Draft Simulator

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BakerMaker, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this thought. With that Frame, those hands, and his speed he's going to get drafted in the first by someone if he declares.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Some people believe he has very questionable hands... Ive even seen Stephen Hill comparisons, which is absolutely outrageous. Benjamin and Hill are nothing alike IMO.

I also thinks its pretty hypocritical when people criticize Benjamin for questionable hands, yet say that Jordan Matthews is extremely reliable and has great hands. Im not sure what Benjamins drop rate is, but Matthews drops over 10% of his targets which isnt very good.

I think Kelvin Benjamin has natural hands, but can drop relatively easy passes (whether its from lack of concentration or inconsistency), and is very similar to Eric Ebron in that sense. Id love him in the 2nd, and would probably be happy with him in the 1st as well.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He is perhaps my favorite prospect this year. That's not saying Id rate him #1, but I love the potential he has. I think he may have a low floor, but he ceiling is perhaps the highest of the late first, early second round types. He will be a red zone threat from day one but has the tools to be much, much more. He is raw as a route runner but does use his body to box out the defender well. I think if he stays in school he may have a shot at beign the #1 receiver off the board next year.

4. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

OT JAKE MATTHEWS
    TEXAS A&M

TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
    WASHINGTON

G GABE JACKSON
    MISSISSIPPI STATE

S DEONE BUCANNON
    WASHINGTON STATE

WR BRUCE ELLINGTON
    SOUTH CAROLINA

RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS
    OREGON

WR CODY HOFFMAN
    BYU

QB BRYN RENNER
    NORTH CAROLINA

Not exactly flashy, but good value across the board IMO. Couldnt pass up Mathews at 18. Everyone seems to have ASJ in the 2nd in their mocks but it just fits so nicely with him in the mock. I'd be thrilled if this is how it turned out

5. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Decided to do one more and heres what I ended up with...

TE ERIC EBRON
    UNC

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
    FLORIDA STATE

CB AARON COLVIN
    OKLAHOMA

G GABE JACKSON
    MISSISSIPPI STATE

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
    IOWA

S HAKEEM SMITH
    LOUISVILLE

DE AARON LYNCH
    USF

WR KENNY SHAW
    FLORIDA STATE

2 WR and 2 TE that would easily be able to help Geno become more comfortable as a QB. CB and S with great coverage skills to help us progress further to shoring up the secondary. Gabe Jackson at 80 is awesome value and would make Colon expendable or allow Winters to sit and learn for another offseason to then come in a take over for Colon in 2015. And if Lynch reaches his potential he'd go down as the steal of the entire draft. I'd take this one over my first one. Any thoughts?

6. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

TE JACE AMARO
    TEXAS TECH

WR DAVANTE ADAMS
    FRESNO STATE

WR BRANDON COLEMAN
    RUTGERS

OLB ADRIAN HUBBARD
    ALABAMA

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
    IOWA

OG BRANDON THOMAS
    CLEMSON

S ANTHONY HARRIS
    VIRGINIA

OG CHRIS WATT
    NOTRE DAME

Kinda went offense heavy, Brandon Coleman and Davante Adams are two nice WRs I think could be available in the later rounds

7. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Dammit I can't wait until May...

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I like the idea of this website, but it's kind of a fraud. Bridgewater, Jake Matthews and Sammy Watkins at number 18 in some of the mocks? That's pretty unrealistic.

9. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Dream Draft

YOUR PICKS

18 TE JACE AMARO TEXAS TECH

49 WR KELVIN BENJAMIN FLORIDA STATE

69 WR JARVIS LANDRY LSU

80 DT DOMINIQUE EASLEY FLORIDA

111 WR MARTAVIS BRYANT CLEMSON

142 FB J.C. COPELAND LSU

179 RB DRI ARCHER KENT STATE

210 TE COLT LYERLA OREGON

We run a 2 TE set with Amaro and Lyerla. Move Lyerla around to multiple spots (FB, In line) the way NE did with Hernandez. This should strengthen our ground game and passing attack as we would be unpredictable. Our slot position is covered with Landry/Kerley. Our outside is covered with Benjamin/Bryant/Hill. Special teams is covered with Dri Archer and occasionally we use archer in a rb role similar to how teams use Sproles. He would be deadly if we give him space to work on screens etc. JC Copeland should hold down the FB position as we alternate him and Lyerla. Great value here for Easley as he would be part of our deadly rotation as well as depth in case of injury or if we need to move someone in a trade.

