So....Damned...Close...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

That's cool! :mad:

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So exactly what R U mad about? In my case it is 45 years of winning nothing:mad:

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Call it semantics, but it's not like we've won "nothing," we just haven't won everything. In the meantime we've had winning moments, e.g. Al Toon catching that last minute game-winning TD pass against the Giants and sticking it to them by knocking them out of the playoffs. Our fairly recent playoff runs, esp. at NE.....alas, the chances of that ever happening have gone up in smoke now that El Aguila Mexicana has gone to 'less-$-greener pastures' down in Philadelphia. ; -0

Only 45 years.....patience Weedhopper : )

The 1985er likes this.
  5. The 1985er

We've won playoff games and division titles. We're not the Steelers/Cowboys/Packers/Patriots but we've had our moments.

6. championjets69

IMHO U R 100% INCORRECT. U played the season to win CHAMPIONSHIPs nothing more & nothing less which means I DONOT accept your gobblygook concerning "moments". Having enjoyed the aftermath of SB3 I can tell U 1st hand that anything less then that is just a big old smelly fart. BTW tell us how many home championship games have U seen the NYJs play it? :mad:

Over & Out likes this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Lol he's making fun of you for your over use of the angry emoticon. If you're as angry as often as your posts imply, you might want to get your blood pressure checked stat.

8. championjets69

Tks 4 ur concern which I sure U could care less about. I check my blood pressure daily as well as go to a gym every day :mad:

9. championjets69

Did he tell U that? If not then that is sheer BS on your part:mad:

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I like angry champ better than sad champ.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

If the progression is from sad to angry, what's the next phase?

12. The 1985er

Championships are what teams play for I get that. But you're acting as if the team haven't been to playoffs since 1969. They've had some level of success in 45 years.

championjets69 likes this.
  13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I still remember that pass like it was yesterday. Before that EVERYTHING went our way in the 1st half. Sanchez avoided the Freeney sack and throws an 80 yd bomb to Braylon, the Brad Smith gadget pass play, Sanchez getting annihilated on the Keller TD, the Jimmy Leonhard forced fumble. And then that pass just took the wind out of our sails. Never recovered.

14. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

This was only a couple of years ago. 1998 hurt more to me as I was a 18 year old kid then and that team was a very good team. The real kick in the balls came the next season on opening day when Vinny tore his Achilles and we had to play Tom Tupa and Rick Mirer at qb. The Jets would have been the best team in football that year. The window closed pretty quickly after that. The Rex Ryan Jets that went to back-to-back AFC championship games weren't as good as the late 90's teams.

15. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

this is the problem with current Jets fans. They are simply happy if they just beat the Patriots and Dolphins. Thats "their" Super Bowl victories every year.

I have found that sort of fandom ignorant to what this franchise embezzles from the fans. You guys, and gals, simply don`t see what they are doing. It`s the way the entire NFL is now. They just keep taking and taking and taking from the fans and aren`t giving any satisfaction back, as little as it may be in real life. You need to ask yourselves just how important it truly is for your favorite team win it all. And what is it you really get back for all the support you give them, be it financial, verbal or whatever. The only you thing you really get is price increases for anything/everything the next season. Oh, you also get to go out and SPEND MORE MONEY on those dumbass Modell`s shirts & hats that say, HAHA, My team won you stupid douchebags who aren`t on my side. Really now. No one gives a flying @#$% if your team wins. Does anyone, and I mean ANYONE here care that the Seahawks won last year? Maybe for about a week after people talked about it. Other than that week, no one gives a shit. Jets fans are getting reamed by the franchise and the NFL. You guys keep supporting financially no matter what and the Jets and NFL love it. Keep throwing money in the pot, and these days it`s pretty big money too. I don`t find it funny anymore. Years ago the Jets were a cheap ticket to get. Thats no longer. They are a very expensive ticket now and you get nothing for it. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but, it seems the teams who have been around much longer(Giants, Steelers, Packers, 49`ers, Bears, Colts etc)always seem to be in the running. I believe the NFL has it all fixed. Looks as if the owners who are "in the fold" and the teams with a great following(which the Jets do not have imo)are always in the hunt for the trophy. Just something I`ve noticed over the years and years. The Redskins were one of those teams but they have a douchebag owner who no one likes at all so they haven`t been anywhere lately. Woody is not liked as much as the Maras and Jones`. It might be a stretch but I see how the games are manipulated these days by instant replays and terrible calls. Without a doubt the games are definitely influenced by the league. I may be out in left field somewhere but at least the Jets/NFL aren`t getting my money anymore, aside from whatever they get from my cable donations.

16. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I grew up as a season ticket holder. My grandpa had season tickets ever since the Jets became the Jets. We had box seats in Shea. 40 yard line lower deck seats at Giants stadium. We had 20 tickets at one point. They did ruin it for us with the new stadium. Our original seats had $20,000 PSL's per seat. At the time, we still had 12 seats. That would have cost us $240,000. That is ridiculous. My dad and I ended up getting upper level seats with no PSL's for the same price per ticket as our old 40 yard line lower level seats. We did that for 1 season, and then decided it was better to watch it on TV. On top of that, their parking policy was that if you didn't have a PSL seat, you had to park in the deck, which eliminates tailgating. So take away the tailgating, take away most of my family that used to all go to the games... it just wasn't nearly as fun.

I dislike Metlife stadium. It's boring and quiet. Football is better on my 60" tv.

Over & Out likes this.
  17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Acceptance.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oops.

#118 Ralebird, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get you.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we had a lot more injuries than just the QB in 1999, I don't think we would have been the best but we would have had a chance to make a SB.

the funny thing about that opener was we were winning w/ Tupa at QB and blew it when Mirer threw an INT in the 4th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.