2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm just glad we aren't throwing cash, wonder what's gonna happen to Howard though

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We have the 4th most cap space in league ,we need playmakers badly and while other teams are signing players and making moves the Jets resign Nick Folk,wtf is going on down there?being patient isn't a smart strategy there will be nothing but scraps left on the table in a few days

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think he is referring to the model and principle behind having a successful free agency offseason period.

IE: Seattle Seahawks.

Were they contenders at 7-9 the year they made the playoffs 3-4 years back? No.

Did their model and plan they've implemented since Pete Carroll arrived paid off for them? Yes.

Are we using that same model of success right meow? Time will tell but it kinda seems that way to me.

So.. We Really!! Really!! Could be contenders in the near future. Crazy, I know, but it just might work.

4. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

I agree

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's kind of funny though how nobody ever responds to my messages except Sox and Falco typically, but the second I let out a little Jet fan cry about being frustrated like we all are, I get quoted 20 times :rolleyes:

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I honestly think we are going to be going after Revis again. I can see Idzik making that the big splash and waiting until he is released.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

The fact is we didn't get any better today, we have all this cap space for a reason, this was the plan so we can spend money, not just keep focusing on having cap space just to stare at it and say " oh look we have cap space, job well done."

8. IIMeanDeanII

That's weird.

All these top teams in the league implement that patience thingy year in and year out.. I wonder how they manage to get by with that stupid ass strategy they use?

Patience.. Pffftttt...

9. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Pack it in man. Go get some sleep.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im just not sure why you are so frustrated? We have to spend the money, its not like Idzik is going to be a cheap bastard here.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It fuckin sucks that FA is one day and we got NOONE. Fire Idzik!!!

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmaoo..

13. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

you sure about that?

14. IIMeanDeanII

Ummm...

Counter argument.

We didn't get any worse today either. So there is that.

Check it out.

FACT:

We didn't over spend on a single free agent today. We still have a ton of cap space to play with. There are other ways to spend your money, other than just blowing it on whoever the fuck might be the flavor of the day based on name recognition.

Not a bad day. Not a bad day at all.

FACT 2:

There is a lot more days in the free agency period than just 1.

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I love that it's mid March and us hardcores are as passionate as ever about our Jets.

One of these years, right?

Br4d likes this.
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Article about reuniting with Revis :)

"You probably felt terrible when your best friend moved to a brand new far away place and you thought you would never see them again. You recalled all those great moments you had with him by your side and always thought you would be best friends forever.

Most Jets fans thought that when Darrelle Revis was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for multiple draft picks that it would spell the end of his career with the Green and White. But now there is big news coming from the pirate ship in Western Florida.

As of right now the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are discussing with several teams the possibility of trading No. 24 out of Tampa due to the $16 Million he is owed for this upcoming season and with the moves the Jets have done to shed their salary cap problems, I think this would be a great move to bring him back to the fold.

Could you imagine seeing him mentor Dee Milliner along with Ed Reed helping him out, at the same time seeing him play this loaded and young front seven along with an improving secondary. Revis can transform Gang Green's unit into the best defense not just in the AFC East, but in the entire NFL.

The Jets are nearly $40 Million under the cap and if it’s the $16 Million that Revis wants then it would be a great deal to bring him back where he belongs. If this move does happen either in a trade or the Bucs cut Revis by this Wednesday then it would be a no-brainer to bring him back home. Many players who have come to New York to play for any of the sports teams and left made their return, like Mark Messier and Alexei Kovalev of the New York Rangers or the former New York Yankees manager Billy Martin who made more than just one return to the team he played for and managed in the past.

Now it’s time to wait and see what the Jets will do with free agent frenzy going on and who they will bring over to strengthen this team on both sides of the ball. If Revis does make a return not only will this be a top caliber defense, but every single Jets fan who bought a Revis jersey can take them out of the closet and put it back on for the 2014 season."

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad they moved FA ahead of the draft.

Idzik has young college talent penciled in at every hole we got on the team from WR to FS to TE to RT. He probably feels he can improve the team without signing a single FA. Grab 10-12 young, hungry, talented men and turn them over the your coaching staff...here ya go! Fill the holes, get them better, get them coached up, it's time for blastoff.

This should reduces FA to an exercise in finding a handful of really good, very young players with apparent/obvious upside and with a bit more experience than college picks. Basically look at FA as draft picks but with a year or two under their belt with a few NFL opportunities to show up and show what they can do, even if it was just pre-season or just a game here or there.

As far as high priced super star FA, who are 25-26-27 years old and already given several years of their prime to some other team? Sure, they might have a 2-3-4 good/great years left (not 6-7-8), but why pay huge coin for the last 1/3-1/2 of some other guy?

A good, no a great GM finds his OWN superstars to groom and build a team with. Kids 20-21 yrs old who in 2-3 yrs become our very own home grown Verne, Tate, Byrd, Ware, Revis, MoWilk, Harrison, and each for about $2-4M a year.

I'm not impressed with a GM that crowds to the front of the FA line so 'snag' a $9M FA with 2yrs left in his legs. I'm impressed with a GM who drafts and grows his own future stars.

#2418 Footballgod214, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  19. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

its always exciting to start the season.. we get excited on new players.. the splash…remember 2009-2010 when we were choking on super stars and moves we were making

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

yeah but if ur talking just today we lost our RT and oppurtunity to get Ward, Byrd for a smaller price than we all expected. I understand what u mean but idzik has to be kicking his self at the Ward and Byrd oppurtunity.