#49 jtrain, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  10. jdub03

jdub03 Active Member

1 18 WR MIKE EVANS
    2 49 TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
    3 69 CB EJ GAINS
    3 80 OLB DEE FORD
    4 111 QB AARON MURRAY
    5 142 OT JOEL BITONIO
    6 179 WR JOSH HUFF
    7 210 RB/KR DRI ARCHER

I'd be very happy with this draft.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Let the draft pundits think that Benjamin has bad hands. This way his stock drops and we can get him at 18.

The game film on him tells you all you need to know. He's a beast and if he's there at 18 the Jets should take him.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

your right, but it's still fun. they also don't draft players to a team of need, for instance:

I saw Cyrus Koudijo taken number 1 overall and Mike Evans taken by the Bears. Chicago already has Marshall and Jeffery.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, but that said, there are surprises in the draft every year and some player drops unexpectedly or a player zooms up and/or is drafted high that no one saw coming. I do think a number of their player ratings is questionable as well, and there are players who haven't officially declared for the draft.

I do think it is an educational tool to help people see how a draft can go, and help them better understand why a team can't always get a great player they covet. Finally, I think it helps show very clearly how draft position can be crucial.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Agreed, that would be a hideous draft. That clearly shows why you can't blindly stick to a BPA approach to the draft and ignore need. Only a team that was already a SB contender and basically set at every position (or one whose needs matched up perfectly with those players) could afford a draft like that.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

My last dip:

18 QB BLAKE BORTLES
    UCF

49 WR DAVANTE ADAMS
    FRESNO STATE

69 TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
    WASHINGTON

80 OLB JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU
    GEORGIA TECH

111 OLB ADRIAN HUBBARD
    ALABAMA

142 OG BRANDON THOMAS
    CLEMSON

179 S ANTHONY HARRIS
    VIRGINIA

210 RB DRI ARCHER
    KENT STATE

=======================================

I seriously doubt if the draft will ever pan out like this.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

It's true, it isn't 100% accurate but weird things happen in the draft that people don't expect. I don't think too many people saw EJ Manuel going 16th overall and Geno falling into the second round for example.

Plus this thing doesn't allow for trades. So even if it doesn't make sense that a team that doesn't need WR help picked up a WR with their first rounder you have to factor in that maybe that team would trade down to a team that wants to grab that WR at that spot.

It's just a bit of fun and I don't expect the draft to shake out like some of the examples people have posted here. I wish, I'd be happy with a lot of them.

17. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

If the first pick ever goes like this lol

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
    LOUISVILLE
    WR JARVIS LANDRY
    LSU
    S CRAIG LOSTON
    LSU
    WR DEVIN STREET
    PITTSBURGH
    OLB TELVIN SMITH
    FLORIDA STATE
    OT KEVIN GRAF
    USC

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

couple things i came away with looking at this site....

first - there are alot of very good players on the board.....last year was a deep draft and its going to continue to be deep for the next 2-3 years.

the kids currently coming out of HS and the 1st/2nd year college guys can bring it.

NFL talent level is going higher - putting that much more of a premium on draft picks moving forward.

second - receiver depth - alot of good receivers/TE out there - i think i'll be dissapointed with the jets if they dont come away with at least TWO

quality pass catching threats.

19. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

My second attempt I believe much more realistic

WR MARQISE LEE
    USC
    TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
    WASHINGTON
    OLB JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU
    GEORGIA TECH
    WR DEVIN STREET
    PITTSBURGH
    S DION BAILEY
    USC
    OG BRANDON THOMAS
    CLEMSON
    C GABE IKARD
    OKLAHOMA
    OLB PRINCE SHEMBO
    NOTRE DAME

20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Like I said, it's fun to mess around with. There will definitely be a lot of surprises in the draft -- Tyson Alualo anyone?? But no one can realistically have guys like Jake Matthews or Teddy Bridgewater falling to 18.

Again, I'm not killing the site. It's actually a great idea. Maybe they need to tweak their algorithms or rankings somehow.