PETA: For people who were against signing Vick (Your Opinion)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 21, 2014.

1. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

So people that hunt are psychopaths by your definition.

2. xBleedingGreen62x

Words cannot describe how ashamed I am to be associated with some of the people posting in this thread. Classless

3. rico college

Like I said, where are all the sexual deviant farve threads?

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Ok, wow, you're so stupid. Let me slow this down for you.

First, equating ethical livestock farming with animal torture is like saying euthanasia and electrocuting humans are equivalent. That's obviously false. Second, just because I support ethical livestock conditions doesn't mean that I necessarily condone improvable/despicable conditions. Third, is the fact that I've failed to create a thread on awareness about the ethical treatment of farm animals really relevant to my defense of someone who wanted to express something that was important to them? A bunch of people in this thread are acting like a bunch of immature POS assholes who have nothing better to do with their time than to bully other people. When someone stipulates from the beginning that they're avoiding confronation and not welcoming dissent. I don't care whether I agree with you or not, but if something is important to you then I want to stand up for your right to feel a certain way, believe a certain thing, or support a particular football team just because I'm a nice person and I want people to be happy just like I want to be happy.

Give me a fuckin break.

#64 VanderbiltJets, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

It is the point your making, you just don't realize the logical consequences of your statements. Moreover, you are assuming that the very foundation of our justice system has even less merit than the people you criticize. You say they won't forgive someone who has paid his due but they should find someone guilty of a crime that the justice system did not say they committed? The very offense you claim to being unjust that you are laying on others is what you are doing by acting as judge and jury. If BigBen had been found guilty of rape not only would I not want him on my team but I would have actively protested against him EVEN MORE vigorously than I am with Vick. So, now go convict that SOB. Until you do your point has no merit.

6. rico college

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against dogs. And I don't like to see any animal hurt or in pain.

But the truth is if you don't like Vick because he abused dogs, it's time for you to find another team and stop posting here.

I wish you all well and I will drop the subject now.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Again you ignore the point.

This isn't ethical livestock Farming you jack ass. This is the torture of animals when workers are bored. Can you not get that through your thick ass skull? I'm not talking about raising and killing animals for meat. I'm talking about workers who have been charged with animal cruelty and sentenced to years in prison. These guys are torturing and killing these animals outside of the normal practice when they are bored at work.

I'm stupid? You are sitting here saying that workers who torture animals when bored is part of the normal routines of livestock Farming. No it is not which is why many of these workers have faced prison time.

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Some of people responses are just crazy. I was going to reply to them but you can't try to reason with unreasonable people.

9. Aewhistory

So you're talking about VIOLATIONS of the LAWS for raising and keeping animals. Do you realize that the very acts you are talking about are illegal? If people are getting away with them it is because they haven't been caught! In other words, what you are arguing is that if the dude down the street gets away with murder then why can't I? What you are describing is against the line and workers can be fined, fired, and even jailed for this. So let's catch them and put them away! I see ZERO inconsistency here Falco.... You are literally arguing that because something bad happens in one place we shouldn't punish it anywhere. As I said before, you don't even understand the logical consequences of your own points.

10. VanderbiltJets

It's difficult to morally judge whether Event A is worse, or, in relative terms, "less preferable" than Event B. Obviously, both are despicable, unpreferable, and undesired. If what you're getting at is that hypocrisy is afoul here then I concur but only to a certain extent: the visibility of athletes like Vick makes issues more well-known but it's difficult for many reasons to educate everyone on all facets of a particular issue (in this case animal abuse).

11. Falco21

No. What I'm arguing is that these workers are consistently torturing these animals behind closed doors when they are bored. You, the general public, are then eating these same animals. There have been NUMEROUS videos showing it, numerous arrests, and numerous convictions yet you, the general public, continues to eat meat.

Now, Michael Vick kills and fights dogs for fun and you, the general public, does not want to root for him or calls him a piece of shit for doing that? OK. What about the meat you continue to eat even though the torturing has been exposed to the public countless times? It's OK for you to continue to eat meat and ignore the torture but you can't root for a guy who killed and tortured dogs? It's two fold man. It goes both ways.

74 likes this.
  12. VanderbiltJets

Are you arguing that boycotting meat would prevent such abuses?

13. Aewhistory

No, people who kill for joy are psychopaths. I don't like hunting but that is totally different.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Here something some of you guys don't get. He grew up watching dogs fight just like I did. So it was everyday life for him. Hell I remember being at dog fights and there be cops there in uniform watching and betting on fights.

74 likes this.
  15. Falco21

No. What I'm saying is, why is it OK for everyone to turn the other cheek when it comes to eating meat but when a guy, such as Vick, tortures dogs and kills them, everyone roots against him and wants his head?

I am in no way condoning torture of any animal, but if you are going to call Vick a piece of shit and not root for him because of animal cruelty, then how can you go out to the store and buy and eat the same meat coming from animals who are tortured and killed? How is that, in any way, correct? How can that be viewed as Ok?

You can't sit here and fight against Vick while you stuff your face with a steak. It doesn't work that way

74 likes this.
  16. rico college

Reason has to do with dealing with facts. Your original post is based on emotion not reason. I'm truly not trying to argue with you. But your original post has zero reason. We get it, you hate Michael Vick because your mother owns dogs.

But if you truly feel that way, you just need to move on to another team. And I wish you and your mamma's dogs the very best.

74 likes this.
  17. Falco21

And what is hunting? Is that not killing for joy? Lol

We don't live in the prehistoric days where hunting is the only means of survival. People hunt and kill animals for the joy of doing it. Myself included.

18. xBleedingGreen62x

Don't bother. This is just a little glimpse as to why we as jets fans have a laughable reputation in the eyes of other NFL fan bases. Disgusting.

19. Falco21

Oh I'm sure everyone laughs at our fan base because we root for a guy who killed dogs LMAO

Fuckin Philadelphia. What a shit ass city for having Vick on their squad and rooting for him for years and years.

20. rico college

Hunters enjoy hunting, and based on your logic, you're saying they are psychopaths. I'm just busting your chops dude.