More Clarity on the John Abraham to the Broncos Deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sowell Train, Mar 4, 2006.

1. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

Just out of curiosity (I'm still on the fence about your credibility by the way)....

Why would the Jets consider the 29th from Denver, if there are rumblings that the Lions are willing to give up the 9th pick overall?

#21 EvilClownFace, Mar 4, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  2. Jaquifus

Jaquifus New Member

I believe you Sowell Train. And I'm one of the most respected posters on this site.

3. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

you have 2 posts.:rofl:

4. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Sowell Train i really hope your right but i cant really know what your sayin is real because you dont have a source to show us. But i can beleive you i mean why would you lie?

5. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Take Soss's backround banner dude, having a steady one would be better instead of switching around all the time.

Also, screw the guys who say you aint credible and you are just some college kid doing this for laughs. You have a great camera presence, and I would like to watch you on ESPn better than Mort or Dan Patrick or Neil Everett or Mike Ditka and idiots like that...i believe you and even if the deal doesn't go through, keep plugging.

6. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

I don't think he's some college kid doing this just for laughs. I give him props. It takes a lot of balls to do what he does. I do however see why some would be skeptical about his "sources".

At any rate, I find JetsTV to be pretty entertaining.

Just remember buddy....if you're lying to us, we all know what you look like! J/K

7. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Had to laugh at that one. LOL :up: :rofl:

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

You've been right before, so I'll believe you for now.

9. BroncosNut

BroncosNut New Member

Hey Broncos fan here who happens to live in michigan so I have been following this John Abraham thing for a couple weeks now figuring he is going to end up with one of these two teams close to me. It is funny to me how a week ago John Clayton was saying they could barley get a 2nd round pick for Abraham & now he says the lions are looking at giving them the # 9 pick for him & a 3rd rounder. I am sorry but this is a very talented draft class and the Lions are sitting in a very good spot picking 9th especially with Cutler and maybe vernon davis sneaking up into the top ten. I just do not see the Lions giving up that pick when they look good to get a player like Ngati, Hawk, Huff, maybe even Mario williams but prolly not. They have two decent defensive ends who i bleive had 7 sacks a each in Hall & Edwards (whom is a RFA meaning they can match an offer sheet or recieve draft picks). I really think he is going to end up getting traded to Denver for the 29th pick which is slightly better then the 2nd round pick J.C. said you could't get for him a week ago. Denver has a bigger need for a pass rusher and I think with their two picks are in a better spot in the draft to be able to make a deal not to mention that Mike Shanahan has been invoved in nearly half of the trades that have occured in the nfl over the last two seasons. I don't know this young man making these videos but I think he is alot closer on what is happening with Abraham then some people might think.

10. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

that might be why he is saying there still may be teams that swoop down to make a better offer.

11. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I have serious doubts that the Lions would trade the 9 also. Could be a smokescreen to get Denver to pony up the 22 instead of the 29. The release of Pryce makes this look pretty probable, especially if the CBA gets ironed out.

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That was hillarious. Great catch.

13. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I'll admit that if it wasn't a team with a GM as brain dead as Matt Millen, I'd agree that there's no chance of the Detroit thing being real. For what its worth it should be noted that from a pick value chart standpoint Abe and the 2nd rounder for #9 is basically equal to Abe for #22. I think some of it is posturing on the Jets part. However, if the Lions are offering their 2nd rounder plus an additional pick or 2, the argument can be made that its a superior package to just #29.

14. BroncosNut

BroncosNut New Member

While Millen is not the brightest star in the sky he has assembled a fairly talented roster and left them 20 million under the cap for this season when all other teams are cutting players left & right to try to get under the cap. Also the numbers for the pick value prolly add up to what you are saying but most drafts don't have as much talent at the top off the draft as this one does that is why I see them keeping # 9. As far as the Lions giving you their 2nd rounder and a pick or two on top of that I beleive I read somewhere that the Lions only have 4 picks maybe 5 this year and no chance at compensatory picks. So any additional picks would have to be in future drafts.

15. rbvrn

rbvrn New Member

Abe is going to end up with Atlanta.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

did your "source" tell you that...

17. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

This kid is a monumental boob. He's really starting to annoy the hell out of me. Some dork in his college dorm room does not have "sources" that leak this information to him ahead of newspaper beat reporters or national sports networks. Please.

Obviously the Broncos are a potential suitor for Abe. They have two first round picks and would love to upgrade their line with elite talent. I mean come on... this is just stating the obvious. Now he's back tracking and all this other BS, dishing out excuses more than a teenager caught w/ a hash pipe in his room by his parents.

18. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I like this website, but some of you people are just jerks...give Sowell Train a break...he's a sincere poster...which some of you are NOT....

19. The Sowell Train

The Sowell Train New Member

Honestly, if and when this Bronco deal goes through, I will be very tempted to "poke fun" at the naysayers. Then again I actually understand why these people are calling me names and saying im an idiot. I wouldn't believe me either!

I am willing to take a beating and all sorts of verbal abuse. But if this deal does not go through as I have stated, I will continue to post "breaking news" sparingly, because I do indeed have a source. And even though this source has been wrong before, he has told me some great stuff in the past (Antoine Winfield NOT being a done deal, Sowell's agent being informed that Jerald has been let go, Ty Law deal hours before news let it be known).

Point being, make fun of me and yell at me at will, I will deserve it, but take note when I make my next news story. You can yell at me then, but remember I will be right on something major soon.

Thanks to those who have been watching and have been kind and supportive.

20. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying your a big time dork. I don't know what else to say... I would say that you probably have a 60% chance of being right on this without having any "sources".

I have a source too, it's called ESPN.