Jets sign QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Actually that's exactly what they do and worse.

2. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Geno is never going to be anything more than a wildcat package player in this league. He has neither the smarts nor the awareness nor the leadership ability. Im glad we have a capable QB for the first time since Penny was here. Oh, and animal freaks take your shit somewhere else

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  3. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think that a lot of you only watch the Jets. Vick, capable and competent absolutely shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
    If Geno starts the season, gets injured and Vick is the option the season is over. If Vick starts the season the Jets should just cut Geno. You can't start a guy his rookie year, bench him in season 2 and think he will be worth a shit down the road. I guess some teams are destined to be shitty forever.

4. Animosity

Animosity Member

Problem is he isn't ready. Geno can wait a year or two sitting on the bench and watching.

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I forgot how amazing Geno was last season that he needs to be given the keys with no competition. Vick's worst year in the league couldn't sniff the garbage that Geno was for most of last season.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I love Geno, but I have to agree with this statement lol

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, and there are guys in the fields who piss on your broccoli. You better learn to eat dirt, Mary.

8. rsmehta

rsmehta Active Member

I hate when people make arguments like this.

We have two very capable qb's, let the best man win. You are thinking way too much into it

--------------------–-

2 years ago, Seattle signed Matt Flynn to a huge contract. Russel Wilson beat him out in camp, and the rest is history

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Before today the Idzik gushers were saying:

"You guys just want to pick up famous names who are past their prime, but that's not what winning teams do"

After today they say:
    "Brilliant move signing Michael Vick!"

You can't make this shit up.

We've got fans here that clearly don't watch other games, but bc 14 years ago Michael Vick was an electric runner (but bad QB), he developed a big name, and now people think he's "going to scare NE". He's 34, has horrible football intelligence STILL, is a below average QB and is constantly injured.

If he starts for us not only will we be horrid, but it means Geno is still an unmitigated disaster. Bravo, Idzik!

Tarzanboy likes this.
  10. xBleedingGreen62x

Why is there this overblown conclusion that if you were drafted and started as a rookie, you cannot be benched or your career is over? Face it, Geno only started last year because MS got injured. If Vick out plays Geno in camp and in preseason would it really be a bad thing for him to sit and learn for a year or till Vick gets hurt? I think if anything that would put an even bigger chip on Geno's shoulder n bring the best out of him.

Would it really be that surprising if Vick (a 10+ year NFL veteran and former pro bowler) beats out a 2nd year 2nd round pick? If losing a QB competition breaks your confidence so much you are no longer "worth a shit" than you have no business being in the NFL anyway. Look at guys like Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, Steve Young, etc. They all were over looked, benched or cut. Sometimes you need some time to LEARN.

11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

So who did you want playing QB this season if Geno shits the bed?

12. Ohsoclose

Ohsoclose Member

Also remember when Chip Kelly came in they both had a shot as the starter and Vick beat him out to start the season. Foles had already blown one shot and was not going to screw up a second when Vick went down. He thanked Vick all year long for helping his development and making him a better QB. It couls have been lip service but it appeared genuine.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's my point exactly. Vick helped and supported him, mentored him, but didn't "push" him, except maybe in the way friends push each other to be their best.

14. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I'd put the odds in his favor, in regards to him starting week 1. He is familiar with MM's system, going to be fun to watch

15. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Tends to happen when you have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL. Top receiver had 43 catches in 12 games.

As for Vick his 2004/2005 stats weren't that great. Wasn't till 2010 that Vick broke the 3,000 mark in passing with a much better WR corp.

http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelvick/2504531/profile
    http://www.nfl.com/player/genosmith/2539335/profile

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Wow, 33 year old Vick turned '34' earlier in this thread and is now 35?!!

Mods, please close this thread before he turns into George Blanda by noon..

Jets69 and NYJalltheway like this.
  17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Lol..that broken down 47 year old still ran for over 300 yards and 2 tds in only 7 games last year. I wonder if we had even 1 RB that did the same.

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Terry Bradshaw was benched half the season the first year the Steelers won a Super Bowl and that was his fifth year in the league.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Vick should beat out Geno fairly easily as he's far more capable and competent. I don't know what you've been watching but Vick was a good QB in MM's system.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't see how Vick doesn't beat out Geno unless of course, the "fix" is in on this and its mostly theatre that we'll be seeing in TC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.