Legitimate concerns about Idzik

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Mar 17, 2014.

1. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Landry? Cost affective role plAyer is kind. While I agree all the jets look for is cost affective role players. It's not a great plan. To always look for guys that we can sign for vet minimum contracts.

Yes, cromartie had a bad year., I believe he was hurt. Last few games milliner looked better. Wilson, I can't agree. 4 years he's a 1 st rd draft pick and always looks lost.

2. chris5533

That's a different argument. I don't truly understand the nature of his injury and why he refuses surgery. It's strange he played all seasons, when at times there was talk he has a season ending injury. The jets and cromartie were and are very quiet about what exactly is wrong with him.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Severe tendon strains (which is basically what he has) are nagging injuries that really stifle what athletes can do, especially in the hip of a CB. Hip strength and fluidity is paramount to a successful cover corner, and Cro's strain took that away. It isn't a contact injury, a break, or a tear, so the player is able to continue athletic activity but as a shell of himself. The Jets kept Cro in because he could still play and was being paid an obscene amount of money to sit when he could be on the field. He also is a veteran who knows the Jets coverages and helps the team in those ways. Trust me, we may miss him for sentimental reasons, but not for what he could have done on the field for us in 2014.

4. MaximusD163

They also tend to linger for months and flare up, especially with older players.

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Cooks 40 actually wasn't too impressive to me, but then again most 40s don't impress me much I'm a tape guy but Cooks looks quicker then fast to me. He doesn't have Percy Harvin speed but he has cat like quickness, if we didn't have Kerley I would draft him in a heart beat because he's interchangeable but as of right now I'm taking Lee or Evans.

6. MaximusD163

I don't think Evans or Lee will be there at 18, thats why I want Benjamin.

7. OverloadBlitz

Benjamin is an interesting prospect, he has no quickness or speed but can make some incredible catches. Reminds me of a poor man's Anquan Boldin, he could turn out to be a Alshon Jeffrey or a nobody, very risky to take him in the 1st.

8. OverloadBlitz

Sadly there is no way he is not drafted top 10, he is one of the best football players in the draft.

9. MaximusD163

He has a higher ceiling than Boldin actually, he taller with longer arms, and is actually faster especially for his size. Boldin is a much better route runner but not as athletic. Benjamin plays faster than his 40 time indicates, watch some of his game film if you can find it, you'll see him routinely run past guys. He's the kind of guy that can be our #1 WR by 2015, just in time for a few years in tandem with Decker as the #2.

10. MaximusD163

Lol, not sure if serious.

11. OverloadBlitz

I've watched his tape, I have him graded as a 2nd rounder, I thought he should of stayed another year.

Br4d likes this.
  12. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

we see him adding quality players at his pace. We still have 12 picks and the secondary market will yield other gems. it always does. Re the ledge I'd say jump!

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You mean the kind who feeds off emotion and a challenge? Yes that's exactly the type of player the Jets need. An assassin on offense who wants to shred opposing defenses. So I take it you're opposed to trading for DJax? For a 5th rounder that's cap friendly he's a no brainer to upgrade this offense. So he likes the attention at times, nothing new for a star wideout. Stop acting like you don't want him here for the right price.

#613 JetsNation06, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Benjamin improved significantly last year as a sophomore but he left open the question of whether he could be a reliable #1 WR. By not going back he essentially discounted his value in the draft unless a team is willing to take a real risk on the pick.

The Jets got burned on the Stephen Hill pick because they projected him to be a player he was not capable of being. I just don't see Benjamin as a player the Jets can afford to take if one of the productive guys who already has proven his ability to catch a lot of balls is available. If Benjamin was a junior coming off of a 65 catch season after catching 50 as a sophomore you'd have more to go on. If he caught 80 as a junior you'd know he could handle the role.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fair enough. 40 Yard dash times aren't really that important anyway. I think I'd be perfectly happy with Lee. I like Evans a lot, just am not convinced that he'll be such a good fit in the WCO. I think the Jets already have one WR in Decker that doesn't really fit the WCO, and Evans, with similar size and build, would be another. I think the team needs to go with Lee, Cooks or Beckham Jr. at WR, but could be happy with most any of them except Benjamin and Bryant. I don't like either of those.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't want him here at any price. I despise players who are selfish and greedy. I don't care how talented or aggressive he is offensively. I think he would disrupt the team salary structure, the team attitude and chemistry that Idzik is supposedly trying to build, and could wind up being a distraction.

17. chris5533

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Every post you make is just another complaint about how they haven't spent enough money yet. Maybe you should just become a Raiders or Redskins fan, I'm sure you would love their offseason strategies.

74 likes this.
  19. chris5533

Maybe that's the answer. I guess you agree with woody Johnson. No need for patience . We're sure to be highly competitive this year

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I wonder if we are gonna sign anyone else,haven't heard any reports about intrest besides the Dsean Jackson thing,looks like its gonna come down to the draft to fill all 9 holes,Idzik is like a hooker the way he fills holes with cheap dicks