Pennington on WFAN now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jamesAngleton, Sep 26, 2006.

1. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

Talking about his rehab right now

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Fill me in.

3. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

He had a great relationship w/ Herm but reports of him having it easy under Herm were not true

He learned alot from Mangini

Said Mangini is not always on your back. Barks at you when needed and knows when to give you praise and space

He enjoyed the competition because it put the fire back in him and the anxiety in his stomach drove him

Mangini taught him new fundamentals

D-Brick & Mangold do not have the rookie look in their eyes

Chris Baker is an awesome blocker

Talking about a new movie coming out about Marshall college staring Matthew Mcoughnehey

Loves throwing to Cotchery and starting to develop a better relationship with him

4. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

damn. I just came in at the end. ANything interesting?

5. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

cool, thanks for the breakdown. I like C. Baker.

6. www.mikefrancesa.com

Here is Mike Francesa?s question to Jets QB Chad Pennington

Mike Francesa: Did it annoy you, not just the fact of winning your job back, the idea that uhhh, that history has you know looked at the Edwards era that Chad kind of ran the franchise, did you have problems with the depiction that Chad was running the franchise?

End transcript

Is Mike Francesa serious? How can he possibly ask that question when Mike and the Mad Dog were some of the leaders in depicting that Chad was running the franchise. Any Jets fan who listens to the show knows on numerous occassions Mike Francesa and Chris Russo would lambast Chad for his quotes in support of the offensive coordinator Paul Hackett. They would say he needs to pipe down, he has only been the quarterback for 2 or 3 years and acts like he runs the team. They would say that somebody needs to reign him in and that Chad has too much power in the organization.

Yet Francesa has the ego to ask him that question without implicating himself in that. In my opinion Mr. Fatcessa you are a hypocrite.

7. NEJets

NEJets Member

Chad is the king.

I really wish he stays healthy for a few more years. If he does, we are not far from SB after filling a few holes on D.

8. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

9. herdgirl410

herdgirl410 New Member

Cannot wait to see the movie!!! The trailor looks awesome and considering it is about my little 'ole University is even better!

GO JETS!!!
    GO HERD!!!

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Nice to hear Chad likes Mangini. It's cool to hear that Chad loves throwing to Cotchery.

11. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

yea, good hearing chad likes playing with cotch, its obvious he already has that relationship with coles, and once him and cotch get on that same page, we'll be golden

i dont want chad to get jake delhomme syndrome and only be able to succeed with one receiver, so its nice to hear...now where is the brad smith love?

12. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

whats the movie about?

13. crutchfield

crutchfield Member

I think it's about a plane crash that killed a number of players on the Marshall team.

14. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Almost right. All 75 people on the charter died. Three players did not make the trip; except for them, the entire team was gone in the blink of an eye. It also killed the entire coaching staff, save for one assistant on a recruiting visit.

It brings back some pretty bad memories down this way. I posted the trailer link above if you'd like to check it out; the production stays very close to the truth.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member