Very Good Read

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FlaJet, Mar 23, 2014.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It doesn't make any sense when you ask the simple question why did Rex put Sanchez in with the 3rd stringers in the 3rd preseason game if he won the competition? People can make up their self serving narratives to try and spin it but it makes no sense. It's very obvious that the Jets hadn't decided Sanchez won the competition or he NEVER would have been in the game at that point.

Rex has plenty of flaws but he's not a fucking moron.

CJGreen, APK 8 and The 1985er like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It feels like Rex was doing everything he could to get Sanchez as opening day starter, against opposition from others in the organization, and he saw Geno's bad performance as an opportunity to stick Sanchez in and win the job right there.

3. xBleedingGreen62x

People think he won the competition because Mark Sanchez was quoted saying he "believed" he had won the competition so it must be true rite? lol

Logic of him being inserted back into that preseason game with a third string O-line so they can get more looks at Sanchez before they actually made the decision BE DAMNED!!!

APK 8 likes this.
  4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Looks like one, when it comes to grooming offensive players. Almost none of his offensive picks worked. [Sanchez/Hill/Greene, et al]

And if the plan was to go all-in with Geno, then Sanchez should have started last year. Geno could use the time to fix his dreadful mechanics and get acclimated to the speed of NFL, while learning the NFL offense - at the expense of Sanchez. Geno didn't need to go through the baptism of fire, per se. That's never a good idea.

5. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

How is Hill Rex's pick? He has openly stated that he didn't want to trade up for Hill.

6. CJGreen

CJGreen Member

Now THIS s funny How does Rex get the blame for picks not woking out? Is he a Coach/GM? Last I heard GMs make the selections on draft day. Rex has repeatedly said that he didn't want to draft Hill. I think we should look to blame the people who are at fault rather than lumping everything on one person cause its convenient.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Would you kill a Pitbull?

8. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

I really liked Sanchez. Sadly, I think that one snap would be a pick 6. Kid needs a fresh start. We gotta move on.

chris5533 likes this.
  9. june19

june19 Active Member

SOJF! Time to move on people.please!

10. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Guys agree or disagree all U want. It's fine that is why a thread is created. I'm sorry if the " hateful" comment upset some of your guys. I respect everyone's opinion whether I agree or disagree.

11. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

You mean like cutting a QB in August instead of trading him so he could pick his next team as a favor and appreciation for what he gave the Jets? Then watch helplessly as he gors directly to a division rival, wins the starting job and somehow wins the division title? Pennington, Chad 2008

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And by releasing him in March that somehow prevented him from landing on one of those teams? HUH?

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It stopped him from landing on Raiders who were intrested and went out and signed Shaub.Unless Idziks scared of the Raiders then ......

14. Mr. Green Pants

Geno's stinker of a first half had already given Rex the justification he needed to start Sanchez. I think Mark was put in for one simple reason…Rex is sometimes too damn competitive for his own good. He probably figured one quick series from Sanchez could sew up the game and give the Jets "bragging rights" over the Giants for a year.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I highly doubt Rex would have put Sanchez in the game at that point if he thought Sanchez was his starting QB for sure.

The 1985er likes this.
  16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I do not understand how anyone can not see this. It is the most obvious thing in the whole damn episode--Sanchez--by default or by a slight edge or by out right winning or by Geno's tender ankle or or by Geno's inexperience--at that point was the opening day starter.

Rex just couldn't help himself, he NEEDED to win that game. That's the only reason he put him out there.

_

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If that was truly his motivation he would have put all the starters in. He put Sanchez in with the scrubs.

It makes for a nice spin for Sanchez fans though.

The 1985er likes this.
  18. Mr. Green Pants

Obviously, Rex knew Sanchez wasn't the GM's guy, he knew there would be a big push to get Geno on the field at some point during the season unless Sanchez performed at an All-Pro level. With that in mind, he probably felt okay putting the guy who looked like the short term starter in to try to lock up the win. Probably figured the veteran Sanchez could avoid getting hurt for one stinking series. Of course, in true Jet fashion, he sustained a season ending injury. :)

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ah, no. That's not what you do with lineman who are out of the game and have taken their shoulder pads off.

That's just watching the history of the game.

_

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's not what you do with the guy who won the starting QB position. That's just watching the history of the game.

The 1985er likes this.