Top 50 Free Agents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Dec 17, 2013.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I have updated the OP now that the Bears have taken Cutler and Slauson off the table.

If you see any players that have been resigned or tagged let me know (post in this thread)and I will keep the list updated.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Jimmy and Byrd would be sick for this team

3. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

He'd cost too much. We need to spend the vast majority of our FA money on the offense.

4. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Brian Orakpo WAS LB 28
    Golden Tate SEA WR 26

Maybe someone for the OL.
    I think this would make our draft a little bit easier.

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Do you guys think Orakpo will come here or not hit the market? Also is it reasonable to get him because I want him bad

6. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Not necessarily/ I read an article on SI this morning about the possibility of the Bucs releasing him. If they did and we could resign him, well. that would be a coup to end all coups. And I think he would come back. It makes for interesting thought and conversation, at the very least.

7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

FWIW, Peter King doubts that the Bucs will cut Revis. He also thought that in 2013, the Jets would go 0-16 or something.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wake up, dude. Revis is NOT coming back to the Jets if he's released. Woody would never sanction it. That's the bottom line. Even if Woody would, I doubt that Revis would want to come back or that Idzik would want to have to deal with Revis and the cap issues he brings. That ship has sailed. Move on.

9. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

I dream of getting one of Graham, Byrd, or Orakpo.

Graham is probably a pipe-dream, but he could change the entire outlook on the franchise.

Byrd could finally be a playmaking safety for us, but it doesn't seem like Rex values safety enough to get him.

Orakpo seems possible to me. Adding Orakpo would make the front seven absolutely unreal. Between the D-Line we have and the talent of Coples, Orakpo, Harris, and Davis, that would be the best front seven in the NFL in my book.

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

Orakpo makes a lot of sense, just injuries are always a problem. Can't justify giving him a big deal which I'm sure he will seek.

TJ Ward is all but certain to be looked at, IMO. Would be awesome.

Jimmy Graham is the dream, but it's more than likely just that, a dream.

Imagine we somehow landed Graham and signed a WR like Maclin? or draft Evans first round. Offense changes drastically.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't want Revis back and I don't want him cut(I think he will be though). Give me the 3rd pick please.

12. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

We missed Matt Slauson? Damn, I wanted the jets to SIGN... THAT.... BEAST! I can only imagine how good we'd be with a player like that.

On second thought, I can more than imagine....

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He was something like the top 6th rated guard this year and the Bears gave him a four year deal. This is not the Matt Slauson we had last year, dude stepped up his game big time.

14. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

agreed on most all. I think NICKS has a case of dropsies. I really do not watch any Gi aints football but my neighbor is a fan and that is what he said.

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

with Slauson we'd be 8 and 8. Without Slauson we were 8 and 8. He was a good player but he would not have had an impact on winning or losing.

16. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

I would shit my pants if we signed Decker. Would help Geno so much, being that he is used to true handed receivers with exceptional route running skills. (speaking of his time at WVU of course)

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't see him being released...I mean he's got to have some sort of trade value, right? I know the contract is big, but it can be reworked easy since there's no guarantees.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

This is just my feeling on this, but I think Revis would absolutely come back if the opportunity came about. However, I still think the Bucs will keep him with Lovie Smith, but if they don't, he still has a trade value.

19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Not a position of dire need and he'd certainly want more than he's earned the past few years but I have to think Darren McFadden would look good in green..

20. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Jason Worilds please.