Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

One was terrible, the other was average at best. The 2 after that were terrible. What's your point?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This is pretty funny. Oh wait, Aren't you the guy that had lunch with Woody the other day?

_

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The reason why it may appear as people getting excited is because there are fans out there that hate Sanchez so much that they can't even acknowledge Sanchez was winning the competition at the time. The margin can be debated but to have watch the preseason games up to that point and conclude that nothing was decided is IMO as stupid as Rex putting him in the game to put #s against scrubs.

Prove something like he is better?

Matthew Stafford
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman
    Sam Bradford
    Tim Tebow
    Cam Newton
    Jake Locker
    Blaine Gabbert
    Christian Ponder
    Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin
    Ryan Tannehill
    Brandon Weeden
    EJ Manuel

While he did not come out of the gate looking like a HOFer, let's not act like Sanchez is the worst QB drafted in the first round either. The list above are only the thought to be franchise QBs drafted in the first round since he's been in the league. At least we got 4 playoff wins out him. Half full or half empty.

You have interesting viewpoint on failure.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i disagree on why rex put mark out there at that point in that giants game. the way i view it is that everyone wanted to get geno in there to start the season, rex wanted his guy. geno went out and laid a pretty big egg and i viewed it as rex sending in sancho who was not warmed up to show them all that mark could come in and lead the team to tds against the same team that geno struggled against and prove them all wrong.

it backfired on him. if i were his boss it would have been the point i decided he needed to be fired.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

As much as I would absolutely love to see him take a pay cut, even if Idzik wanted to keep him, there is absolutely no way in hell he stays on board here. When you have guys like Mark Brunell, who have played with him and on this team, saying he needs a fresh start out of NY, it kinda makes things clear that he sure as hell won't want to be here either.

Kid has a HUGE heart for this game. I will be sad to see him go honestly. I would have absolutely LOVED for him to turn his career around here and become the face of this franchise.

6. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I don't really have a point because I only commented in this thread to point out a comment on Mark Sanchez's career that made zero sense - based on what was written.

But - I guess if I had a point to argue regarding this little conversation between the two of us, it would be that it appears that you have little ability to wrap your mind around the complexity of cause and effect. Mark Sanchez sucks - it had nothing to do with anything other than Mark Sanchez. Cotchery and Thomas Jones!!!

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I remember when Chad's time had come to an end in New York. He was clearly better than Kellen Clemens, but fans turned on him. He was going to start in 08, but who knows how long it would have lasted. Instead, Favre was acquired, and Chad was cut in August. He went on to lead a 1-15 Dolphins team to an 11-5 record and an AFC East division title. I expect something similar to happen for Sanchez. Only difference is the Jets don't have a future Hall of Fame QB replacing Sanchez.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Sanchez would have been the starter had he not got hurt. I've never debated that. In fact I was agreeing with your initial point.

Better then a rookie QB and journeyman QB's. I dont care if he is better then Matt Moore or Shaun Hill, or whoever you can name. The point is, it doesn't prove anything. Saying Mark Sanchez is better then Charlie Batch doesn't prove a point. The majority of the rookie QB's to come out the last 2 seasons and start were better then Sanchez. But i'm sure it will be debated because hey "Mark won 4 playoff games back in 2009 and 2010".

Russell Wilson
    Andrew Luck
    RGIII
    Nick Foles (by year 2)
    Ryan Tannehill

All better. And to be fair i'd probably take my shot with some of those journeyman QB's out there over Mark anyway.

Matthew Stafford- Every GM would take him over Mark

Josh Freeman- Bad like Mark

Sam Bradford- I would take him over Mark

Tim Tebow- Everyone killed that pick when it was made. I shouldn't have to explain Tebow. Once again Tebow sucking doesn't make Mark good. But to be fair yes. Mark Sanchez is without a doubt a better player then Tim Tebow who currently signed on with ESPN and has been out of football for the last year.

Cam Newton- Every GM would take him over Mark.

Jake Locker- We'll see

Blaine Gabbert- Bad like Mark

Christian Ponder- Bad like Mark

Andrew Luck- Every GM would take him over Mark

Robert Griffin- Almost if not all GM's would take him over Mark.

Ryan Tannehill- Far ahead of where Mark was in development as a player.

Brandon Weeden- Bad like Mark

EJ Manuel- To soon to tell, although he was terrible as a rookie.

But the point i'm making is that just because Sanchez is better then Weeden and Gabbert that doesn't prove anything? Only thing it proves is things could be worse. It doesn't prove anything about Mark. I fully understand Mark is not the only first round bust. And he did have his moments which is more then some of those guys on that list can say, i'm not denying that. But that doesn't make him good.

No, I don't. If your argument is going to be the final result of the team year to year and act like that proves whether Mark is good or bad fine. We obviously just have different views on how to judge a QB.

Ya know Tebow took Elway and the Bronco's to the playoffs in 2011 and he couldn't get rid of him fast enough that off season...Cause he knew Tebow was a poor QB. While Sanchez is obviously way better then Tebow the point still stands, you can't judge a QB soley on what the team does and act like nothing else matters.

I'll say it again. I don't hate Mark Sanchez, I don't make fun of him. I don't care about the buttfumble or stupid VINE videos that he's in. I rooted for the guy while he was starting and if the Jets are dumb enough to bring him back next year i'll be rooting for him again and i'll hope he can turn his career around here and prove me wrong. I simply don't think he is a good QB. That's just my opinion on the guy.

