out of state fans....i remember only getting about 2 or 3 Jet games a year when i didnt have it...ive had it for about 8 or so years and it rocks

10. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Direct TV is a Godsend. I live in DC and did the sports bar thing also. Quite frankly the math was easy and at that time the package was 159 or 169, so I was getting the games for about ten bucks a week. Can't beat it If I recall the ticket is about 229. which is still only about 14 bucks a game, still a better deal then going to the bar.

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

Impressive. I have 4 Season Tickets so could never justify the cost of the package for just half the year. Plus to be honest, unlike most people here, I still prefer cable...

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Another Central Ohio Jet Fan, I live 2 miles from Damon's in Gahanna. I swear by NFL Sunday Ticket. Watching the game in the comfort of my own home can't be beat.

Before I had Sunday Ticket I would go to....Rush Creek, Westerville...Saturdays, Powell or Damons in Gahanna. I usually would have to sit at the bar at Damons to get the Jet game, rarely it would be on one of the big screens.

You guys notice the Browns and Steeler fans are very quite around here lately.

13. Goombah

Goombah New Member

Memphis, TN Jet fan here. Fortunately this weekends game will be televised locally, but in a pinch I go to WEPN online and listen to the game while working out or shooting pool.

14. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

For Direct TV users who dont want the ticket- I wonder if you can you still petition for the east and west coast feeds for the networks. When I lived in NM, we were in an area underserved by local networks, so they gave us CBS, Fox and NBC East & West. For a fraction of the price of the ticket, I get all Jets games. Might be worth a shot. Once you have it, you can keep it, even if you move!!!!

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

To answer your question CMan.. No there is no other way. Sunday Tickets rules, it just sucks that it is exclusive to Direct TV.