Will the Bengals be in the QB Market?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by legler82, Jan 5, 2014.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Peter King says Cincy wants veteran backup for 2014....Cincy talk-radio talking up Sanchez.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how is a guy who has won 4 road playoff games "the most panicky QB" in the league? any QB would be panicky w/ Chaz Schilens as a main weapon but w/ AJ Green, Gresham, Jones, Eifert, Green-Ellis, Bernard he wouldn't look quite so panicky and there's no doubt Cincy wouldn't be 0-3 in postseason if mark was their starter.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

How can you quote me and still respond as though you did not read what I wrote?

4. legler82

Tell me about it.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Tell them their 2nd round pick will seal the deal for that ass-fumble of a QB.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr I do think what might happen to Sanchez on another team is a Jets story whether he is traded or cut.

But if he's cut it's not much of a Jets story.

That covers it.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea like when you tell people to fuck off and think their opinion on Sanchez shouldn't be shared because it doesn't match yours? Got it.

8. HOI

HOI Active Member

Sanchez will be cut...
    He'll get picked up by someone for peanuts....Im thinking he may want to head back towards the west coast....Oakland??
    He'll hold a clipboard for the rest of his career unless theres an injury

9. legler82

The post quoted below was not an opinion on Sanchez. It more like an obnoxious incorrect presumption on your part. That deserved a fuck off.

10. legler82

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Should-the-Bengals-move-on-from-Andy-Dalton-Blog-74301

It starts.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Bengals would be a great situation for Sanchez. If Dalton struggles in the regular season Sanchez in Cincy would have low expectations, great talent, and they would put him in a QB friendly system to help him out.

Overall, I think the Bengals have to consider Dalton isn't the answer but not outright drop him. The problem with Dalton is as with most QBs, turnovers. He's thrown more each year since entering the league, but his INT% has gone up each year in the league. He needs to find a way to limit the INTs as his attempts go up. On the other hand, he's been throwing for more yards per play, game, and TD%. The interceptions are killer and the way turnovers seem to come in groups.

12. JetsKickAss

Talk radio in Cincy is plugging Sanchez....cheap, young, never had the talent that the Bungles have.

They want someone who can relieve Dalton when he has games like he has had in the playoffs.

Their big worry: that Sanchez relieves Dalton during the regular season/playoffs....kicks ass with all that talent...and then there's a QB controversy. It would not be Anderson-Boomer circa 1984/85.

13. JetsKickAss

Lewis wanted Dalton, Owner Brown wanted Kapernick.

14. legler82

You live in Cincy?

15. JetsKickAss

Cousin does.....been sending me lots of e-mails.....1st choice is McGowan over there, Sanchez is 2nd. Prefer McGowan because he's older and no QB-controversy if he excels.

16. lakersmetsjets49ers

I dont think its a stretch to say 2009/10 Sanchez could've won the San Diego game this past Sunday and at least one of the Houston playoff games from a few seasons back. He minimized the turnovers in the playoff wins and made a few plays that see just enough in some of the playoff games. A backup role in cincinnati would be an ideal landing spot for Sanchez though. If the jets could get some type of draft pick out of the bengals for him, then all the more better.

It would never happen but the move the bengals should consider would be tony romo. I'm sure Dallas has buyers remorse on the romo deal. Some players aren't built to be the main guy on high profile teams. If the cowboys were to trade romo to the bengals, I think he would thrive in a smaller market with way less demands, the bengals have some talent as well. Dallas gets younger and goes after a qb in the draft.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Most Bengals fans I know (not many) do not want Dalton to start next year and are looking at the draft.

I actually do think that the Bengals would be a good fit for Sanchez, especially up Zeitler's butt.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's pretty obvious to anybody who really knows football that if the 2003 Indianapolis Colts had the opportunity to replace Peyton Manning with Mark Sanchez they'd have done so.

Peyton was just a terrible QB in the playoffs and he was the guy holding that team back whereas Sanchez magnificent 4 playoff wins 3 and 4 years ago would have been the crucial factor in making that wise decision.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you mock but w/ the way Mark has played in the playoffs they would have won more playoff games in Indy. The only SB Peyton ever won his D was MUCH better than mark ever had and obviously he had elite weapons to throw to yet he still had a postseason w/ 3 TDs and 7 INTs.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think despite the fan animosity that Dalton stays in Cincy. They have to take a chance that he gets over whatever mental issues he has in big games, since in other games he obviously shows he has the talent to win in the NFL. I concede some guys never get it together mentally enough to take it to the next level, and that may end up being true about Dalton. But I think their FO decides it is premature to get rid of him.

I could see them going Qb in the draft, though.