Will Decker and Vick get along?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Mar 23, 2014.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This video should win over the Vick haters

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

How do you figure that? They provide service dogs to disabled veterans.

3. xBleedingGreen62x

I'm pretty sure he was joking

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I hear people rip on Big Ben and Ray Lewis all the time. Big Ben is a douche in general. Not much about Stallworth though and even though it was wrong to drive drunk, I don't believe the being drunk had anything to do with the accident. There's only so much you can do when you are driving on a highway and some idiot dashes out in front of you.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Trust me, I just made the thread behind the idea of a potential riff between the wo.

While I don't condone Vick for his actions, I understand and am content knowing he did his time served and has appeared to have learned from the ordeal.

7. sassquash

sassquash Member

Maybe if they were both register jockeys at Walmart there would be an issue, but I think the multi-million dollar contracts will help bury any grudge.. just sayin..

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Thank you

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The question is why should we care if they get along? Unless it translates to bad play on the field I don't give a fuck and until it does it is pretty stupid to speculate that it will.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. Heavy Metal Thunder

Just one guy's opinion...

Please know that I don't mean this in a smug or preachy way whatsoever, but I might be the biggest animal rights activist on this board. I am 100% vegan, and for reasons of animal compassion. Aside from obviously not eating or wearing any animal products, my wife and I work hard to ensure we only buy household products that are certified no-animal testing, only buy toiletries (toothpaste, deodorant, hair products, shampoo, etc) that is leaping bunny certified (no animal testing, no animal derived ingredients). We don't visit places like zoos or Sea World. Hell, we even request non-down pillows when staying in hotels. Like many of you, my best friend in this world is my dog Joey (named after #12). I'm not saying any of this to be sanctimonious or in an attempt to put myself on a pedestal. I just thought people might be interested in knowing how someone this vested in animal welfare feels about Michael Vick.

I have no problem with Michael Vick whatsoever. Of course I don't approve of what he was convicted of in his past, but he served his time. He paid the price. I don't know him personally, but I get the vibe that he has grown as a person from his past transgressions. I believe that people who go down the wrong path can learn from their mistakes, change, and grow. I don't judge people for their lifestyle choices. Ninety-nine percent of my family and friends aren't vegan and I love them unconditionally. But I can't help but notice the dark humor in the fact that the people who scream the loudest from the mountain top to denigrate Vick for his past, probably are doing so while eating a steak dinner, sporting a wool suit and leather shoes. Now to be clear, I don't look disparagingly at non-vegans. But I do look with amusement and a look of confusion at non-vegans who think that bashing Michael Vick makes them some sort of advocate or crusader of animal rights. As though Michael Vick poses the same kind of threat to animals as things like factory farming, the textile industry, the cosmetics industry, vivisection, etc.

Like I said, just one guy's opinion.

macbk, LWC611, Ralebird and 4 others like this.
  11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

if Vick can throw a deep ball like Manning -- they will be fine....actually manning was very duck like. Vick does throw a nicer deep ball.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So Rich Cimini is making threads now?

Most humans are capable of forgiveness. Most humans are NOT Jets fans. :lol:

13. Animosity

Animosity Member

REALLY? What is Decker going to do? Go up to Vick and say "hey you big meanie, i didn't like what you did 10 years ago. i am going to put this team in jeoprady with my grudge! you better watch your back"?!?

the problem is being accurate!

#33 Animosity, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Well said.

But dude, no down pillows? They are so comfy.

:D

_

15. Heavy Metal Thunder

Haha they def are. And down coats are warm as hell too. You win some, you lose some I guess.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

P.E.T.A. - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

yum