Jets' Assistant Coaches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Jan 11, 2014.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I stated it like I had a brain that can think for itself without running through an infinite loop of "Jets are the bestest", "I like the Jets", Candy, Unicorns, Marshmallows, rainbows, derp derp.

Do you think teams usually sign assistant coaches prior to head coaches?

2. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Funny how we complain now about the lack of news regarding our assistant coaches. Two years ago we'd have known everything because of "leaks". Not saying I like that our coaches (including Rex) are in limbo but I do prefer this not being played out publicly.

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Awesome news!!

5. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Was there any doubt?

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This thread obviously spells it out lol

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/34720/staff-almost-done-april-promoted-to-lbs

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I wish we could get rid of Lal for one of Marty's staffers but whatever. Continuity is good, it will be nice to not have to install a new system this year.

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

It's hard to understand how Jeff Weeks still draws a salary from the team though, after reading Dawidoff's book.

10. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Maybe we should give Lal just a little more credit. Jeremy Kerley has really developed for a 5th rounder. No one could have done anything better with Santonio Holmes, - which was more about a shitty selfish immature attitude than anything. David Nelson became a serviceable roster player - maybe not a starter, but Lal has nothing to do with the WRs on the roster.

The knock on Lal is lack of anything from Stephen Hill. I look at is more like Hill had better get his shit together or his career here will be over be it even had a chance to start.

Dunbar and Lynn are excellent ---- the DL speaks for itself & Ivory dominiated at RB with a healthy season. Bilal Powell played really well for a 4th rounder & could develop further.
    McKnight was just a bad draft pick & lazy garbage from the day he threw up in training camp. He was out of football in 2013.

Wish we could let go of Thurman. I dont think the guy contributes anything,.....even when it comes to the secondary. But as its been said, he wont be going anywhere as Rex' personal puppet. Plus I feel he's a little bit of a clown since the day he tossed footballs for his CBs to catch repeatedly in the area of that hot Peruvian female reporter a couple of years ago.

11. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yup, agreed. That was one of the most damning things in the book, that this guy has an actual job with the team.