AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah you're probably right. That's what it has turned into for me as well. A show that I will turn on when bored to pass the time away. Watching people kill zombies is fun, but gets boring real quick.

It's hard to label it in a class with GOT, House of Cards, Shameless, etc. It just doesn't have that kind of story line that demands attention.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I do not subscribe to HBO or Showtime. Shows on those channels I buy on DVD if I think they are up my alley. I did this with Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Wire. I did see the pilot of True Detective during a free HBO weekend.

Anyway, for current shows that require some thinking, I watch Justified and Bates Motel. I gave The Following a chance last year and consider it the most ridiculous show I have ever seen. The Jetsons was more realistic for crying out loud. However, The Following is so off-the-wall pathetic and ridiculous that I have opted to keep watching it.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Holy crap--me too! So awful, but sometimes you just can't turn away. Some of the dumbest policework I've ever seen.

_

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I thought last episode was pretty good. My wife cried when Daryl was going all crazy and then started to say that he should have done more to stop it. I thought he was just being a dick but then it flips and you see how he really cares. The only thing I wish is that they fleshed out his back story more, all he said was he was just drifting around with his brother. I think it would have been more interesting if he actually was doing something, anything really...but oh well.

I'm also kind of wondering how they will end it. I just want everyone to meet up again. I assume that will happen before the end of the season but them just meeting up isn't exactly the climactic peak that you would expect for a season finale.

5. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

This half season has been the absolute worst. I can't believe this is the follow up to what I thought was a great first half of the season. Losing interest real fast.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

They make the characters often dumb as door nails in their decision making. Like when the scientist dude just picked up the rifle and sprayed the truck not even close to the walkers, and doesn't think to bring guns to the people as the walkers SLOWLY approach and he just stands there waiting. It's comical, but it's not supposed to be realistic, so who knows. I am interested in the Washington storyline. I believe it may answer some critical questions. But seriously, the guys are trying to save the world, yet take detour with Glenn because he's a stubborn idiot? Priorities people!

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Best episode of the season last night!! Seems as if everyone is on their way to terminus except Glenn and Daryl

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Glenn was standing right next to a Terminus sign at the end of the episode. I can't see why he would head away from it.

9. dawinner127

Must have missed that at the end. Whoops..

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This season is all discombobulated. I feel like the mid season finale should have been last season's finale and they are going to have to rush the rest of this plot. They should have spent this season developing the individual story lines as they are all split up. I just hope they don't wrap that washington thing up this season. I'd hate even more for it to be wrapped up in next year's mid season finale and then they start a new storyline halfway through again.

11. JStokes

Ok this show got officially freaky. What the hell just happened? This is very comic book like.

Holy crap.

_

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Second best now...

13. JStokes

+ 1. Watching Talking Dead now and there is none of the usual bantering.

Very solemn episode. The writers really knocked it out of the park tonite.

_

14. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Well, you don't see that on TV every day....

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't care for walking dead, but cm punk is on so I'm totally watching

16. dawinner127

Very good episode tonight. Getting annoyed that I'm not seeing Rick Carl and Michonne though.

17. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

This storyline was basically taken right out of the comics. The differences are in the comic it was twin boys and Carl kills the psycho one.

18. JStokes

Thanks. I haven't read the whole series but it felt like it was very comic like.

_

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The eulogy was quite appropriate after they played all the dead.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was telling my wife all week that Lizzie was going to die this week. Not sure why I thought it but just had a feeling.
    I absolutely did not see this coming though.