What are we waiting for??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Feb 28, 2014.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This reply should end the argument. Its about timing and why do it until you have to? Anything can happen and we don't need all the $ right now.

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Ugh, I actually agree with the OP if only because I'd rather not see Holmes back on this team at any price. He is washed up and adds nothing to the offense. There are plenty of healthy players out there that can offer that.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Oh yea well they are both gone and it is inevitable,there cap numbers are to high.And your point is a joke Sanchez and Holmes will be off the roster by the start of free agency,there's a reason we are waiting just not sure what it is

4. LongIslandBlitz

Its already been reported by multiple outlets that Holmes is a gonner any day now.And there's no way we don't draft a TE or WR in round 1 your theroy might of been right if we had a top 10 draft pick but we dont

5. LongIslandBlitz

Really?we will have 50. Mill in cap space after cuts and we are only gonna sign one free agent WR?I expect atleast 1 top guy available and midlevel guy not to mention a FA TE

6. LongIslandBlitz

Lol,he is still being evaluated because he is still on the team,they can't just not honor the contract of a guy they plan to cut.And plus he is injured so they have to follow protocol

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If he is truly still injured then even though he has no more guaranteed money in his contract I don't think the can just cut him, according to the CBA. They would need to reach an injury settlement with him.

I am not too well versed in the CBA so if someone with a little more knowledge of the subject has better info please let me know.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The best scenario at this point is that we sign Emmanuel Sanders, and cut / resign Holmes for cheap, and then draft a WR early. Tate & Maclin aren't available. Sydney Rice might be a cheap #4 option but I'd rather build via draft.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Those contracts will be either seriously renegotiated or Sanchez and Holmes will be cut before the bonuses are due. One can also hope that there is some interest for Sanchez, i.e. Cleveland or the like. Hell we might even get lucky and get a pick out of it.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

What argument is there for cutting him right now?

12. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

What argument is there for cutting him right now?

He's very overpaid. Coming off 2 seasons which he's been injured.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And he's 30. He's hit the trifecta of not-want-you-ness in the NFL pre-season roster game. He turns 30 tomorrow.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's not a reason to cut him right now, rather than right before free agency starts. /fail