PETA: For people who were against signing Vick (Your Opinion)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 21, 2014.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Stop with the false outrage. He was comparing their culpability, not saying that humans are the same as dogs. Here we go again with people intentionally missing the point so they can go "holy shit!!! look how stupid this guy is he compared genocide to animal abuse" rather than argue the point

2. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I am going to buy a Vick Jersey and go wear it at the local dog park, lol!

Come on guys, lighten up.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy a Vick jersey and wear it when I go volunteer at the animal shelter

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Why assume when you can read what I've written to contradict that? Wow.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

First, I have to say I'm a huge animal lover. The way I see it, is that everybody makes mistakes. I've done plenty of things in my life that I wish I could take back. I've been in bad places and hurt people that I loved. When I think back, there's nothing I wouldn't do to get a "re-do". Unfortunately, in reality that is impossible, so the only real way to make up for it is to change your life, and do good deeds. Vick is the same way. He's turned his life around, and done tons for charity since it happened. I know a lot of Jets fans have elephant memory, but that doesn't mean you can't forgive. You can't change the past, so holding something like that against somebody forever is a bad philosophy. People can change. Redemption is possible. Drug addicts do indeed recover. Would you do the same thing to a recovered drug addict and act like he's still using? The activities stopped, and that's all that really matters.

Dogs certainly aren't humans, but humans certainly are animals. Some food for thought.

6. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'm a dog owner. Hate what Vick did. I do think he paid his debt to society and am glad to see him come back a much better person. At the same time everybody is entitled to think what they want to think about Vick. I'd say that being the object of some people's hatred is part of the consequences of his actions. He'll have to live with it the rest of his life. His family will have to live with it too. I can't equate him with people like Manson and Bundy, though. I don't think taking an animal's life deserves equal punishment as taking a human life. I ask the OP: is there anything Vick could do to earn your forgiveness?

7. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

More now than ever

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I know that's a joke, but I'd trust a cat or dog over quite a bit of humans these days.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yep, that's a terrible comparison. A better one would be, "Would you let Michael Vick take your dog for a walk?"

None of us know Vick, we can't pass judgement on his character, or his redemption, only his play on the field. You guys need to stop pretending you know the man, and think about MV for who he is to US. He's a 1 year rental to try to make the Jets a better team in the longterm, by helping us win games this year and teach Geno for next year.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

MichaelVick,Canine?

11. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Why oh why did I stay away from here for so long!? [​IMG]

And to actually add my 2 cents... I hate the signing. The dog thing sucks, but so does the fact that Vick is held together with duct tape. But as other's have said, in a league of murderers, rapists, wife-beaters, and thugs, hating on one guy because doggies are cute is a little silly.