Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

If Full Metal Jacket were a Canadian War Film.

_

jaywayne12 likes this.
  2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You guys finally found me. Cat/bag.

Thats great. Oh...Poconos will get back end snow on Sunday night/Monday...and some areas will see flakes flying. Nothing to take serious..but if I didnt post the snow, would have heard about it.

ENJOY THE RAIN...because its going to puke rain for the next 48 hours especially tonight..and then tomorrow night, get the video cameras out because you might see some huge flakes mixing in...AGAIN..nothing to write home about but still rare for this time of the season.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'd love the warm rain over the low 30s and overcast in Canada. Sounds like it's going to be a fun drive home tomorrow.

4. wexy

wexy Member

My birthday was last Wednesday and as a kid my parents told me that I was a pain and I arrived prematurely during the snow in 1956.
    So I looked up NYC weather 1956 the other day and it was 13 degrees the day Mom went in to the hospitall and there was 23.5 inches of snow from 3/16 to 4/13.
    The most snow that late in the year ever. So they weren't kidding me

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I know this is off topic but I have been a huge fan of Zdzisław Beksiński for years and I got depressed for a time after I found out how he died. Ups for that profile picture man

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Didn't realize that the rain turned into sleet while near Scranton on the way home yesterday. Spun out on the PA turnpike and cracked my right rear fender.

7. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Thanks man. He really was a tremendously gifted and unique artist and certainly didnt deserve to go out like he did.

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Central Connecticut turned out to get a decent amount of snow this morning

Came out of nowhere

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We got 3" here in York, PA. Heavy wet stuff too. Good thing its nice and warm today and its melting with the quickness. Jay? You gotta stop this shit man. Its almost April!!!

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Jay, waited till the fuckin' snow was finally over to post here, thanks for the hard work, its much appreciated, but you have to do better next year, this winter sucked...hahaha...LGR!!!!

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey Jay, what's the deal with Boston tomorrow? Heading up tomorrow am for the Red Sox opener, saw rain in the forecast but now I see it's not coming till night time. Are we going to get the game in? 2:00 start so I guess it'll be done by 5:30?

Btw, it rained pretty much all saturday and sunday in Newport. And flash flooding all over Narragansett and Wakefield on Sunday.

_

12. jaywayne12

tough one last night MR...how many times we have to get battered in the last minute!....still..we are safe.

13. jaywayne12

sorry JS..not checking in much..rain..lol...its going to rain until Saturday for everyone but then clearing.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I miss the snow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

15. jaywayne12

lol...well cbg...it is snowing in Montana?

Ok...3 quick things. El Nino has kicked in big time which means the forecast for hurricanes being below normal is LIKELY. Good news for the southeast coast.

Second thing is the great weather this weekend with 70s and maybe 80...but big tstorms come through Monday and much cooler temps for next week.

Third thing...and Im really looking forward to this is the the Blood Moon eclipse Tuesday....will provide a link to read about it...4 in total over the next 8 months.

LINK: http://www.weather.com/news/science/blood-moon-total-lunar-eclipse-coming-soon-20140409

Some believe the 4 blood moons are the signal for the end of the world. I believe this is the 4th time this has happened in the last 2000 years. It also is one of the last times it will ever happen...read the article and Im not sure if it explains why but can do some research on it.

Last thing....ski season is over? Nope...116" of snow still in Deer Valley, Utah with 98% of slopes still open.

Hope everyone is doing great and a quick look at next years winter? El Nino backing off..not at full strength is something to keep an eye on for next winter. Models and forecasters love El Nino...where it should snow..it snows...lets see.

#7075 jaywayne12, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

Reading your weather posts is like reading a great novel. Now that winter is over, we will be without your weather posts. Find something else and start writing about that please. You are the man

17. jaywayne12

Hey Brook....great seeing you bud..was going to send you a pm to make sure you are ok. Thanks very much bud.

I was coming on here to post a quick weather note and saw your post....REAL QUICK..AND PROBABLY NOTHING...but I mentioned above how it gets cold next week. The Euro models are suggesting that the cold front that comes through on Tuesday/Tuesday night might have the showers and rain turn to something frozen. Some of the ensembles show even more then that. AGAIN...could be having a tough time transitioning from winter to spring but it will get cold next week.

If I see anything interesting, will post!

Brook! likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Frozen precip,,? That's priceless,,,,,,keep me coming Jay

19. jaywayne12

enjoy the weather today guys and gals because big changes coming.

Temps should begin to drop big time ahead of a cold front tomorrow that will produce heavy rain at times and very very gusty winds (gusts over 50). Now, for some areas, the rain will possibly change to sleet and snow briefly before ending late Tuesday night/very early Wednesday morning with some areas getting around an inch of frozen precip. Sussex county NJ along with the poconos have the best chance to see accumulations of an inch but many will probably, at least, see snow flying for the last time this year.

Temps will remain below normal for the rest of the week with lows near or below freezing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights before a SLIGHT modifying of temps takes place over the weekend when highs get to upper 50s and lows in the lower 40s.

20. jaywayne12