2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Shut the fuck up and stick a tampon in it already ya crybaby.

RuJFan and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He got the Defensive Rookie of the Year and a 4th round pick for a guy coming off a torn ACL and someone who is bitter with negotiations who was entering his contract season.

Likewise, he purposely signed released players last year(Colon, D. Landry, Barnes, Goodson) to get the comp. picks we might be receiving this upcoming draft.

He's pretty savvy. Might not be the best interview but who cares. He's mindf-ing the beat reporters and hardly any kind of future moves whisper has come from Idzik outside of maybe draft day with Geno Smith.

3. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Denver has emerged as the favorite to land former Dallas DE DeMarcus Ware, per league sources.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude, you are clueless. Sign him for whatever he wants? FOFLMAO

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Lmao they gave a 33 year old linebacker a 4 year deal and a 30 year old SS 7m a year.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Who was the beat writer someone quoted on here that was saying Idzik was going to be "aggressive"?

I really believe MJD would be an excellent addition. Think pass catching in the flat and in short range scenarios for YAC. That is a huge boost/safety blanket for Geno.

7. John

John Active Member

NYJATW
    chill out , you do realize browns overpay great players every year and look how thats worked out?

What successful franchise has made a big move today? NONE SO STOP BITCHING

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I can't fucking wait to draft a DL in the first round, followed by a TE bust. I love being a fan of this obviously smart team. Jesus fucking christ they should hire me. At least then they'd have somebody with an IQ of over 5.

9. John

John Active Member

hahaa obviously im kidding that was an exageration but i do want revis

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The Falcons are a good team, and signed 3 good players. The Dolphins are quite equal to us, and even they signed big time players TWO YEARS IN A ROW, to our ZERO.

11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Maybe we end up focusing mostly on offense for free agency, and then focus more on defense in the draft.

Just throwing out scenarios.

12. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Manish

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Its Day 1 and there's so many good players left. With Oakland, Cleveland and others spending, we now got the money and agents will come to us, not the other way around.

There will be players left out in the cold because of this initial splurge....we got one of the best motivating head coaches as well to entice these free agents.

We're in a hell of a spot :D. We haven't even released Sanchez yet and that can give us more room to wiggle with.

14. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Re: Schefter:

Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

15. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

MJD is 28 with the body of like a 48 year old. The Jags abused him. I want no part of him. Jets need to draft a speedback that can catch the ball to pair with Ivory, Powell.

16. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Now u just want attention ... Just stop bro ... Please

17. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I trust Idzik that he'll make the right moves. Trading Revis and drafting Richardson were looked at as terrible moves but now they look great.

That being said, it was widely reported they were interested in Vontae Davis, or possibly Verner. Just one CB they thought they'd definitely get, assuming the source is correct. And that didn't work. So I find it hard to believe free agency is going exactly like Idzik wants.

deerow84 likes this.
  18. John

John Active Member

falcons and dolphins are a lot worse than us , in a a year or two the dolphins will be back at 1 win a season because of the contracts they have been signing these last 2 years

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would love MJD as our 3rd down back.

He's a GREAT asset to have in regards to pass-protection. The guy understands what pass-blocking is all about

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Filling the roster with retreads isn't going to do us any good either. Who is going to play CB for us? What about S? If Howard leaves who comes in at RT? We need bodies. Doesn't mean you give a guy worth $5mil a comtract worth $10mil just because...on the flip side having a bunch of cast offs and $20+mil in cap space at the start of the season doesn't do us any good either.