2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Hopefully they get Decker signed today. If the price is reasonable (7 mil or less) I'd say don't let him leave the building. People got carried away thinking he'd want the moon but the guy would be a major upgrade. If they can get him and a RT today I'd be very pleased. Well that and bring home Mr. Revis.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Decker. Would rather E Sanders or J Jones who will come cheaper.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm fine w/ Decker or any of the combo of other FA WRs. we all know Decker isn't a 1 and none of these guys are(w/ maybe the exception of Nicks) but we need receivers in the worst way and we need probably 2. Decker, Austin and a draft pick? that would be a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE upgrade to anything we have had since we last had quality weapons in 2010.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We need to get our secondary sured up. Right now it's our teams weakest link. Even worse then our lack of offensive playmakers

5. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Why? Because you remember some catch from the Super Bowl?

Nope. Decker plays 16 games a year and produced "Nicks-like" numbers when he had Tebow and Orton throwing to him. The Giants have barely had a running game to speak of recently and still Nicks doesn't put up better numbers. Obviously, when he gets here he will have one of the worst 5 QBs in the league throwing to him instead of a legend who puts his guys in positions to make plays because he knows the game like no else. So his numbers will decline. This applies to Nicks also. Eli is at least usually competent.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NickHa01.htm
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DeckEr00.htm

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

If Decker is here they'd better lock him up because there is nothing else to see or do. He has toured the facility many times over by now, he's seen plenty of the area. Get down to the nuts and bolts of things and sign him up

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I would be fine with this!

As long as they draft another WR and fill other holes through the draft.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We have 40m but we still need a RG, RT, QB, probably a RB and CB along with a receiver so we aren't "that" rich. Oh, and maybe a safety too.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

there is still a draft

YOYOYO likes this.
  10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Decker is just another Santonio Holmes, he can be part of an offense but can't carry an offense.

Decker was not commanding the attention of defenses, Thomas and Welker were. If he comes to NY he will have to be the #1 guy, and that is a role I don't think he can handle. We will likely draft a WR buts its no lock that the guy we draft will be able to fit the #1 role. I would much prefer Hakeem Nicks, he has carried an offense, has been the #1 guy, etc

The 1985er likes this.
  11. Rockinz

loosing Howard sucks... BUT i think he can be replaced by someone as good...

It was only day 1 Jets will make a splash.

12. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

Decker is a good guy to have in the locker room as well. I still do not want to pay #1 money for him. We are better off building through the draft.

nevbeats319 likes this.
  13. Rockinz

We need more than that IMHO..

BUQB
    OLB
    WR
    CB
    FS
    OT
    G
    TE

8 holes to fill

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The difference is Nicks put his #s up as the guy defenses worried most about, the guy commanding the most attention.

Thomas & Thomas were not welker, welker has made his career being a2nd/3rd option.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I doubt we would want to start a rookie at any of those other than RB and receiver.

17. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Vick, Emmanuel Sanders, and bringing back Revis Island is all we need to do this free agency period! I think getting Revis back is a MUST considering our secondary is so weak right now, I think Vick is the perfect fit for us for the fact that he can mentor Geno and let's be real, Vick's durability is an issue, but that's not the worst thing for us to have considering it'll give Geno a chance to come in and get reps. Sanders would be a solid receiver who also has punt and kick return ability..I'm also assuming we draft a WR in the 1st round to sure up the position...but no matter what QB is under center, we need to sure up our OLINE. With Howard gone andColon not signed, we have 3 starters right now...I was patient day 1, but idzik needs to start making moves today! And enough of the MJD interest, Ivory and Powell proved to be a good combo, plus Goodson should be good to go coming off injury (assuming his legal battles work out), but RB is not an issue for this team. But Idzik needs to deliver today

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sucks???? Really?

you might argue overrated, but sucks takes your cred level down considerably.

19. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Santonio Holmes was a major asset to the team talent wise. If he had no character issues or injury problems I'd be happy with him making 6-7 million a year.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Regardles, Decker was #4 on the defensive game plan.

If I played the Broncos my goal would be to stop DT, JT, Welker and then finally Decker.