Jets coulda been in playoffs if

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Jan 1, 2014.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The real saying is "you are what the refs let you be" I can't remember a season with so many phantom calls and bs penaltys for all teams.Chargers are in the playoffs due to a missed call,so many bad calls this season,the NFL really has to fix this because its a mess

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The Pitt game was the back-breaker.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes U R correct & all they had to do is win out & they were in which the starter of the thread I guess totally forgot to mention :sad:

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hey, winning three of the last four was great. But when you consider the opponents, those wins were hardly harbingers of playoff success. I mean Miami? They scored only 7 points in their last two games, and those were against the Jets. They didn't score any against Buffalo. And Cleveland sucked, as did the Raiders.

Like I said, great that the Jets won 3 of the last 4. But the one game they played against a playoff team? They lost.

5. section134

section134 Active Member

several points
    someone said last three wins, against raiders cleve dolphins don't count because they are bad teams----espn.com on Thursdays has their 14 so called expert make picks---they include Ditka keyshan etc----the majority of those guys had jets LOSING those games----there are no cream puffs in the league

my reason for starting this thread is to show that jets are close to being a good team----so it gives us quite a bit of hope for next year

most games are close----under 7 points---yes jets got whacked in several games----considering jets were picked by espn and others to be worst team in the nfl and we finished so well shows to me we have good people, coach---good core

most games have penalties that are missed by officals---easy passes that are dropped etc
    the good teams have enuf fire power to over come

cant wait for march 11 when teams can sign free agents------just saw that bears resigned jay cutler----jets need backup to geno-----look at all the injuries this past year

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm now let's C are not the Raiders & Browns in the top 5 in the upcoming draft? That would surely make them some kind of cream puffs right? Mia is just like us a so-so team. When U have a Brady in your division you have to be as elite as them or otherwise U are falling behind IMHO :sad:

7. HQ1

HQ1 Banned

LOL You losers acting like winning 8 games, being handed 2. Like the time you were handed wins to get into the playoffs. Then getting pumped because you beat some of the worst teams in the league. New Flash jet fans! The AFC sucked this year. And the refs sucked but everyone had to deal with them! Not just the snitch loser jet fans. Whining and starting threads about the refs. Like their really trying to shit on the jets? No the jets do a great job of shiting on themselves.

8. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

To make it simple, Justin Tucker misses that 62 yard field goal and we're in.

9. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Bye :grin:

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Jets don't deserve to be in the playoffs this year.. Simple as that.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm still amazed we got to 8-8 with this roster.

When was the last time an NFL team finished .500 or better without a 1,000 yard rusher or a guy catching 50 balls? I'll actually go look this one up.

Edit: 1987 for the Pats. Tony Collins, 44 catches and 474 yards. The regulars only played 12 games as replacement players played the first 3 and the schedule was cut to 15 games. Pats went 8-7.

1987 for the Fins. Another lockout year. Fins went 8-7.

1965 for the Bills. Got by both the '87 lockout and the '82 strike by being under .500 both years.

#51 Br4d, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I am shocked by that ban. Shocked I tell you. :rofl:

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree. The Jets had nothing resembling an offense for a good portion of the year. 8-8 is a hell of an overachievement.

14. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Cleveland isn't great; but they had the Pats beaten, in New England,
    before the refs bailed Brady out with a phantom pass interference
    penalty. That was just two weeks before we beat them.

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Really the Jets were handed two games by opponents making completely stupid mistakes where they lost the game not through anything the Jets actually did but through their own ineptness....granted a win is a win and that's what shows in the record, but in reality this should have been a 6 and 10 team this year.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

So the games we won due to opponent errors shouldn't count as wins, but the games we lost due to our own errors should count as losses?

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Two?

I only count one (the TB game). The Jets still could have won that game even without the David gaffe. Smith has the arm strength to reach the end zone on what would have been a Hail Mary thrown 50-60 yards from the end zone. Odds are he wouldn't have completed the pass, but those are just odds.

18. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Patriots would have had the ball at the 45. Not a guarantee, but that's pretty good field position. At worst, they punt it inside the 20 and Geno probably screws it up.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Were the Patriots winning?

You know for a fact the Patriots would have won?

You might have an argument if the Patriots were winning when the field goal block attempt went wrong for them.

As it is, it is sour grapes Patriots talk/self-loathing Jets fan negativity to say the Jets clearly would have lost if not for Chris Jones' blunder.

20. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

You know they weren't winning and I said it wasn't a guarantee.