#1588 kevmvp, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

What was the comment about Mark's career that made zero sense? I guess you right, I clearly don't understand.

Mark had talent to work with in 2009,10, and 11. He performed as a below average player in all 3 years IMO. In 2012 he was bad as usual but the talent around him was also poor.

Cotchery was a more then capable receiver. He was very productive during his time with the Jets. The RB's weren't all that good from a talent perspective in 2009 (Jones was on his last leg and Greene didn't start to come on till later in the season) but our O-Line was so good that the production was still there to be successful especially once Greene started to perform well in the playoffs.

10. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Sanchez used to be total dogshit. Now Muck is total dogshit coming off shoulder surgery.

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Contacts in the Jets scouting department.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

No, but I have met him and have overseen Johnson Trust assets. Thanks for asking.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Matthew Stafford- Stafford has played w/ a good D and the best WR in the game since day 1. ZERO playoff wins, 1 playoff app. mark is better.

Josh Freeman- Mark was much better

Sam Bradford- Mark is better

Tim Tebow- obviously mark much better

Cam Newton- "Every GM would take him over Mark" true but Cam has been int he league 3 years w/o a playoff win.

Jake Locker- obviously Mark

Blaine Gabbert- Obviously Mark much better

Christian Ponder- Obviously mark much better

Andrew Luck- once in a generation talent.

Robert Griffin- 2 years, zero playoff wins.

Ryan Tannehill- :rofl2::rofl2: mark 2010 was light years better than Tannehill 2013. Ryan is why Miami didn't make the playoffs.

Brandon Weeden- obviously mark much better

EJ Manuel- obviously mark much better through rookie year(same thing for Geno)

by the way, Wilson has a much better D than mark had and much better weapons on O. Put mark in Seattle and they are in SB right now.

mark is better than RG III
    not Luck
    better than tannehil who hasn't sniffed playoffs in 2 years w/ playoff caliber talent.

Foles- great year but one and done in postseason in very QB friendly O w/ weapons a million times better than mark ever had.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for several months for you to post a post I could completely agree with. Finally you did it. Congratulations. Let's hope it is not so long until the next one.

This is my take as well. Smith failed to win the job in camp and pre-season, but Sanchez had not put enough distance between him and Smith for Rex to be comfortable the Opening Day fans would be behind Muck. Confidence is I think a problem for Sanchez, and facing an Opening Day crowd at home was something Rex was concerned about. Rex also knows he rightly was much criticized for sticking with Sanchez too many times during the prior two seasons when he was leaving piles of brown logs on the bed.

Smith is playing poorly against the Giants, who are going to their bench. Rex thinks he can show the fans that Sanchez is the better choice, and puts him in the game.

Ooops.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

And if that happens? Who the hell cares?!?

Pennington is working in Television now.. He never won a SB and that was the ONE noteworthy thing he's done since he was jettisoned.

The Jets made the right move then, and they would make the right move now... You evaluate a player based upon what they bring to YOUR organization - you don't worry if they have success elsewhere.

If Sanchez goes on to win 10 SBs after Idzik makes the right decision to cut him this offseason, it will still be the right move, because he's proven he cannot get it done here. If he is successful elsewhere it will be because HE made major changes that at this point in time you can't bet on it happening.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I disagree very much with this take on Jets recent history.

The big problem I had with Chad, which you fail to mention, is he could not stay on the field. Add in that the kinds of injuries he had were likely to recur, and also limited his talent as a Qb. In short he was not a good prospecct going forward to build your team around.

You say he was going to start in 08. As it turned out he was able to play the whole season in Miami. But no one knew that at the time, and his recent seasons included many missed games.

Concededly he stayed relatively injury free his first year in Miami. But not his second. Miami in 08 also built an unconventional O around Chad that was designed as such to NOT lean on him and his passing too much. And of course you leave out of that season perhaps the most embarrassing playoff loss in the last ten years as all they got at the end of that year. They certainly did not get a Qb for their even medium term future, as they went 7-9 in 09, and were once again out of the playoffs, relying on a different Chad, but at least one who could stay on the field. And of course by then Pennington's career was effectively over.

In 07 I was one who wanted to see Clemens play because he had been a second round pick who was healthy and who the Jets had not really given a chance to. It was not because I thought or claimed to know he was better than Pennington. It was because I thought Pennington was too injury prone to build the team around and count on for the future. Perhaps Clemens might show he could be relied on to spot start, and be a solid backup. He might even have shown he could be the starter. We weren't going to find out unless we saw him play. And in fact he had some successes.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Clemons showed some flashes in 07.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Clemens looked like he had a shot. I still remember the game against the Ravens when Chad went down for the first time in '07. Clemens making his first significant appearance was very jittery throughout the first half and the Jets were down 17-3 in the 4th quarter. Then Clemens and the Jets put together a couple of sustained drives and got close near the end.

It wasn't a pretty performance but he looked like a real gamer and I was hoping he'd get a chance to follow up on the game. Chad was obviously hurt again, although it wasn't a shoulder this time it was an ankle or something like that.

By the time Clemens got back in the lineup the season was over and the Jets were in fold em mode. He never really got a shot after that.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I remember him having a couple decent games, but he wasn't that good to make the Jets pass on bringing in Favre.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Clemens '07 showed less than Geno this year and the board wanted him over Chad.

#1600 nyjunc, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.