2014 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 6, 2014.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

2. BakerMaker

He's still a bit of a project but he's got pretty good speed. Just needs more consistent hands and will need some time to get things straight with route running on the pro level....but its a really good fit in New Orleans with the right coaching/offensive scheme and of course a really good QB. I don't think he will do much year 1 but its more so about the future at the position.

I think he can be a red zone threat at the very least and take stress off of Graham(Taking they resign him which they outta do) in there. I feel the same about M. Bryant in this draft, big time project but at the very least he can be a tough matchup in the red zone for teams in year 1.

3. Yeah he has things to work on...like most WR prospects do. He just seems like one of those young steeler type of wr.solid physically with steady production.They always seem to snag a good wr in the later rounds that just need some time to round out their game.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

One pick to go!

I'll be completing the Players drafted by teams thread and maybe people can voice their opinion on the teams that did well.

I'll set up a separate thread later today.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I love Robert Herron, maybe not a huge need right now for the Broncos, but they may lose some players to FA.

Herron is someone the Jets should consider, he's a great returner too.

BTW, if I counted correctly, 16 WRs were drafted in our mock, shows the quality of depth at the postion in this draft.

6. BakerMaker

Really wanted to make the final pick but I could not stay on too long to do so. Thank you Laxin.

I am pretty happy to get Mettenberger there. He has a torn ACL but the Vikings needed a QB in the worst way after seeing 3 QBs go before their 1st pick. Mettenberger will probably get early season IR'd for 8 games while Ponder, Freeman and either Sanchez/McCown/Mallett(Whoever they sign) duke it out for the starting gig. Gives enough time for Mettenberger to digest Norv Turner's playbook, really hang around Norv Turner and begin to develop while he's rehabbing. He's a pretty decent enough QB and at the very least can be a really serviceable backup QB if all else fails.

7. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Putting my LSU fan goggles aside for now, the amount of improvement by Mettenberger from his junior year to his senior year is amazing. Still has some accuracy issues, but his decision making was light years ahead of what it was two years ago

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Herron was the guy I was planning to take with the Saints pick before I lost access to the board. Think he's an underrated player from a small school.

9. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Thanks everyone for letting me participate! Always a good time.

If people want to do some practice runs with multiple people feel free to try out the free game on my site cornerblitz.com. you can set up big boards for whatever teams you are controlling. The auto pick will be pretty weak until I get the team needs updated, though, but if you want to have a free manager, have at it.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great job all, especially you WW85. Man, I hated seeing all those prospective picks go by the boards in round one. You really did a great job sticking to BPA and yet still addressing needs in rounds 2 & 3. Lewan isn't a sexy pick, but would be bpa, excellent value, and if he can play LT as well as RT, would have solved the problem of replacing Brick, which I think needs to be done sooner rather than later. I really like Adams, so was delighted to get him in the 2nd. I think Niklas would be an excellent pick in the 3rd round. I really don't think the Jets need to get Ebron, Amaro or S-J, although I'd be very happy if the Jets did wind up getting either Ebron or S-J, but not so much with Amaro. I'd be very happy with Niklas or Fiedorowicz. Both are huge targets, excellent blockers and could step in and start immediately. Both would be excellent Red Zone targets as well. Smith isn't the ideal OLB prospect that I'd like to see the Jets get, but was an excellent choice and I'd be quite happy with him. I'd love to add Barr or Clowney but know there's no way that would ever happen. I'd love to add Ford, if his value raises to #18 post-Combine. I'd also love to add Van Noy. I'm not sure where his ranking will go post-Combine, but I can't even remember the last LB the Jets had who was really good in coverage. There are 3 positions at which I'd like to see the Jets double dip in this draft if they don't address them in FA: WR, OLB and TE.