Do you want Michael Vick wearing Jets green'n'white?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aewhistory, Mar 19, 2014.

?

Do you want Michael Vick on the New York Jets this season.

1. Yes, he will make a good starter for us!

13 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Yes, he can compete with Geno for starting QB.

53 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. Sure, he can mentor Geno.

28 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. No.

82 vote(s)
    46.6%
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Michael Vick is 33 now, he was 27 when he plead guilty to the felony charges.

I don't know about you, but I changed a lot from 27 to 33 and if I had spent nearly 2 years in Leavenworth, declared bankruptcy and became a national pariah I think my life would have changed even more.

I know nothing about the man, but I want to believe that he's somewhat matured.

_

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol ... that's ridiculous if true

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We are comparing Dog fighting to bragging rights in regards to jerseys lol - he very well may still be stubborn.

I don't think Vick will ever be a good Samaritan. That's just me.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I dont like Vick for what he did but he's been a good Samaritan for awhile now. He's done well in the locker room and off the field charity work. It could be a PR move entirely but it doesnt negate what hes done.

5. 101GangGreen101

I don't think this makes him a good Samaritan though, he's playing nice and looking to improve his image. I don't see him picking up groceries for old ladies, holding doors, and reading the bible to the elderly lol.

He's done good though with off the field charity work, but there are plenty of things we don't see Vick do on the daily basis (nor do I want to)

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Vick wants to be a starter. Vick wants to wear number 7. Vick wants to be 6'3"tall. Vick wants to make $14 million a year.

"You can't always get what you want"
    - Sir Michael Phillip Jagger

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

unless he improves at a miraculous rate, Geno is a freaking disaster back there. Vick would beat him out in TC. Can't wait for all you guys to lose your shit.

obviously what he did was wrong but he paid a huge price for it already. all you holier than thou PETA hypocrites can suck it.

what the fuck does this mean. you don't know him or see what he does or read his mind to know his true feelings so you have no basis or right to make grandiose judgements like that.

8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Meanwhile Ray Rice is out there throwing haymakers.

rico college, Capt. Ace Nick and 74 like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

A good Samaritan normally means, a person who comes to your aid when you most need help. Does this really apply to Michael Vick? If so, I'm sure this would be all over the news.

No, I do not believe Michael Vick fits in that category.

10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Honestly, I could care less if they sign him. He is being brought in to be a capable backup QB. As long as he remains a backup QB, I don't care.

#210 dabrowsk1, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  11. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Well we will find out this weekend or on Monday cause Tuesday ( Dirty ) is due his bonus and that is not going to happen. Should be
    an exciting weekend.

12. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I hear you and appreciate your honesty. Seriously. But I just hope that people who are that hateful of Vick for what he did become that incensed over people getting murdered, child abuse, spousal abuse etc. The guy did something horrific, no two ways about it. But since then he went to jail for 2 years, lost probably more than $50 million easily, was disgraced, humiliated and received death threats etc. What did he do after? He ss an advocate against animal abuse now, a better teammate and father, has turned into a role model after it and has been a more then productive member of society, probably doing more now for animals then everyone on this board combined. So I just will never get the hate that still lingers for what he did. Just please show that same disdain for Leonard Little or Donte Stallworth or have that anger and passion when you open the newspaper and read about murder and child abuse and all the other much more disgusting acts that go on every day. To be clear, this is not at all to imply that you or anyone else who still hates Vick supports those acts, but just show the same level, at the very least, of hate for those on a daily basis. You do that, I am good with your opinion. For some reason, I doubt you get that worked up when you see those things on a daily basis.....

With that said, bring Vick on any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Think he would be an awesome addition to this team and good mentor for Geno. Most importantly, a great option should Geno perform poorly or get injured. Everyone is acting like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are also free agents and we aren't trying to bring them in. Vick is BY FAR the best option out there from a fit perspective AND talent perspective.

13. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

May be true but it could cause a circus with the ny media. Someone did a good job of planting the seed.

A little food for thought: Brian Costello
    @BrianCoz
    Rex on 98.7 on if it's possible Mark Sanchez is under center for Jets this year: "That could happen. … That's still a possibility." #nyj

#213 FlaJet, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

For 5 million he's not here to just "be a backup."

And to answer the OP's question... I don't want Mike Vick walking around, let alone on my team.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao

Awww, poor baby is butt hurt.

16. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

So being outraged that someone has tortured and killed animals for pleasure makes me and others PETA hypocrites? Do you know what a hipocrite is? Currently I have a 15 years old dog that is nearing the end of his life. I care for him, clean up after him, keep him comfortable and happy, and when his heart finally gives out I will make the hard decision to put him to sleep. I will have worked to keep him happy and healthy through TWO YEARS of health problems. So don't you dare call me a hypocrite; I have put my money where my mouth is more times than you can count. And as for PETA, I'm not a member, never have been and never will be. They don't interest me.

EDIT: now that Vick is signed I won't be watching this year or going to games.

jerseyjay14 and chris5533 like this.
  17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

serving 2 years doesnt bring back the dogs he killed, or make up for torturing hundreds of others....

sex offenders server their time, they still need to live with the consequences after they get out of jail... what vick did has consenquences that last a lifetime. and the jets have proved they are a souless horrible franchise by signing him

18. jerseyjay14

yup nothing like having a covicted felon around your young players

19. jerseyjay14

not nearly severe enough. he is still alive.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You are almost as much of a scumbag as Vick is.

You need to move on. People pay their debts. Vick paid the debt that this country deemed suitable for his crime. It cost him MILLIONS upon millions of dollars and ruined his public perception for the rest of his life (see: morons like you saying you hope he dies). The guy does tons of charitable work to bring awareness to help stop the crimes he committed. He transformed as a man to the point where a professional football team called him their leader. And if you want to talk from a football perspective, the Eagles breakout QB credits Vick for helping him become the player he is.

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, but it's worth a shot.

rico college and 74 like this.