2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

look RT is easier to replace then a wr.. we need a wr in the 1st round.. i don't care how deep the receiver class,, i don't want to bank this year on the potential of a late round player.. we just drafted a wr in the freakin 2nd round 2 years ago and he stinks!..2008 & 2009 was suppose to be a deep wr class.. limas sweed, james hardy, malcome kelly, brian roboiski,marcus henry, mohamed massaquoi, juaquin iglesias etc etc all sucked..

yes there are wr's that become good..you know who gets them good freaking teams that have players to fill the spot while the rookies learn and in 2-3 years become good.
    REX DOES NOT HAVE 2-3 YEARS

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yep. Time to fire Rex.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

As mentioned earlier, Zach Strief may be a possible replacement, but you're right the position is a concern.

jilozzo likes this.
  4. nevbeats319

ware.. peppers would play the same role as coples… ware def fits

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He fits well with a lot of teams given a good OC and scheme. The Jets aren't drafting 3 WR's and that's what they really need. Sanders would be an instant upgrade to this WR group as long as he doesn't break the bank.

6. nevbeats319

we could use ware on a fair contract.. peppers does not fit our scheme..but pace was fine last year he can fill until we have a younger replacement

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If we cut Sanchez we would have 49 million to spend.

Essentially:

Revis for $13 Million
    Byrd for $7.5 million
    WR for 4-8 million

That would leave us about $24 million to sign filler guys like potential RBs, WRs, etc. Now I would use the draft to draft a WR, TE, or even a LB in the first round. Use the 2nd round pick for a RB or another WR. Use the later picks for depth signing.

I firmly believe if you add Byrd and Revis to this defense, it can be really good and even great if Milliner can play at a high level. I would adress the offense in the draft and use some money in free agency to add a target. I believe the offense can improve production just by limiting the TOs and finding another target.

8. nevbeats319

lamar woodly would be a good get… honesty since rex is here he wants his edge players to be strong in the run and uses interior pressure

9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

A good RT is not easier to replace then a WR. The Jets need to address this as quickly as possible, and if not, they might have to look to the draft to replace Howard.

10. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Lmao

There's a rumor that the Raiders are signing Austin Howard for 5yrs, 35mil. Thank god we didn't sign him at that price.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is I should start thread in the Jets forums asking if Idzik messed up getting a replacement for Howard? ;)

I'm thinking if that "snails pace" report means Idzik working with agents and working up contracts. Because as of right now, some of our (according to beat writers) top targets are still available to be had. One reason might be talking with Idzik and etc. Who knows. It would have been cool to have big news at 4:00 EST, but again, as of right now most of the targets we have been linked to are available and new people like Ware are being available.

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

What do other free agents see when they see us going after Vick? Tells them we don't believe in Geno so why should they? lol

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You have to understand that when at team overpays for a free agent, it impacts the salary of every other player on the team. If the Jets give Verner or Byrd or Davis $10 million a year, then that ups the price of the players on the current roster that the Jets need to retain in the future. What does Wilks get paid if Davis is paid $10 million a year? Overpaying for one free agent by $1-2 million raises all boats by $1-2 million.

And, if you notice, it is the bottom of the league and teams that need to sell tickets and that go on the spending sprees- Cleveland, Miami, etc. Are playoff teams throwing money around?

This is not a fantasy auction where the Jets need to leave the table tonight with next year's roster. Let's wait and see what happens over the next 2-3 months, not the last 4 hours.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I replied to "Jilozzo", not you.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

How dare u attempt some common sense in here. Shame on u. :cool:

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Ware. Peppers can still get the job done but how much does he have left? 1-2 years?

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We have a lot to work with, we could sign two WR's and use our first round pick on a LB.

18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

It tells them the Jets FO is looking for a viable backup for Geno, so they can dump Sanchez and his hemroid of a contract.

Noam likes this.
  19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Cool story . I didnt ask u to give a crap. Thanks tho bro

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

good news. looks like the Vick talks have cooled off.

the Jets didn't bullshit him and said he will have an opportunity to compete but no guarantee to start.

Vick wants to start.