2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

id love decker, sproles and draft lee with the 18th pick

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lmaooo i knew i wasnt the only one that call him Revis Christ.. nah man i feel you. i know that im not saying we shoulda been splashing but god damn mann... all we did was make more holes on the team. No team has ever won a chip by signing free agents... understood. BUT we have glaring needs and a key player or two at certain positions wouldnt help. i feel like evry off season we lose players we shouldnt then settle for a player thats not as the good as the one we released. I somehow still trust idzik too though. somehow lol. i really do.

3. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Being in cap hell doesn't mean you aren't a contender. Giants and falcons are definitely contenders! Have you gone mad? The colts not contenders? Are you crazy? Do you think the jets are contenders? I hope everyone remembers who plays QB for us.

4. John

John Active Member

i feel like not many teams are intrested in him though i dont think he will get 10 mil a year

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Dude.. Day 1.

I'm not tooooooooooooo far to one spectrum. I was of the understanding that free agency lasted longer than one day, am I wrong?

Define patience for me.

We have obviously been looking at players throughout all of Day 1. Do you think Idzik and Co. are taking a 23 hour nap? Let's be realistic man, the sky isn't falling, the earth hasn't shattered, it's only the first day. Let the guy work.

#2385 IIMeanDeanII, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  6. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

true.. golden tate is visiting the lions..

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets
    Have to think reason some #Jets fans are so disappointed is that they got wrapped up in too many "interest" reports from past week or so

And this is why we're panicking, right here.

nevbeats319 likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Flinching is a bad thing. It's what you do when you are out of control and something surprises you.

What happened today was very predictable. A bunch of CB's got deals at their ceiling. The Jets aren't going to acquire a CB at top dollar without knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's the right move. That's not where the Jets problems are focused at the moment. The problems are on the offensive side of the ball and have been since mid-season in 2011 nearly two and a half years ago.

If the Colts want to pay Vontae Davis nearly $10M a year, well that's their choice. There's nothing the Jets can do about that and over-paying Davis or another CB isn't the answer.

9. John

John Active Member

The giants and falcons? are you crazy? did you miss a season of the nfl? and i just dont find the colts threating in the playoffs and yes the teams in cap hell have 1-2 years to win, if they play bad in one playoff game they are screwed for the future basically

10. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Even if the Jets really did want Davis (or Verner) and Asamoah, what of it? What was Idzik supposed to do grossly overpay those two and totally screw up the team's salary structure? What is he supposed to do now, cut his wrists? Not everything in life works out the way we want it to. Based on our limited knowledge of Idzik, I'd say that even if he did want one or both players (which I'm not convinced he did), he had a set dollar amount that he thought was reasonable and willing to pay for each, and if those amounts weren't sufficient, then he had alternative plans in place. He is a very smart man, with excellent experience. Until he clearly screws up, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and trust him.

12. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

With Eli manning and Matt Ryan at the helm, you'll always have a shot. Yeah they had crappy seasons but so did the jets?

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of moves today,weve had three days to talk with free agents before hand and nothings happened.I'm not worried yet but I will be if tommorow is more of the same

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are certain the teams that just went 4-12 and 7-9 are contenders all of a sudden.

Was it their awesome Day 1 free agency signings that determined your certainty of their upcoming contender-ship?

You are questioning what my belief is with arguments like that? Come on, Mayne!

15. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

So we're a contender now??? At 8-8?? Really?? Really??

16. John

John Active Member

haha but you're wrong , jets over acheived this season, you do realize we dumped almost every veteran player and was playing with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players, we were ranked 32 in the league at the begining of the season...

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Giants and Falcons aren't contenders anymore. Their day has passed. Their ship has sailed into the sunset.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im losing brain cells reading these posts....

19. John

John Active Member

we over achieved last season ! yes! i am saying it now we are winning the superbowl QUOTE ME PUT ME IN YOUR SIGNATURES WE ARE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm sorry guys. I'm not trying to gain attention, or troll in any way, it's just frustrating. I don't care about signing the absolute best players, but more so that we at least do something at all. If there weren't so many reports of us having something done, or close to done, it would be different.

So is this the media that ultimately got to me(us?) Idk, but you can't say you guys aren't let down by making no moves. There were some great deals that teams got over the players on day one. It's sad that the NYJ couldn't get one of those.

Also, I didn't read any posts since I said anything tonight, so I wasn't ignoring anyone, or looking for drama. I kind of figured others would be pissed like myself. Isn't it concerning to you guys that we cut Cro but have let every CB option go so far?