Hakeen Nicks - what is the deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Jan 2, 2014.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You do realize Nicks only has 3 Tds in last two seasons combined?His numbers have declined since Superbowl win ,with Eli throwing him ball ,he is on the decline.He is also very injury prone

#21 LongIslandBlitz, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yes I do, I also realize that he is 25 years old with immense talent. The guy has played at least 13 games every season of his career. Sometimes a change of scenery does a player good, it would not surprise me if Nicks was one of them. If take a chance if the $$ were right, he would walk through the door and be our best WR.

Btw you do realize Eli was one of the worst QBs in the league?

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Exactly who I'm hoping for. Tate in FA and solid WR prospect in either Round #1 or Round #2 and this offensive talent is light years ahead of last season.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

To be fair, Nicks lazy route running and the fact that he put forth hardly no effort on the field on a contract year says a lot about a player.

Eli played bad last year, but c'mon Nicks and Eli they won a SB together, how are you going to half-step it like that?

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah it seemed to me Nicks was sulking and had one foot out the door after they paid Cruz and not him. At least Santonio had enough sense to wait till after he got the money before he started jaking it lol.

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if he would take something like 2 yrs 7 million id do it. otherwise not worth it.

he doesnt seem very motivated to play football

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Bring him in then cut him right after the Snoopy Bowl.

Maybe that we we'll have a comfortable lead and Rex won't have to play Geno into the 4th qtr.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! It would be absurd to bring in a lazy, unmotivated player like Nicks to play for a players' coach who isn't disciplined himself and who only holds rookies accountable for their performance. If Rex were a demanding disciplinarian, it might be one thing if Nicks' contract was primarily incentive-based. It's another to hand him a bunch of money, with probably some of it guaranteed, to play for a coach who has a bad track record of not holding veteran players responsible/accountable for their performance. A perfect recipe for disaster.

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

NO NO NO unless he wants 3 years at 3 mil per year :)

10. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I think he knew his days with the Giants were over and was just coasting through the season and hoping not to get hurt. He is looking for another team to pay him. BUT after these past 2 years he has lost a lot of money doing what he did. IF and I mean IF the price is right I say go for it, Otherwise its a pass for me.

11. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I think he'd be a great guy to bring in. The Giants offense was a mess this year and it started with the guy throwing the ball. Eli was off target all year and the o-line forced a lot of rushed throws. Nicks certainly didn't play well, but he's young and has several good years of NFL play prior to that. This is still a guy who dominated during a SB run (Eli gets all the credit but his WRs were absolute beasts that caught EVERYTHING during both SB runs).

Certainly worth a look, and he wouldn't even need to uproot his life to make this switch. I think the pricetag will be more reasonable after a down season. For those who say Maclin, I still prefer a guy who played this season to a guy coming off an ACL.

12. Jetsfansince95

A long term big money contract on him just scares me

13. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

We could probably get him for 3 years, $20 million. Maybe. Sometimes teams overpay FA WRs.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL wut? You THINK? What do you think 3 years at $20 million for Nicks is? That's crazy for a player like him.

15. Jetsfansince95

Pretty sure he gets 5 at 25 maybe even 5 at 30 -35

16. Jetsfansince95

Look what Holmes got lolol

17. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

if healthy hes a beast. I dont know where the Holmes comparison comes from, not alike at all. And the Cruz contract had nothing to do with Nicks. As a matter of fact, the Giants underpaid Cruz because they wanted to be able to pay Nicks. Only knock on Nicks is he'll drop easy catches every now and then, but he'll also make circus catches to make up for it. If youve seen any Giants games, you'll see how much attention he draws in the redzone therefore freeing up other receivers to make the td. Love how people take nonsense and blow it out of proportion.

18. Jetsfansince95

I mentioned Holmes since he got a ton of money for a 1 play catch... yes he won the super bowl but it was 1 catch and a decent career. so saying Nicks will only get 3 years at 20 million is dreaming. he gets at least 5 anywhere btwn 25 - 40 teams will pay it. I hope it isn't us.

19. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Wasnt directed at you, sorry. Im talking about the malcontent comparison. Holmes got chased out of Pittsburgh. Nicks just wants money, just like the rest of the world

20. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Nicks might have alot of talent, but I can't ever see paying someone who has already shown they have the ability to mail it in. No thanks.