Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Sanchez doesn't have starting QB talent. He is a backup at best.

2. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

If he ends up with the Browns that will tell what your old DC thought of him.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

only to tell them how average of fans they are for not liking the signing.

4. alleycat9

rex ryan is the head coach have the new york jets?

5. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Don't count out the Rams. The bloom is off the Bradford rose, and I could see a Schotty reunion.

6. alleycat9

oh man that would be the ultimate built in excuse for when he fails again.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

But why would Sanchez want to sign with the man that "held" him back?

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Yes... Because the Rams have a wonderful recent track record of QB success that anything short of it is unthinkable.

9. The 1985er

You guys will always make excuses for him. Sanchez is fine it's just everything else around him is the problem.

10. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

If Sanchez fails (again), there will always be excuses. We Sanchez "haters" (I prefer to think we're Sanchez realists) should just give up.

I challenge all Sanchez haters to just let this die. If we stop talking about it, then they have to stop talking about it. Feel free to resurrect it in a couple of years.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Texas is unlikely, they're almost 100% certain to go with Bridgewater or Bortels, small chance of Johnny football if they trade down.
    Vikings are a small chance, at best he'd be in competition for the starting job.
    Rams, are unlikely. The word before Bradford's injury was they were looking to extend his contract and cutting him would result in a 7 million cap hit, give or take. While he's not been a good numbers QB he's been overall better than Sanchez and hasn't been the turnover machine sanchez has been over his career. That and if they're really not happy at QB they'll either take Bortel or Bridgewater in the draft and that would push Sanchez out of the picture.

The most likely teams are the Jags and the Raiders, at least for him to be the leading candidate to be starter going in to camp, maybe the Browns but I suspect They'll draft one of the top 3 QB's in the draft, if they do no way does Sanchez have a shot at being starter.

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I challenge everyone, Sanchez haters, fanboys, realists (unlike your definition, this is the term that should actually be used for those fans who don't make any claim on whether Sanchez is good or not but say it impossible to know due to obvious reasons) to stop talking about Sanchez until we know what is going to happen. At this point it is the same hypothetical conversation over and over,
    Side one: he sucks, fan boys, excuses, worst QB to ever play, he'll never start another game again, etc
    Side two: he can be good, no offensive talent, lack of coaching, playoffs, etc.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You can blame the environment for any player's failure esp at Qb. You could say that Ryan Leaf would have been great if he had gone to any team but the Chargers. On the other side you could say that Peyton Manning would have been a scrub if he hadn't gone to Indy. Or you can say that it's up to the player to adapt to the people, game plan, etc. and show his talent and ability. In the majority of cases most Qbs who are starters and then cut don't make it with another team. But not all the time. Some guys end up having good careers. IMO Mark won't but he will get a chance. I hope not with the Jets.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Not true, both Polian and Bethard just said last week they knew when Leaf was coming out there was something wrong with him mentally/maturity-wise.

That guy was going to be a massive failure irrespective of the team he went to.

It was in his makeup and his flameout was inevitable.

_

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If Beathard knew it then why did they draft him. I'm not comparing Mark to Leaf there is no comparison. Mark's 10x better than Leaf was on and off the field. I'm just giving an example of using the blame game as his fans always do. Never blaming him just anything and everyone else. What I'm saying is that you can never guarantee the perfect scenario for anyone. The player has to make something out of the situation. And to me the Jets gave Mark every possible chance in the book. They wanted him to be great.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Chargers drafted Leaf because they had to have a QB more than they needed a good player on the 2 pick. This is a common mistake that NFL teams make and several may make the mistake of reaching for a QB this season.

There are not 3 or 4 really good QB's in this draft primed to go in the 1st round. There are more like 1 or 2. There may be 3 or 4 good QB's in the draft but the odds are that 1 or 2 of them are mid to late round picks at this point.

At least one team is going to draft a Locker/Ponder/Gabbert type up high and almost immediately fall into an abyss of their own making. Given who is drafting up high this year they're already there most likely and the dead cat bounce over the edge is really going to suck.

17. The 1985er

But wasn't maturity apart of the reason Marino slipped in 83?

18. mwojet

mwojet New Member

At least with the rookie wage scale, drafting an abyss-type QB isn't a multi-year death sentence for your franchise...

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

People act like its Sanchez's fault we didnt win a Super Bowl.

SMH, tell me who was the best Jet player in both championship games?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you're in Jacksonville it is. Say hello to the London Jaguars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.