AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

If you want to bitch about stupidity on a TV series, go watch The Following. Never seen a dumber bunch of cops, FBI agents, sheriffs and special task force folks.

Don't know how many times they've set up a perimeter other than to leave the one back road open or leave the one back door unguarded or how many times just ONE good guy goes into a basement/warehouse/building to chase the bad guy alone.

_

2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode and saw the worst acting and writing I have ever seen for a show that was hyped that much and couldn't watch anymore. I pity you for having suck it out so long. And I actually like Kevin Bacon

3. JStokes

Oh I tried to stop but my GF sneaks it on every once in a while. Putrid acting, awful writing. Bacon is the only redeeming thing about the show.

I'll watch it and mock it the whole time. It's my only choice. She watches a lot of sports for me so it evens out.

_

4. Charlie Kelly

Yeah well your woman is a better sport than mine. We started watching Person of Interest a few years ago which started as a decent show but now it is trash. She looks at me last night about halfway through watching it (dvr'd) and she's like What's wrong? I pause it and go on a rant about how the writing sucks now and that they completely changed the focus of the show and that the acting became fucking awful and now I am in the doghouse.

But at least I don't have to watch that shitty show anymore

5. JStokes

Sorry to hear that. You should just take her to a Broadway musical to make it up to her :D

_

6. Charlie Kelly

I live outside of Dallas, it's not an option. Next time we're back east we will though, my mother is a musical addict.

But anyway.

Zombies

7. JStokes

Was kidding. Hate musicals, but my brother lives in Carrolton.

Yeah, finale is going to be sick.

_

8. Charlie Kelly

Musicals are great man, maybe you haven't been to the right one. Not sure I ever heard of Carrolton.

9. JStokes

Just North of Dallas.

I've seen a bunch, just not a fan. Probably the most enjoyable I've seen is a revival of Jesus Christ Superstar a few years ago.

Hated Wicked and How to Succeed, Les Miz bored me and almost lit myself on fire during Chicago. And I left Rent mumbling "get a fucking job and they won't take your apartment".

_

10. Charlie Kelly

Ah man its in Denton Co. I don't know the area. Musicals... acquired taste I guess. I saw my first as a teenager and a hot woman was topless for an entire act and I was sold.

Anyway. Zombies

11. JStokes

No, it's Carrollton Texas. 15 mins north of Dallas. I've BEEN there :D

_

12. Charlie Kelly

Denton county, yeah, north of Dallas

13. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Fair point... but if we're in a apocalyptic zombie world together and you pick a Kia, crowbar and knife, over the armored Humvee's, M16's and .50 cal's, I'm leaving your ass behind. :)

I think the writers could do better with creative ingenuity, it can't be that hard outsmarting a brainless population.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You don't appear to understand basic logic about anything. You are generalizing my entire outlook on life to single statement about a hypothetical situation. "Durrr, this guy must be a got-danged communist! I KNEWS IT!" Bravo, sir.

The depth of intellect in your posts is amazing. Thanks for contributing so greatly to this forum!

#1454 Barcs, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  15. Charlie Kelly

No I'm actually basing my opinion on many posts from you and I'm as correct as it gets and your angry response is just validation. You are just a terrible Walking Dead fan and you embarrass all of us real Walking Dead fans

16. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

What an awful awful season. These writers are milking this show for everything it's got. We learned absolutely nothing these last 8 episodes. They went from the prison to terminus. And to top it off they end it with a cliff hanger. Now we have to wait months and months to lean their fate. These writers are assholes.

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the season as a whole and I am glad that everyone (more or less) is back together...but that ending kinda sucked. I think they were setting it up so the start of next season will be really good with a lot if things to happen, but was generally underwhelmed by the last few minutes.

Even Rick's line about them feeling stupid when they realise...I was like: did he sneak in a gun somehow? Does he have a secret plan? Did he see someone in the crowd that he recognized (Beth? Carol?) that he knows will break them out? Did he somehow plant a bomb or something? Nope. Nothing of any real magnitude.

18. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Are you really that surprised that they ended with a cliffhanger? That's pretty standard for season finales.

19. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

For the walking dead sure.. Not other shows

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't know why I watch this show anymore. Absolutely horrible on all counts.