schefter: jets have interest in michael vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Feb 2, 2014.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that is ridiculous. serving your legal penalty in no way obligates anybody to believe he shouldn't be judged by his actions. jail is punishment, not an erasing of your criminal actions.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you don't think he'd help the team I get that. It makes much more sense to me than not wanting someone who could help the team because they were a dickhead.

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Come on man, You're telling me she's completely not at fault?? Even though she willingly got into his bed took his clothes off and then didn't say anything during the "rape" or afterwards to the people who were in the room?

My point was that I would hope that I raised my daughter better then that. Don't be a jerk and make this a personal attack, we're just having a conversation here.

If you don't want to be involved with someone sexually you don't get into their bed and take your clothes off for him. That's a pretty simple thing to stick to and I will hope that I've taught my daughter enough about life to never get into a situation like that. Like I said it sounds to me like she was trying to grab attention. At any point if she really felt as threatened as "rape" makes it sound there would have been charges.

But I digress, The whole point here is that I don't want VIck on the team for a number of reasons, even football related ones. But I can't sit back and watch people here defend the guy because he might be able to get us another W at the end of the season.

No thanks.

4. Doink Bell

Doink Bell Banned

He's not a repeat offender, and he served his time. Are people not allowed to learn from their mistakes on your planet?

I would agree with you if he started up Bad Newz Kennels the minute he finished his sentence. That clearly isn't the case here.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sounds like she was asking for it to me.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Did we have to post a picture of the mangled dog's face?

I cant get that out of my head now...Thanks

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wait until I post the mangled vag

#127 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  8. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Literally LOL'd :) Hopefully no one at work asks why. Haha

9. JetBlue

the difference is ultimately a thing called integrity.

I think someone who wants to win at all costs, regardless of a player's behaviors, attitudes, actions, lacks integrity. because winning is more important than anything.

but some people believe that, at the least, they don't want to win if it means requiring players who kill animals or commit other violent criminal acts. there is nothing to criticize of that position, unless you want to criticize the belief in integrity.

10. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

just gotta say: fuck you, offseason.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Someone with good character wouldn't have done that crap to begin with. Just because he's not doing it again (or hasn't been caught), doesn't mean that he's not doing something else nearly as bad.

Some of you guys act as if the team is desperate, has no talent, and has to grasp at straws, taking whatever to try to help the team. It isn't desperate. It doesn't need locker room cancers like Britt, and it doesn't need former criminals like Vick. There are plenty of other football players that can help this team.

Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. IMO Vick should never have been allowed back into the NFL. He can do something else to make a living.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you're questioning my integrity because I think Vick could help the Jets and I don't give a shit if he's a dirtbag?

I long for your high moral ground.

13. JetBlue

not the issue being discussed.

and your position has an inherent hypocrisy. who cares if someone is a repeat offender? by your own criteria that serving your criminal sentence should be sufficient for someone to not be bothered by their acts, if they serve their second sentence then they have equally paid their second penalty, so even being a repeat offender should not be an issue for you, yet you bring it up as if it is a criteria that would then permit opposition to him.

you don't get to have it both ways.

whether he ceased to commit those criminal acts after his punishment doesn't make his original acts go away. nobody is saying he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL, just that they, personally, would not want him part of the team they play for.

14. JetBlue

I did not create the definition of integrity or the qualities it pertains to, so it is not my high moral ground.

integrity has an absolute definition. if you have a problem with how your personal beliefs do not fit the definition of a long established word used to represent defined qualities and beliefs present in human beings, that is your own problem.

your only option is to dispute the value or integrity and assert that lacking it is nothing to be ashamed of. but you simply cannot dispute that your beliefs lack integrity.

15. Doink Bell

Doink Bell Banned

I'm not advocating for him to play here. He's a huge injury risk. The Jets need a QB that can withstand a 16 game season.

I'm just saying he's paid his debt to society. I'm tired of hearing the whining about what he did. We get it, now get over it.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're a funny guy sometimes.

Tell me, if I don't give a shit that their are a bunch of scumbags in the NFL and continue to enjoy and support the league, does that make me a man lacking integrity? Where do you draw the line? I'm very concerned that I'm lacking integrity but not really.

#136 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I could see it.. He know MM system and would be good for Geno

18. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

bring him in! If Geno doesn't play too well I can see come in and cause some problem for those soft AFC teams.

19. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I would start Vick over Geno. The kid needs another year to learn NFL stuff.

If we have Vick as a backup people will be begging for Vick when Geno screws up.

We need to be a tough D and run first team. Vick's problem is that teams lean on him too much. Good defense, good power running game and let Vick do the rest. That's what Seattle does with Wilson.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I could give a shit less wheher he participated in dog fighting. He is brittle, and before all this dog fighting shenanigans he was a fucking dick. We can gain nothing by signing him. Draft a QB.