Baker's Mock Draft(12-30-13)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BakerMaker, Dec 30, 2013.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Nice work baker well done.

2. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Eric Ebron over Marqise Lee? With Lee falling to pick 32?

3. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

I'll fill in for him I guess. Notre Dame prospects we should be looking at are:

2nd round: Zack Martin, OL. Not as heralded as a lot of other offensive linement because he doesn't have the prototypical length of an NFL left tackle, but has had as impressive college career as anybody in this draft. 4 year starter. This year shut down Trent Murphy of Stanford (possible 1st rounder) and Van Noy (probable 2nd rounder). Most think he projects better at guard, but could probably play any position on the o-line competently. Plug and play, versatile O-lineman.

Round 4-6: TJ Jones. Jeremy Kerly pt 2. Not big or physical, but decent speed, good hands, good route runner. Has a knack for getting open, and is pretty athletic in space. Excellent #3 WR. The classic kind of guy that gets overlooked, but is reliable and can move the chains.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like the players and positions you have the Jets drafting, but think the way you got them to Ebron was wrong. Why in the world would Cleveland trade down and then take Watkins, when they already have Gordon as their #1 WR? That makes no sense to me at all. Who's gonna throw the ball to them? They couldn't count on being able to trade up to get Manziel or another QB they like. Besides, I'll be somewhat surprised if Manziel slides to #18.

I know you have the Jets trading down 8 spots, but why in the world would the Jets trade down 8 spots for only a 3rd round pick, and risk missing out on their LT of the future, possibly both Ebron and Amaro, or Davante Adams (if he's risen that far)?

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

You stole the words right out of my mouth honestly.....

Though I think Jones is more of a round 6-UDFA type.

OLB Prince Shembo could be a round 5-6 target if we're looking for a pass rushing OLB. He's a nice little player who could add to the team's depth. He has been linked to being the player who supposedly raped a female(This female committed suicide not too long after) so I don't know how much that will play out if he's interviewed or the what not.

#25 BakerMaker, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  6. BakerMaker

I think they'll view Watkins higher than either Carr/Bortles but they could nab him in a trade down and acquire more draft picks in the process. Spielman(MIN GM) will be gun ho for his desired QB and hasn't been afraid to trade up(He went crazy with his trade ups last year)

Gordon has been on the trade block for a while now for some odd reason(I'm guessing the fact he's a failed drug test from a year suspension is the reason) and Bess/Little are not starters as neither can hang onto the ball. You add Watkins to Gordon and Cameron and all of a sudden the Browns have some seriously explosive weapons for whoever is the QB. Which is where the Browns desire for Manziel comes in.....

Arizona could smokescreen for a QB(Palmer is lousy and the Cards have no future) enough to scare Cleveland into finding a trading partner before pick 20. Miami will be hellbent to get a OT(Lewan) and won't risk losing him before pick 26 so this is where the Jets come in and they can nab themselves an additional pick to just move 8 spots down and to get their TE, whether it be Ebron or Amaro.

I just don't think after the Vikings that there are many teams who will want a QB. The teams that need a QB are HOU/JAX/CLE/MIN/OAK/ARI....there's a good chunk between the 9th and 20th pick that need a OT which is where I think a flurry of lineman start to go off the board.

7. BakerMaker

Just not high on Lee being able to win scouts over which is why I even have Robinson going ahead of him since the 49ers always go for a out of nowhere pick like they did with Jenkins not too long ago.

[youtube]6jcCSU-sFRs[/youtube]

Likewise this is a deep WR draft so teams might go elsewhere for other players and try and nab someone in a later round. I see Lee going to SEA of course since Carroll is the head coach and because Golden Tate might command too much money to return so a replacement will be needed.

8. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

Watkins isn't your prototypical #1 WR. IMO he looks like a running back that just so happens to have good hands. He's the kind of guy you design plays to get him the ball in space and he'll make things happen. Hell of a talent though.

9. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

If I'm an NFL GM and TJ Jones is there in the 5th you take him and don't look back. Whoever takes him will ultimately happy that they did.

Can't believe I forgot about Shembo. Had an underwhelming season compared to what he did last year, but an NFL quality OLB and would be nice to have on the roster considering the age of our existing players at the position.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Do you really think Ebron makes it to 26th? Hes my favorite TE in the draft and if the top 3 WRs are off by our pick I wouldnt mind taking him with the 18th. We know Rex wants to run 2 TE sets. Cumberland and Ebron would be interesting and maybe even bring back Winslow as a third TE. Would be an interesting guy to put on our team to say the least.

11. Mangold Goldman

Am I the only one who thinks this is J Stokes' second account?

I can't be the only one.

Dude you don't need to follow him into every thread and attack people who disagree with him, he can handle himself.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He can't handle himself, the dude has been banned :wink:

13. Mangold Goldman

I hope it's permanent that guys a dick. God forbid somebody's got a differing opinion

14. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Love Ebron, but if you sub in Amaro with the rest of those picks? As a huge Jordan Matthews fan (feel like he and Allen Robinson are interchangeable, very similar players who would be servicable WR1 and dominant WR2s in this league for a long time), and Dri Archer is the next Dexter McCluster.

[​IMG]

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

No, your not the only one who thinks this a second account or returning poster who was previously banned.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the further clarification.

I still can't see Cleveland going with two #1 WRs. They're not gonna trade Gordon. I also don't think Ebron and Amaro will drop that far and am not sure the LTs will, either, if the draft goes according to history. I'm usually a proponent of trading down, but this year it will depend upon how far down they would go, what they would get in return and who would they possibly be missing out on if they traded down. Unless they're ranked very differently come draft time, if Lewan or Ebron are sitting there at #18 and I'm Idzik, I sprint to the podium and hand in my card taking one of them. Another team would have to blow me away with a trade offer or I'd have to be absolutely certain that one or both would still be sitting there at my new draft spot in order to entice me to trade down.

17. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

I really like this, I do doubt that Ebron is there that late and Matthews is there too, but I think if Manziel is there where we are picking, we could get more, because we would have teams at their mercy for him, because they think we could very well pick him

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Nah, he's a #1 WR.

19. BakerMaker

I think you'd be asking too much of Watkins to think he can come to the NFL and play like a no.1 WR from the get go though. It'd be a perfect world for him to be the Robin to Gordon as Batman.

Yeah I understand not wanting to risk losing your guy(GB could fall in love with Ebron given Finley's health and all) but I think us or Dallas could be a suitor for someone who is thirsting for Manziel as their QB.

Not a Lewan fan...had a down year this year. He should have entered last year, he looked bad in the games vs the Irish and Spartans from what I saw. I think he's a RT....don't think he's got the footwork to make it work as a franchise LT.

20. I'd be thrilled with this draft but I think Archer goes much earlier. Guy is another Tayvon Austin w/ alittle bit more in the form of an RB than a WR. Someone will fall in love w/ his playmaking ability by 2nd round the latest. He would be absolutely perfect for the Jets.He'd fit the same role Leon Washington did..except he maybe a better player.