What Would The Jets Have To Do To Make You Abandon Them

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GrifinMil, Mar 30, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Would I still be a fan? Absolutely not.

2. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

you should ask this to pats fans. they simply would say if they didn't make the playoffs they would stop being fans.

NY Jets68 and Bill Belichdouche like this.
  3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I have been a fan since I was 9 years old. Been through the worst of times and the best of times (minus a SB victory). Would not change it and would never quit on this team. They will return to the promise land and when they do it is going to be so sweet.
    J!-E!-T!-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! Forever! Woot!

5. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Well my father actually abandoned them a while back because he thought he was going to have a heart attack watching them, which is a good point.

For me it would be if they relocated. They would be dead to me.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Damn. It's sad to see so many folks more loyal to an area of land mass than to the team itself.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Went over your head...lol ;)

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

how about draft another CB in the first round this year ;0)

9. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Ha, no I got it about 2 seconds after I clicked submit

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Again, and I expect you agree, the fact that the Jets ended up where they are today does not mean the WSS was a good idea. There were other alternatives. The fact that Woody was all in on the WSS, did not explore other options, and was left with no other option when the WSS blew up than to go with the Giants is one of the main reasons I hate him so much.

Woody's was a classic case of someone who was too in love with the deal to see that it was not only a bad deal, but was not going to happen. Still he kept pushing it, was solely focused on it, and did not understand or care to listen to the arguments against it. Bloomberg was his partner there, but he was looking at the larger picture of bringing the Olympics to NY, which btw I also thought was a purely awful idea. The whole thing was just a bad idea that was not going to happen.

It's on Woody.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

Thanks. I needed that.

12. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

I think the loyalty is unwavering if the team is loyal to the fans by not leaving for a new fan base.

Charlie Kelly and The 1985er like this.
  13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't just stop following them. But I bet I would try to keep up and eventually feel no connection to them. They aren't the New York team I chose and they aren't the Jets. I would drift to being a bitter casual NFL fan waiting for NY to get another franchise that I would probably try to follow and keep up with.

14. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

It would be if they relocated for sure.

I'd probably be a Chargers fan after that just so I could continue the pain.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yeah but at the same time don't you inwardly laugh at e.g. someone with a "Dallas Cowboys" New York State license plate holder or some guy wearing his 'nfl authentic' Dallas Cowboy jacket? ....(the front-runner factor aside)

16. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

nothing. I can't imagine.

17. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

With all due respect brutha' Barcs-beer, it's not so much "loyalty to the land mass" folks are concerned with but for a team that can maintain the respect for it's original lineage along with continuity & the recognition of it's history if it ever undergoes a geographical re-location/name change.

Just analyze the Bklyn/lA Dodgers move. Most Bklyn D's fans were p#ssed off with some continuing to follow & root for them. With the realization of the D's appealing more to the LA fan base forgoing it's Bklyn roots , Bk D fans eventually moved on to the Met's (or Yankees) & lost all luv for a team that showed no luv back.

You would experience that same pain if the Jet's were to relocate to another part of this country. Especially when you realize that it would not only be cost-prohibitive to attend a home game, but how they just upped & left you
    to a new locale for more $$$!

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'll always be a Jet fan, but that doesn't mean I'm always a fan of every Jet player. Vick is a scumbag. I'm hoping he gets hurt in training camp - not that unlikely given his long history of injuries. Let him take his $5 million and retire to the dog fighting camps of Hatii. I'm hoping that I'll be rooting for Geno and the Jets all the way to the Superbowl.

19. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Actually, North Dakota would be one of the locations where I wouldn't still mind rooting for the Jets. If they moved to LA there is no way I could root for them, for example, but certain cities that are more low-key (Salt Lake City Jets, lol) I wouldn't mind. However, if they change the name of the team, forget it, it's not the same team anymore. Did Browns fans start rooting for the Ravens? Ha! Doubt it. There would be so much bitterness involved in a move of this franchise. So basically it would take re-location to certain places, or a name change, because then it is just not the same team anymore. Not worried though, because none of this will ever happen.