Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion (Broncos vs Seahawks)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Poeman, Jan 19, 2014.

?

Who wins Super Bowl XLVIII?

1. Broncos

50 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Seahawks

27 vote(s)
    35.1%
  1. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Certainly no offense to soxxx but predicting Seahawks-Broncos was pretty much betting the chalk. They were teams that were close last year and both were considered to have strong off-seasons (Welker, Harvin, Avril etc). They were the hot preseason pick and for once it happened to pan out this time.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

There is not a QB in the game today who gets the ball out quicker than Manning.

_

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well I want to see if Seattle can get a pass rush with the front 4. This will make it really difficult for Peyton because Seattles secondary is so good that having a 7th guy behind the Dline will make it hard.

This is truly the ultimate test for Peyton Manning, if he can take this defense apart, it would be something to watch.

4. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Sherman has yet to see a quarterback like Manning throwing to a receiver like Demariyus. Sherman is good, but all his picks have come against shit quarterbacks.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Peyton won't throw to Sherman, because he has Decker, Welker, and J. Thomas out there. Wilson has been struggling as of late, and I doubt they can survive a potential shootout with Manning. The only thing holding the Broncos back is the weather.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Just watching channel 7 and early forecast for Super Sunday is light snow-sleet mix with temps around the freezing mark. That's going to make for quite a debate for no more cold weather outdoor SB's after the game if that forecast holds up.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I think the debate is already over - it's already clear that it's going to be down in the 20s, and that will be more than enough to make sure that it never happens again.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

And the number 1 defense in the NFL.

The entire defense of the Hawks is solid, it is not just Sherman. The quick hitters that Peyton likes to fire will be covered, and the time won't be there for the deep balls.

Hawks will be able to run the ball down the Bronco's throat, they'll probably have over 35 minutes of time of possession, limiting Peyton's opportunities.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Eh won't be the first time Peyton shits on the #1 defense in the league. I think the Broncos have too many weapons. Lynch will have to carry the Seahawks for sure, and even so the Broncos have done an excellent job stopping the run in the playoffs.

Should be an excellent matchup, but if the weather is ok - Manning and the Broncos will take the SB.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Look im not trying sound like a smart ass or anything, but you guys are acting like i'm completely oblivious to what Peyton Manning is capable of. I'm aware of what he has done, what he has accomplished, his overall QB IQ, his ability to read defenses, etc. At the same time though back in 2009 the Indianapolis Colts entered the Super Bowl as the favorites and were ultimately derailed because of a crucial mistake by Peyton Manning.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that's going to keep the Broncos in the game is their rush defense which is not bad. I think the game has blowout in favor of the Seahawks written all over it but I think the Broncos will keep Marshawn Lynch in check for most of the game and keep the game close.

The Seattle secondary is the best in the NFL right now and Peyton Manning is going to be held in check also.

If the Broncos win it will more likely be due to Russell Wilson having a bad off day than to Manning having a great one.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So a mistake 5 years ago on another team is what you are hanging your hat on.

Makes sense.

_

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im allowed to hang my hat on it because the man who threw the interception is the same man playing next Sunday.

Time will truly tell.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

As much as I'd like to see a great defense beat a great offense to shit on the "passing league" preconceptions, I think Peyton will be too much for the hawks to overcome. I already put money that the SB outcome would be Broncos beating Seahawks before the AFC championship so if that happens I'll make a nice 5/1. Go Peyton. Get that 2nd ring.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yep, it's not just Sherman, it's also Irvin and their front line. They have great pass rush, which makes Sherman better, since QBs under pressure make more mistakes. This should be a really good game.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Interestingly enough all the talk leading up to that SB was about how Manning was now the greatest of all time, how this SB would coronate him as such. This time is a little different b/c instead of top 3 weapons this time he has the top but he is playing so much better this postseason than 2009 but the questions will always be there until he finishes this thing off. If he has a 2009 SB performance all the good he did the last 2 games will be forgotten.

he has a lot of pressure on him this game but he also has the best team.

17. nyjunc

They have a true big time D, this is a great matchup w/ O vs. D.

18. nyjunc

1997 ne & gb

19. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I'm leaning towards Seattle because this game on paper reminds so much of the Gruden bowl. #1 Defense in Tampa vs #1 Offense in Oakland and Defense beats offense.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Alright thanks I wasnt watching NFL back then. The Broncos and Seahawks both have wierd scheduling quirks

-Both played the Giants this season in the Meadowlands
    -Both play each other next season in Seattle
    -The Broncos come back to the site of the Super Bowl next year against the Jets

If Seattle wins, is it safe to assume the season opener would be the Denver game? I cant see them putting the 49ers game the first week considering that matchup will have a ton of steam no matter when its played.