It is hard to win in the playoffs without cheating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jan 19, 2014.

1. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I think this year BB out smarted himself by thinking it is as simple as plug and play. He let way to many good ones go and thought they could still compete. Granted they had a good record but that will soon come to an end, Hope he does the same for next year. And lets hope we make the right moves in FA and the draft to finally move ahead of them.

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

it is not a coincidence! mcdaniels got caught trying the same thing in denver.:rofl2:

3. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

I love this!
    [YOUTUBE]72jydDzzyLQ[/YOUTUBE]

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

we should have a brady and the pasties sub forum.

its so painful to hear jets fans fawn over brady. i would much rather beat them than have them fade away into oblivion. and the fact that there will be no pasties fans in ct in 5 years is comforting to me.

especially those douchey bandwagoneers that have popped up all over the west side of the state.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Patriots had a great season but they definitely didnt play like they should have in the AFCCG. I thought their offensive gameplan was poor and Brady didnt play well either. On D theres only so much you can do to that Broncos offense. Also losing Talib isnt an excuse because they were poor before that and no one else was playing well.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

You have to give them credit for getting the most they could out of what they had this year. But apart from that, **** them.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I admit to being afraid NE would win in Denver, but that was more a concern about the Broncos choking. On paper Denver had the greater talent.

It would have been interesting to see how much of a difference a healthy Gronkowski might have made. As it was Brady got very little help from his receivers, and missed that key potential TD pass in the end zone, which is not typical of him.

I won't say he's done until he's done, but in a year when Drew Brees has also shown some atypical shortcomings, it is not unreasonable to wonder about Brady.

It was a weak year in the AFC, what with perenials like the Ravens and Steelers out of it, and a talented team like the Bengals self destructing at home. The Colts still have some areas in need of attention, and for some reason the Chargers didn't show up in the first half of their divisional game. So in the end it should not have been surprising that even the Pats in the Champ Game were no real competition for Denver.

The relevance for the AFC East is that only mediocre play by Miami, Buffalo and yes the Jets could allow one more divisional title for NE next year. They are ripe for the picking.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The dividing line in Connecticut should be New London or thereabouts. That's where the driving distance to MetLife and Gillette are about the same.

Having lived in New London for the better part of a decade I can attest that that's where the dividing line for the Yankees and the Red Sox is. There are maybe a few more Sox fans in town than Yankees fans but there are also a fair number of Mets fans there.

Right now the Pats basically own most of Connecticut right down to the wealthy suburbs in the Southwest part of the state. That's where the dividing line is, in Fairfield, Greenwich and Westport. I was a lonely Jets fan in New London, going to the sports bars now and then and seeing the Pats games on the big projection screens and the Jets game up over the bar on a small screen.

When Brady goes that will shift some but it's not going to shift a lot. Not until the Jets are clearly the better team. There's a generation of young fans in the eastern part of Connecticut who grew up Pats fans. Their kids are going to be Pats fans too most likely. For the Jets to really make a claim in eastern Connecticut they're going to have to be good for a sustained period of time. They're going to have to be at least as good as the Pats to make it work.

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

The only Tom Brady you should concern yourselves with for the next 7 months is this one:

[​IMG]

#49 Mayhem, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  10. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys but this was by far the best moment of the entire game, maybe even the season.

[​IMG]

#50 Ajitator, Jan 21, 2014
  11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Anybody that takes the patsies side in this lame argument is a punk ass bitch.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

everyone has always gone with the ct river, i know growing up in northern fairfield county there was NEVER a patriots fan. i mean never ever. every once in a while you would find a red sox fan but never ever a patriots fan. fairfield county pretty much considers itself a suburb of new york and most people who live there are originally from new york so they have absolutely no draw to a team that is 3 hours away.

hartford area seems to consider itself a new england area and typically i have found will ride with the patriots and red sox and then everything east of the river might as well be boston.

new haven i am really not too sure about, i would think they are a middling town. kind of half and half.

at this point yeah there is a whole slew of patriots fans out there and some of them will stay pasties fans. i think a part of it is that alot of people now are second generation ct folks and dont really identify with new york like my family did. it sure is annoying to see them all over the place with their ugly ass garb on not knowing who mosi tatupu is. or john stephens.

i would have thought for sure that new london would be all red sox and patriots, i didnt realize it is mid way point. although i would never go that way to get to boston :)

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I work in Wilton and a lot of the folks I work with are from Wilton, Westport, Weston, Norwalk, Greenwich, Rowayton, Fairfield, Ridgefield, Stamford, Danbury. Most of them are Giants fans and very few if any are Pats fans. Hell, the guy from Monroe is a Packer fan. however our lawyers are from Boston and all of those fackers are Pats fans, but I get to go to the Jets-Pats game every year, sit in a box owned by the Kraft family so I can't complain. :smile:

_

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Change Eastern Ct to NYC area and we've been saying this since the 80s

15. Br4d

I'm in Fairfield county now. I'd say it's 60/40 Jets fans. Maybe a little bit better than that. When I go into one of the bigger local sports bars I see some Jets green and some Pats RWB. It's much better than it was in New London but this area should be 90% Jets fan and it isn't.

The Yankees/Redsox split is about that 90/10 thing that the Jets/Pats should be. That of course means that there are a lot of front-running Yankees/Pats fans in Fairfield county, which is no surprise.

Editing to say that two of the servers at the biggest sports bar I go too in Danbury wear Tom Brady's 12. That would never happen in Jets-land. You lose tips wearing the wrong colors.

#55 Br4d, Jan 21, 2014
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

17. Br4d

Here's your week 15 TV map:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=15

Notice how CBS chose to televise Pats/Fins over Jets/Panthers in virtually all of Connecticut when they had to make a choice because they only had one slot that day?

That's what I'm talking about. That was about the third time this season I watched the Jets over a bar because the Pats were being televised locally and the Jets were not. The Jets were not yet eliminated and not on local TV and they were facing a strong interesting opponent.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I live in the area also. I recall FootLocker and stores of that ilk in the Danbury Mall highlighting the Pats & the Giants going way back to the 80s
    (keeping in mind that the Pats went to the SB in the 80s and 90s while we didn't). Yet it seems that in the town I Live (in NYS), everyone has Jets season tickets. Maybe its just that the Jets'fans seek each other out, idk. But I agree that the Danbury/Ridgefield area hitching onto to the Pats' bandwagon is annoying.

19. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I grew up in Ridgefield, now in Norwalk. I go to the local sports bar on the occasional Sunday, and there are mostly Steelers and Eagles fans. Some Jets, some Giants, some Pats, but mostly PIT & PHI. I guess a few groups decided to make this place their normal Sunday haunt.

Fine by me. I'd rather PIT/PHI then Pats or Phins.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

No disrespect to our brothers in the Garden State, but the Jets really fucked themselves by moving to Jersey.

Over thanksgiving, I was in a pizzeria in New Hyde Park, where you could throw a rock into Queens, and they put down these paper placemats with pictures of Eli Manning and co., with the caption "Winning Pizza of the NY Giants, Super Bowl XLVI Champions." I understand the Giants are popular all over NY, but if the Jets had a natural stronghold, how could it not be LI/Queens?