3 Years Ago Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Jan 16, 2014.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you can see a similar image on the scoreboard of this pic:beer:

[​IMG]

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lmao I kinda like that Bill is a sore loser. That kind of despair shows how important this game is to him

Still nice to see though lol

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hate the way he left us, I hate that his teams have dominated us but I respect the heck out of him and he has been great for the game.

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I remember posting before the game that the 45-3 game got out of hand due to a couple of terrible punts by Westy's bitch Steve Weatherford and the game snowballed out of effect after that and once they were down by 21 they had no chance. Dickheads then ran up the score. I turned out to be right that the Jets had a chance because they weren't as bad as they were being credited as.

5. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

"To all the non-believers!"

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

was at the game

got covered in beer and two kids tried to jump me right in front of security in the 4th haha

best jets fan experience of my life though. so great being there and making that place as loud for the jets as it was for the pats. i remember there were a bunch of us doing the J E T S chant during opening kick off.

it was so sweet winning that one too cause i went with my college friends who were all pats fans so i had to tailgate with them all day before hand and listen to all the pats fans talking shit and blah blah blah... the ride home was just so fucking awesome haha.

i wish i still had that towel, i might have it somewhere but i dont even know where to look anymore.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Favorite game since I started watching the Jets. I was going crazy. The throw by Sanchez and the catch by Holmes was just beautiful to watch.

#27 NYJFOREVER, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

One day we will get to that final game of the season And I hope they pick us as underdogs, just as they did in 1968. Half the media will have heart attacks when we win.

9. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

[​IMG]

I know this is huge. It's necessary.

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

this feeling was fucking A M A Z I N G !!!! too bad our team only showed up in the 2nd half of the following game.. but this is definitely my favorite jets game ever

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

:beer:

Filla pint addition :beer:

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

This is why I can never hate Sanchez, no matter what. Yeah he may suck, but Christ, he won 4 playoff games on the road. This is the game we will all never forget.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This win never shocked me, I REALLY thought we were winning this game, like I had 0 doubts that we would lose to them. This game never caught me off guard, the Chargers game the year before was the one that really shocked me, that game I thought we were walking into hell. The Steelers game caught me off guard to, never thought we were losing to them, that game litteraly went through my head for 2 straight years every single day. It wasnt until after the 2012 season that I got over it and I realized that 2010 was long over and that I needed to stop living in the past.

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Lulz .

15. Petey

Petey Active Member

I'm surprised Nantz didn't jump out of the press box. Dude sounded like he just watched his dog get killed.

16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

By far my favorite win since becoming a Jets fan. Let's hope I get a new favorite in the next few years, though.

17. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Even though we won the game I remember being so pissed that the D-lineman (whose name escapes me) totally dogged it down the field and didn't block for Harris on his INT. He would have scored easily if he gave a 50% effort. Then we had an awful drive and Folk missed a chip shot FG.

Someone help me out with the name?

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Despite the miscues early in the game that might be the best game I've ever seen a Jets team play. I've been watching this team religiously since 1985 and I can't think of a better game.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In the 45-3 loss Rex played nickle/dime defense the whole game and we got killed. So what does Rex do in the playoffs? He floods the back end with even MORE DBs.

I read somewhere that Belicheck was shocked that Rex came back with essentially the exact same defense that Brady destroyed just weeks earlier. It was the last thing Bill expected.

Rex is God spelled backwards

20. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Call me crazy but I still believe we were the best team that season.

Yea the jets came out flat in Pittsburgh but if that bullshit fumble was called an incomplete pass like it should have, they'd have went to the superbowl. Definitely would've beaten Greenbay