2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Woe a bunch of U guys sound like your on Idzik's payroll. There is plenty of room for disagreeing with the present none moves. Many of us would have been happy with one of the free agents signing. Right now we have no choice but to wait.

Vilmalover51 likes this.
  2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Oh. I didn't know Asamoah signed.

3. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

more like that window is gonna slam shut

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets lost games last year not because the defense was bad but because the offense couldn't score points on a consistent basis. The reason the defense didn't sink the Jets despite subpar secondary play is that the front 7 was that good. (Well really the front 6 since Rex had an extra DB on the field more often than not.)

If the Jets can find 4 average players in the secondary, not even good players just average players, they're going to be good enough defensively to win. It's going to come down again to whether or not the offense can get it done on a regular basis.

Putting lots of money into the defensive backfield isn't going to make the Jets a better team. Not turning the ball over as much is going to make them a better team. Being able to consistently score points is going to make them a better team.

The Jets don't need a shutdown CB right now to get better. They need a wide-open WR on 3rd down. They need much better QB play. They need to get better at the point of attack on offense to match their greatness at the point of attack on defense.

I'm really glad the Jets didn't make a bunch of splashy signings on the defensive side that ate up the cap. That would have just left us where the Bucs were at the beginning of last year.

5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The guy I really want is Golden Tate, and now Revis (assuming he gets cut). I'm not pissed about the fact that we didn't get anyone today. Verner (even though he fits a zone better) would have helped, and the safeties who signed were good players who could have helped too. But it's not the end of the world that we didn't get anyone. Lets remember that this teams biggest needs are on offense. Plenty of guys still out there on that side of the ball. Plenty of defensive guys still out there also.

The biggest blow to the Jets today was not being able to lock up Howard before 4pm hit.

6. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Giants signed guys
    Colts resigned Davis
    Saints singed Byrd
    Niners made moves with bethea
    Falcons signed guys

Whatcha talking about brother? And why are you acting like the jets are a contender and some great team? We haven't made the playoffs in three years

NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Maybe they just don't want to pay a below-average pass blocker a bunch of money.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Just because their not tier 1 free agent signings, doesn't mean we wont find starters in free agency. It doesn't mean we wont find more quality depth at many other positions as well.

This is day 1 of free agency, it is bone headed to think that we wont fill any holes moving forward into this free agency.

Idzik has already told all of us his plan, so for people to act like they are so fucking surprised that Idzik isn't blowing his wad and over paying for players is bone headed. Free agency is all about finding low cost high reward players, it's about finding quality depth at every position. The draft will be the lifeline for this team, that is where we are going to find our stars. Not free agency.

I don't understand why that is such a hard concept for a lot of you.

To end this.

I'll take two different examples.

Seattle - Very similar approach to what you are seeing Idzik implement now. How did that work out for the Seahawks in the long run? Pretty good? Or...?

Jets (Tanny) - Always blew his load in free agency, put us in cap hell, fucked us out of talent on this roster, haven't been to the playoffs in three years.

So... The fact that you want to continue to the trend that hasn't worked out for any team *cough* Redskins *cough*, is bone headed.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So.. That's your list to prove someone wrong?

I think you just failed.

10. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Such an exciting day for Jets fans.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude. Unbelievable. You're gonna rue ever having said that one of these days. Book on it. To ignore you go.

12. John

John Active Member

would you guys sign decker for 6mil a year?

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

You misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Howard is a solid player on the rise, has potential. He's not worth what he's seeking though, he's still raw and needs to develop more, but he's young and the talent is there.

What I should have said was the biggest blow to the Jets was not being able to sign Howard back at their price.

14. Vilmalover51

You're to far to one end of the spectrum. Being patient certainly isn't a bad thing but not making a flinch towards any of the players we expected today is super shitty.

15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

For sure. 6 mil for Decker would be fair as oppose to 9-10 mil.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I agree offense was our biggest issue, that's obvious, but our secondary wasn't exactly all world and now it has actually gotten worse. That's bad. If Idzik completely revamps the offense and leaves us with a depleted secondary I can live with that. If he can't and our defenseman declines then we are worse off.

17. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

yes…so would a bunch of other teams… there for he would not choose us

18. John

John Active Member

haha i know he tried to prove me wrong and was saying falcons and giants are contenders. No giants and falcons are not contenders, me personally i dont find the colts to be contenders, saints are gonna be in cap hell once graham gets his contract and 49ers will also be in cap hell because they need to sign kaep, and a lot of defesive players

19. Vilmalover51

The post said no contenders made a big splash and I'm certain all those teams are contenders, what are you missing? Are you working in the jets PR department?

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Yes. But he wants 10M last I heard. I actually hope he signs with DET because thats one less team going after Watkins and Evans.