Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Seattle would be fools not to trade Wilson & Harvin for Sanchez and a 5th.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Where do you get your drugs?

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Good OC or bad OC is irrelevant. A QB must make good decisions and Sanchez doesn't, he's got a slightly above average NFL arm, but not the rocket arm he seems to think he has. He's indecisive with the ball and he's not accurate with his ball placement, and after 4 years he still misreads even basic defensive schemes far too often. These three things are important regardless of what type of OC a player has. Not to mention he's always been horrible with ball security.

Yes he's had a few good moments, he's even had a few WOW moments...but 4 years of starting almost any QB will have some WOW moments, Matt Flynn comes to mind.

4. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Indecisiveness and inaccuracies can absolutely be related to the OC. Same way Vik went from a 55% passer to a 65% passer with a change of OC. I'm not saying that Sporano and Shotty are 100% at fault for Sanchez but you can't say they are irrelevant either. WCO plays to Sanchez strengths which were always his footwork and timing / rhythm throws.

Shottys system was far to complicated for Sanchez in his early years as the system was built around a cerebral QB ( Pennington ) who was able to break down defenses quickly at the line based on shifts and disguise. Sanchez was *NOT* a cerebral QB coming into the league ( still isn't ) and everyone knew that.

Sporano's system wouldn't lend itself to anyone. I don't know how many times Sanchez would complete a string of passes just to have Tebow trot out and run it up the guy twice to leave Sanchez with a 3rd and 12. I don't know how any QB could expect to succeed is said situation.

I don't follow the Matt Flynn / Sanchez comparison at all. What do the two have to do with each other?

People look past that Sanchez only started 16 games in college. He's entering his 6th year as a full time starter in any capacity and is still only 27 years old. He's a student of the game and has been the consumate professional / team mate despite all the crap ( Jets FO ) happening around him. Outside of signing his bloated contract he's done nothing but try and help this team win in his 4 years starting.

Andy Dalton 87 career starts
    Andrew Luck 83 career starts
    Mark Sanchez 81 career starts

I honestly don't think it's so easy to say that we've seen his ceiling. He's a young student of the game with plenty of tread left on the tires who's had some success early in his career. Why give up now?

We can't blame Sanchez for the Jets trading up to get him, when he obviously had some growing to do, or for Mike T giving him the 2nd most boneheaded contract in team history for no reason.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep, it's all been said before on both sides of the Issue That Is Muck.

Only thing left is what day he will be cut. Any predictions?

I'm not a big one for Champagne, but I've got a bottle in the fridge. I think it sounds like a great idea to open it up the day Sanchez is cut.

Not that I hate Sanchez the person, though. Heh.

6. Ajitator

edited: nvm, he's not worth it.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Cut him as soon as possible. He'll then sign with a team as a backup.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That would be affirmative.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

When is the exact day he can be cut? Is it March 11?

10. Ajitator

He can be cut whenever, there are a few teams that have already started cleaning house.
    IMO, They trying to find value in him, either by trade or restructure. They have a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You sound ascared.

_

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He has to get cut and fast. TGG street cred is on the line.

13. The 1985er

Obviously I expect Idzik to attempt to trade him. But when he gets no serious offers, they need to get rid of him ASAP. It's time to move on.

14. The 1985er

Ex-Jets: Time for team to boot Sanchez

NEW YORK -- The New York Jets soon have to make a decision on quarterback Mark Sanchez. Based on an informal poll of former players-turned-analysts (including ex-teammates) on "Radio Row" at Super Bowl XLVIII, it's a no-brainer:

Sanchez has to go.

Sanchez
    "Nothing against Mark, but his time in New York is over," said Tony Richardson, who played with Sanchez on the 2009 and 2010 playoff teams. "For Mark and the organization, it's time for a fresh start. He deserves a fresh start. It would be hard to put people in the stands if you go back to the table with Mark."

Bart Scott, another former teammate from the playoff years, said a Sanchez-Geno Smith competition (essentially, a repeat of 2013) would create problems in the locker room.

"Sanchez has to be the star because he's still in his prime," said Scott, who believes the Jets should pursue Matt Schaub, who could be released by the Houston Texans. "Schaub understands where he's at in his career. He's a gate keeper. Sanchez thinks he can play for another eight, nine years. That created a tension."

Anthony Becht never played with Sanchez, but he follows the team closely and said, "It's time to move on. If somebody wants him in a trade, fine. If not, just cut him."

The Jets have to make a decision by March 25, when a $2 million roster bonus is due. Sanchez is signed for three more seasons, but his cap charge ($13.1 million) is prohibitive. Chances are, they will part ways with their former starter, who is recovering from shoulder surgery. They could try to trade him (that would mean renegotiating the contract) or, failing a trade, they can just release him to save $8.3 million against the cap.

"I can't imagine Mark Sanchez will be back with this team," said former NFL MVP Rich Gannon, who worked several Jets games for CBS. "A lot of players go through it. I had to go somewhere and get a new start. ... I don't think he'll want to come back and be a backup and I don't think you can run him out as a starter. I think his cap number will prevent him from being part of this team."

Former New York Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer said Smith "is just better than Sanchez. Throwing-wise, I think Geno has a bigger arm. Geno is a better decision-maker even though he has made some bad decisions. I just don't think you bring Mark Sanchez back. You move on. He had his time here. He had a lot of opportunity to play. If you think he's going to get better ... I don't."

I agree with the bolded statements.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't disagree w/ a lot of what they are saying, it very ell may be in the best interests of both to move on but I will hate seeing him succeed elsewhere.

as far as Toomer, the man said Romo was better than Eli last year. I think that tells us all we need to know about his opinions of QBs.

16. The 1985er

They're both 2nd tier QB's so it really doesn't matter who's better AND Romo had the better season this year.

As for Sanchez why are you and others automatically assuming he'll succeed next year or any year after? I'm not worried about Mark.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am not assuming he will succeed next year, I do assume he will succeed at some point in the coming years. He's a good QB and he's still young. Only the Jets would give up on a guy like that.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

March 25th is cited as the drop dead date. And I understand the logic in trying to trade him before cutting him. But I doubt anyone will do a trade.

So how many days before the 25th will he be cut? We should do an over under.

Champagne is still in the fridge.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.