Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't need Rex to "re-focus" them?

What do you think a head coach does?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Rex gets some blame but there's no reason that team should have come out flat in the biggest game of the year. shouldn't need a coach to motivate them to get ready for a title game.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...but it couldn't hurt.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

YOU would've left..... too bad: you wouldn't have "WATCHED THE GAME"

I was also at that "incredible" game, and I know where and (cynically-speaking) WHY you're going down that particular road.

Because I've read you going down that same San Diego playoff road.

5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Flat coming out of the gate is on the coach. Flat for an entire half,... I think that's gotta be on the team.

Rex got into them at half time and they woke up. I think the team was emotionally spent from the NE game, and took an inspired Rex speech at half time to wake em up.

:beer:
    Thoroughly enjoyed the last few pages of discussion, So long as you totally ignore BigBlocker.

#2365 Ajitator, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

rex ryan messed up by making that game the superbowl for the jets that year. they put everything they had into that game, it meant almost too much. and they shot their entire load and were not able to recover.

i am sure rex wasnt leading the group trying to keep the guys grounded and working hard for hte next week. they felt they were the cats meow, and rex was a big part of them thinking that.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

You want to know who got the biggest emotional lift from that game? The Steelers! They went from having to take the inevitable trip to New England, against the Patriots who had already killed them in Pittsburgh and have owned them historically, to getting a home game against the Jets who were not as big of a mismatch. Imagine them watching that game? they probably were like "oh shit we gotta go to New England, on the road, seasons going to end" to "Yes we get to stay home all week, play a team we can beat, dont have to leave our houses, in our building, etc."

There wasnt a Steelers fan alive who thought they wouldnt be going to New England, and as it turns out, not only did they get to avoid New England, they GOT A HOME CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. So frustrating, the same EXACT thing happened in 2008. The Steelers were going to head to Tennessee who killed them earlier in the year but instead got to host a championship game against the Ravens. Talk about a LUCKY, LUCKY franchise. Both years the 1 seeds got dropped by the 6 seeds, thus giving the Steelers a home championship. The Steelers as we know them today wouldnt have half the credibility if they weren't given such great opportunities. I honestly wish sometimes that they would have had to take that trip to New England.....

#2367 soxxx, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If Favre stays healthy in 08 I think we matchup well enough with the Steelers that I think we beat them. Plus we'd be the home team.

The Steelers in the Super Bowl is the lesser of the two evils.

9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I watched every Jet game that Sanchez ever started and I'd be surprised if he hit 10 guys in stride. The guy was dog shit. He could sometimes hit guys that were open and occasionally when he threw it down the field one of the guys wearing green would catch it instead of the other team. He is worthless. How amazing would it be if a stat were kept for that? Guys hit in stride per pass attempt. You could be sure that to get to Sanchez on the historical list you'd have to go to page 20.

#2369 Frenbar, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That was such a terrible ending to the year. We shouldn't have even beaten Buffalo. Then the last game of the season was win and Patriots make the playoffs or lose and the Dolphins make the playoffs. What a terrible year.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I don't understand how Sanchez still commands that small band of ardent supporters, but I never understood the T-Boy followers either.

Consider for a moment that you've been going to the same restaurant for twenty years and in 2009 they hired a new chef whose performance mirrored that of Sanchez. Would ANY of you still be customers today?

12. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I understand your comparison BUT that would mean everything including the chef sucked from end of 2011 to 2012 season. The waiting staff, managing, decor, ambience, prices, etc

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I thought we were SB bound after beating the Titans on the road.
    But when I go to a restaurant and the food sucks I'm not thinking about the circumstances of why the food sucks, I just think the chef sucks.

14. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Except at this restaurant, in each of the past four years you have been a customer, the manager has decided to focus on selling a different cuisine, and the business manager is buying the produce and meat from a lackluster supplier. In fact, in what the business manager thought was a brilliant move during the restaurant's short lived Italian phase, he decided against purchasing fresh Parmesan for the bottled, that another restaurant tried to use but stopped after they noticed a decline in customer satisfaction, and also will be using canned tomato sauce instead of freshly made in-house marinara. Oh, the business manager also decided to bring in Guy Fieri to help in the kitchen.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

If that was your local restaurant that you'd been going to since you were a kid and you had one PHENOMENAL meal there as a 10 year old but in the succeeding 40+ years it had pretty much sucked and they brought in this brand new rookie chef (and a new maƮtre d, new waitstaff, new furnishings) and his appetizer was great, the pasta course was bad, the main course was up and down but some of it was pretty good and the dessert was great- and you had high hopes for the restaurants resurgence?

Yup.

_

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The only comparison the Jets have with a bad restaurant is they both make customers sick to their stomachs...

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

looks pretty good to me!

[​IMG]

18. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Well said!!!

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You could say the waitresses are hot, except that would mean the Flight Crew...

nevermind

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So you're one of those literal guys I was talking about. 1100 completions and only 10 were in stride. Followed by the obligatory dogshit childishness.

Nice.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.