I would not be mad (Revis Offseason Thread)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by J_P_5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Getting the 1st round pick was a steal. In fact, getting a compensatory 3rd round pick for Revis leaving the Jets for the highest bidder in free agency this year would have only been marginally better than the 4th round pick that we're still going to get. And the front office didn't have to deal with the contract headaches. The Bucs were had, and that's part of why the guys who agreed to the trade don't work in Tampa anymore.

2. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

We got a first and fourth rounder for a player that is now a free agent, one year later. This trade was a STEAL.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The trade is a clear steal in retrospect. Saying the Jets have been had is wrong. While the Jets got screwed with the Vilma deal, this was a matter of the Bucs realizing they made such a big mistake that they'd rather have the higher pick and cap space over the player we traded them.

4. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Percy Harvin netted a 1, 3, and 7 and wasn't even the best offensive player in the league...though he also wasn't coming off an acl tear

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Very good.

The way that we let Cro go to me suggests that SOMEONE has talked to Rex n Co. As much as I would like Revis back, don't think this scenario pans out.

6. gustoonarmy

Now Tampa are the ones desperate to get him off the team, I wonder if they'd like their pick back for him?

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Some of you guys are happy we let 2 of the top corners in the NFL go...lol.. kinda sad.
    Revis makes our team better, I'm for it. Cro, if he still has something in the tank... i'm all for it.

U reaLLY THINK i GIVE A SH!T IF A GUY MAKES xxx$$? It's not your money, and He isn't "Strapping" the team!

Get off your damn pride box acting like Revis molested your dog.
    Seriously, some of you actually care way too much about a player you hate more than a team you (supposedly) love.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

100% you look into this, and 100% you take Revis back if the money is right.

I'll fully onboard with signing Verner, and he will cost a lot. If Revis can be had for comparable money, or slight more, you do it.
    Revis would bolster this defense more than any other current FA. He's the perfect fit at the biggest defensive position of need.

My only caution to the Jets, if any mutual interests exists with Verner or Shields, don't play games with them while waiting on Revis and his agents. If something can't be hammered out in a day for Revis, move on to one of those top available CB's.

TonyMaC likes this.
  9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Give him a contract offer, he takes it, we a all cheer for him and his league best CB play on reasonable terms, because the whole reason we let him go was because the terms absolutely WEREN'T reasonable, and NOTHING ELSE.

If he doesn't, we'll know whatever decision we make alternatively was the better one, and that nothings changed.

to NOT give a man thats a proven elite commodity ANY time of day because of hurt feelings is as ludicrous as overpaying for him to return immediately. Give him a chance to mend that burned bridge and give those concessions he rejected previously, one without the ability to holdout especially, and if he doesn't entertain the idea oh well move on.

hes not a locker room problem, He hasn't been known to dog it on the field, he still has lot left in the tank with the risk of injury being less a factor, he's just a headache in a GM"s office.

there is no reason not to be happy with a Revis return because, if our views on Idzik are correct, it means every problem we've had in the past has put on the sidelines.

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Shields already resigned with the Packers, unless you meant Vontae Davis.

I really think it'll come down to either us or the Raiders (with 60 mil or something to spend). Knowing Revis, he'll probably pick the Raiders, but hopefully he'll surprise me.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Ah didn't know Shields resigned.
    i agree Raiders may be likely landing spot. They have a ton to spend, could really use a big signing, and Revis would definitely go to any team that offers significantly more. If offers don't blow away Jets offer though, i think he'd love to rejoin Rex's D. There is a possibility. i just wouldn't delay on signing someone else like Verner if terms can be settled quickly.

12. gustoonarmy

Hmm, He's an east coast lad and is close with his family. I think we stand a good chance...unless Revis holds some kind of a grudge for being traded in the first place, he always said he wanted to stay a Jet.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF Revis is released and not traded I am pretty certain he will go toTHE HIGHEST bidder,,,,,is that us?

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Oakland is the only team with enough money and the least intelligence to give Revis what he wants and I so hope they do...that is exactly where he belongs.

15. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

The jets have the cap space to bring him back. He knows the defense and it is the best fit for him. I'm thinking he'd come back for 10mil per and some incentives.

16. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

No, they're not the only team with cap space. Philly is $24M under the cap and currently has the worst secondary in the NFL. Revis, despite playing for that bonehead Schiano, who did not utilize him properly for the first 5-6 games, still graded out as the No. 2 DB in football.

He can have much of his money converted to pro-rated bonus money. His contract is actually cap-friendly in this regard. I don't get the Revis hatred. He wanted to get paid like the best defensive player in the league, which he arguably was at that time. Tampa was ready to pay him and the Jets CHOSE to make the deal. It's a business. And it worked out for the Jets who got Shelly Shell to compensate for that bum Milliner. I'm sure you would have not considered a company offering you $16M but Revis does not have that level of fortitude. I just don't get the hate.

Revis was a stand up guy, kept his nose clean and never acted like a clown on the field. No dancing, taunting or foolishness. He loved being a Jet and embraced being a leader. He never misspoke or offended anyone in the biggest media market in the world. All while being in his early 20s. I respect him and wish him the best.

17. AbouToGoGRAham

AbouToGoGRAham New Member

I dont know why any of you guys are considering Oakland they wouldnt even sign there own talent.

18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I agree but I think he'll get traded. The guy is too valuable to let free in the market. I can easily see Philly or Dallas pulling the trigger on a trade.

19. Don

They have 64 million in cap space and must spend at least 89% of the 133 mil cap number under the new CBA. Who better to spend it on?

And lots of people including the Jets have cap space..the point was that only Oakland wouyld be stupid enough to give him what he wants and we all know Revis well enough by now to know what counts with him.

20. Don

Dallas is 1 mil under the cap...I doubt it. And he has less then 10 hours to work out a new deal with and prospective trade partner. Unlikely it happens and nobody will trade for his current contract, that's the whole point.