2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

So it's DRC or we draft a CB high. I'm not comfortable with Milliner as a 1 and walls as a 2.
    Fact is there is nobody else out there.

2. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I'd love DRC, but I have to wonder if his heart really is into football considering he contemplated retirement about a month or so ago.

3. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Well Cromartie supposedly has a deal that the Jets won't match with Arizona.

So..DRC. I hope he fields low offers for saying he wanted to retire.

4. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

It was smoke and mirrors it has already been confirmed no one talked to revis's camp from the jets. His team was throwing rumors out in order to get the money
    from the pats. Like its been said many times here by myself and others. Neither Revis or our front office was interested in a reunion. Things ended way to ugly.
    You think the raiders wouldnt have given him the money he wanted? The patriots signing was the plan all along.

5. JdotGriff

Not only that but he turned down a $56,000,000 offer from the broncos.

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

So how will everyone feel if DC gets signed somewhere else? We aren't even talking to him. Then what's the plan.
    Seems like one uninterested guy is what it all hinges on.

7. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Not disappointed much over losing out on Munnerlyn. I can't see him playing the outside, and I'm personally not big on 5'8 CBs.

I understand the disdain of losing out on Revis. Why wouldn't we want him back home where he was a god for us on defense. I honestly believe they didn't want to be held hostage with him again. Listening to Manish is almost as reliable as Bob. This isn't the old regime, Idzik holds things close to the vest, so be wary of anything we hear or read. They were reporting that Decker left without a deal, and yet he signed. Pettigrew was "close to signing" like 8 hours ago, and still nothing. Now they called Sanders and blah blah blah, it's all BS.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Plenty of other guys out there. Maybe not a huge name guy. But guys like Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, Walter Thurmond III, Brandon Browner are still available. You have to remember, we drafted Milliner 9th overall last year. Whether people like it or not he will be penciled in as a starter (and he played really well down the stretch for us). We don't have to sign a star CB with our front 7. We just need some capable guys back there....and a safety.

9. JdotGriff

Verner sucks in m2m coverage and is a cover 2 corner hence why he signed in TB. No way we sign both tate and decker since both were a system risk. We also made the smart choice
    by going with the one who can run block.

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I thought Walter Thurmond had signed with the Jags? Guess not.

11. JdotGriff

This is incorrect there is still 2-4 CB's out there that fit what rex likes to do. Weather we sign one or not still remains to be seen.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm pretty concerned about the OL. Giacomini is not a sure thing and we have unproven Winters and nobody at OG, we better fuckin draft someone early that could come in and start. Colon should be retained once his arm checks out.

Decker is a solid #2 but will be our #1 so I dunno about that. Wouldn't mind an Emmanuel Sanders or Pettigrew.

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Its incredible how with how bad the offense was last year (the biggest thing that held us back), it seems like everyone has been so focused on upgrading the defense during this FA period.

Don't get me wrong, we have some holes to fill, but with Rex as our HC i'm not all to worried about the D.

14. rockyusmc2003

Yup.

Signing a ton of high ticket guys really helped the Dolphins last year. Redskins have done amazing with that strategy as well.

15. JdotGriff

Rex was in charge last season when teams throw for 400 yards on us all season.

16. JdotGriff

You couldnt be more wrong. Allenn was playing the nickle safety in those games where he jumped TE's. This is a strong side position and where allen belongs.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Overall was our defense bad or good? It certainly wasn't bad. Like I said, i'm not saying the Jets don't have a hole or two to fill on defense. But i certainly shouldn't take precedence over the offense right now.

18. JdotGriff

It was solid vs the run and absolutely fucking horrible vs the pass.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I used that link for further proof fuck-tart. AA played Strong Safety, that is his natural position in the NFL, that is what he played the majority of the time. JDot already went into specifics.

20. rockyusmc2003

Giacomini is a solid pickup. I would have preferred to keep Howard (since he knows the system already), but that contract was crazy. Any figures yet on Giacomini?

True #1 WRs are few and far between. Teams like the Lions, Browns, and truly fortunate to have real #1's (I realize there are others), but not everyone has them. The Seahawks won a Superbowl with a solid group, and I bet Idzik is following that mold. Geno (if he's the guy) needs excellent route runners.