Damon Harrison Highlights

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoWilkNYJ, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think Harrison is excellent at the job expected of him. I think that on pure passing downs when we go to a 4 man line he is not on the field, as he should not be because pass rushing is not part of his tool box.

You Say Jenkins never played between two beasts? What about his career year in 2002 where he was between Julius Peppers and Mike Rucker, both with double digit sacks. Add to that he was part of a 4 man line and still was not able to reach 10 sacks. Players responsible for the middle of the line very, very rarely hit high sack numbers, not matter the defense or who they are playing with.

Warren Sapp, one of the best interior pass rushers of all time, hit double digit sacks all of 4 times in his 13 year career. this was as a pure 3t in a 4 man line. In recent times, Jay Ratliff played NT in a one gap 34 scheme. His best year was 7.5 Sacks. This again is from a 300 point NT thought, not a 350 pound line clogger.

Your pointing our what you would expect of an elite NT, sacks being the stat, points to you not understanding much about NT play, despite your claims that you do. You really do not seem to be grasping how our multiple front and player rotations work along the Dline.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't care to get into a pissing contest with anyone over what I do or do not understand. I know what I understand and I'll leave it at that.

I will concede that my opinion is wrong if we can move on. That doesn't mean I'm changing my opinion, but for the sake of discussion, let's agree that you're right and I'm wrong about the sacks.

You're completely missing my main point, which is that the NT position is significantly easier on this roster because of who he's playing between. There's almost no drop off in run support when the backup comes in and a better pass rush. I think most solid NT's would flourish in this defense.

Do you think snacks is elite?

#42 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'd imagine the plays where he's double teamed will show up on Mo & Sheldon's highlight reels.