2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Oh he has a plan all right, but it includes an 18-game schedule which you kind of have to get by the union over their dead bodies first.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't know why they can't go back to an 18 week schedule where every team gets two byes like they did in 93. This would benefit the players. There would be an extra week of tv revenue. I don't like what Goodell is doing as commissioner. I hate the extra playoff team idea. I hate the 18 game schedule idea. I hate the team in London idea....

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree with this, while evan is a complete fucking cornball at times and joe says bro a thousand times an hour they are still the best thing to listen to from a sports perspective on that station. and they do their own little things that keep people interested.

its actually amazing how well they do during fatsos timeslot and how many people are so happy to talk to them instead of the fat man.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I hear ya man. Driving home from work sucks for sports. I can't stand Kay or Francessa. Both guys interrupt callers and don't even let them make their point before going off on a rant about it.

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I have one word for all you people complaining about local sports radio - Sirius/XM. I got it over 3 years ago and never listened to the local bozos again. No more Fatman, no more idiotic Carton, no more one trick pony Kay. I couldn't take the constant Jet bashing and then the 24/7 baseball talk which is dangerously borrrrrrrinnnng while driving. All NY talk radio is baseball, baseball, baseball, some basketball, more baseball, and then football conversation by hosts who only know baseball.

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Nothing is worse than basketball talk

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I stopped following it with this season. The regular season is boring. Unless you are mesmerized by the players' athletic abilities or you are a degenerate gambler, it is pointless to watch.

You can pin the NBA Finals champion down to 1-3 teams almost every season in October. This season, Indiana, Miami or Oklahoma City will win the title, probably Indiana.

8. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

it amazes me how little francesa discussed the jets during this past season. when he does talk about them it's in so little detail it doesn't matter. i can't count the number of times he has had an NFL guest like a glazer or aikman on and he never brings up the jets.

HELLO...this is a NY radio station. talk about the Jets. no one needs to hear about how much you love Mistah Luck.

Football Friday is supposed to preview the games yet I can't recall him ever previewing a Jet game.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

what a gigantic pile of shit that Thursday package is.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It's funny, but two byes would be a win-win for all. One extra week of regular season TV revenue and the players don't have to play any extra games. It's odd that they haven't done that yet (or haven't in 21 years).

#1870 LeonNYJ, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing myself. Let's go back to adding multiple bye weeks. You will give players some rest breaks during the season. NFL will still collect the TV revenue.

The NFL Draft out draws the NBA Playoffs. As much as I love football, this fact just continues to blow me away. The general public would rather watch NFL Coaches & Executives sit around in suits & announce draft picks. ANYTHING the NFL throws on TV does well. Most of us bash the Pro Bowl but it was still one of the stronger TV programs (ratings-wise that week).

If the Jets play 16 games a season but the NFL regular season is 18 weeks, I am definitely watching all 18 weeks of regular season football. I know that I'm not alone. Football fans will gladly watch other teams play if they have their team if off.

===
    Keep the 4 preseason games. Give up on 18-game schedule & focus on 18-week season (with 16 games). Also, with the extra length added to the ending of the season, the NFL will have additional weeks to slap on those Saturday games which enables them to dominate the entire weekend TV-wise.

#1871 ajax, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Sirius/XM us one of the best things I've ever purchased. It feels so damn luxurious to turn on radio & hear some decent NFL talk. As much as I hated Francessa, I couldn't listen to Kay. His program just sucked.

13. jonnyd

the fat man is arrogant, annoying, retarded, ugly, stupid and fat. That said, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE get him back on tv ASAP. I wont turn the radio on- I work from home in front of my tv. This Mike Kay show is the worst sports show Ive ever heard in my life. Id rather listen to that douchebag, Steve Somers. Francessa is 4 billion miles better than this Kay---man, does his show suck balls

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Francesa said today that his return to TV is real close. Hes doing the show at the hotel so he didnt want to detail it but he said he would talk about it next week. Sounds like a deal is in place.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well that was LOL worthy. Francesa was interviewing Texiera right after the news broke that Arod had turned down his lawsuits.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Dave Winfield: Mr. May
    Reggie Jackson: Mr. October
    Derek Jeter: Mr. November
    Mike Francesa: Mr. Thursday

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its like someone wrote this post for me. DITTO X 10

18. jonnyd

you have no idea who or what I like. When I was 14, I thought the more football on tv, the better. But the fact is, TNF is complete garbage. Its the NFL diluting its own product for a few extra bucks. Tell me how many good games were played last year on Thursdays---hint: Buffalo/Cleveland or Jax/Houston were not good ones

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

That might change though now that Nantz and Simms are calling the games. I dont think CBS would be happy if they have their 2 most credible guys calling garbage games, it would hurt the credibility of Nantz and Simms imo.

20. jonnyd

I guess CBS can pull some of the better Sunday match-ups they have and move them to Thursday. I still don't need 12 hours of football on Sunday, Monday game and then a Thursday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.